ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier-2 with a Tier-4 visa from outside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

riyazahmd
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier-2 with a Tier-4 visa from outside the UK

Post by riyazahmd » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Hello

I am Tier-4 visa holder. I came back to India because of my father's health problems and later I knew that the UKBA sponsor license of my college was revoked. After 3 months (last day) I received an email from this college saying that they have obtained a stay order from the court that protect their license.

But I am not planning to go back to this college. Meanwhile I received a job offer from a company in the UK that does not need a Resident Labour Market Test. The job is included in the shortage occupation list.

Could anyone please let me know what should I do to change the visa from the present Tier-4 to the Tier 2? Do I have to cancel my existing visa? If so what are the formalities? Do I have to contact the college for any of the required processes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Riyaz Ahamed.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:17 pm

your T4 visa is not relevant. Once you have the CoS just apply for T2G entry clearance

riyazahmd
Newly Registered

Post by riyazahmd » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 am

Thank you.

riyazahmd
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for Tier-2 with a Tier-4 visa from outside the

Post by riyazahmd » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi

I received the CoS (Tier 2 general, under the shortage occupation list).

I would like to clarify a few more points before submitting the visa application:

1) Since I came back from the UK (within the visa validity period, without any overstay) where I was on the Tier 4 general student visa, the college had informed the UKBA that I 'left the country'. Does this count as I have a status of 'voluntarily elected to depart the UK?'

2) The 'start date' (of the job) mentioned earlier from the company was on 17th March 2014. But when I received the CoS it's already 12th of March. The company informed that there is no need to change this date (in the CoS) and says they will inform the new start date to the UKBA after my arrival. Would this be an issue for the visa application process?

Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for Tier-2 with a Tier-4 visa from outside the

Post by manci » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

this simply means that the college informed the HO that you are no longer studying there.
it is not a problem if you don't actually start work on the start date given in the CoS provided this is agreed with your sponsor