ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited leave to remain to spouse visa???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasyjen
Newly Registered

Limited leave to remain to spouse visa???

Post by jasyjen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi! I need your advice about my situation. I came here in October 2010 as a student visa. Then before my visa expired in Feb 2012, I applied for FLR (family/private life) been refused once then appealed again and we (with my fiance) went to court to appeal. We won and I got my visa on January 2014 with limited to remain expiring on Nov 2015. We told the judge that we are happy to get married once i receive my passport and that's what he stated on the determination- to release my passport so I can get married and apply for visa under immigration rules. Does that mean we really have to get married within the duration of my visa? It's just that we're going to my country this year so my fiance can meet my family and ask their blessing however we are so worried about the wedding (financially) although we' e already talked that if there's no other way of postponing itthen we have to do it very very simple. Plus Im on the 10 year route before getting ILR so we're thinking about getting married and get ILR after 5 years.. With spouse visa, how long is the visa? Thank you!