ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport missing, now RC too - utterly unbelievable

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siroc
Australia

Passport missing, now RC too - utterly unbelievable

Post by siroc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi there,

Just under a month ago I submitted a formal complaint about my missing passport in possession of the UKBA. The issue was they issued my RC on a standalone document despite the fact they had my passport.

In response to my complaint I received a phone call from my case worker (private number, of course) saying that he had my passport and that I should send my RC back to him so that he could reissue it in my passport and send it back. I was given a direct address for which to send it to him as well as his assurance that it would be done the day it was received. Now I sent it by Special Delivery a week ago enclosing a second prepaid self addressed SD envelope. Till this time there's no record of it being sent back.

This makes me furious because not only do I not have my passport but I don't have my RC either anymore...

I know it has only been a week but it was addressed personally to him (albeit signed by someone else) and I was assured it would be returned to me straight away.

So what are my options here? Simply wait it out assuming my package is being held in a mail room? Should I direct my dilemma to a local MP? Speaking of which, we're moving elsewhere in the UK at the end of thus month, so would this impact on which MP I should present my case to?

Many thanks, as always

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Passport missing, now RC too - utterly unbelievable

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 am

Have you called back on the number that he used to call you on? If he called your mobile phone you should be able to find this in the 'received call' list.

Did the letter you received with your RC have a number on it? Or fax?

I know these are silly suggestions that most people would have thought about by now,...just hope you have tried them so far.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:25 am

Normally transferring RC on passport is equal to making new application but because its caused due to their mismanagement and fault, so you deserve immediate issuance of RC on your passport. Maybe reminding again in writing to that caseworker may work. Or if you search the forum/google you may find the contact of some top person in that department like before was Rob etc. who replied and helped a lot applicants on contact.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

The number he contacted me on was a private number and the telephone number and email address section on the letterhead signed by him is conspicuously missing any details. I contacted the call centre but, as expected, they won't give me his contact details only to offer to email him on my behalf which garnered no response the last few times they did that.. It's like some kind of cruel joke.

I will try to find other contacts as mentioned, but if that proves unsuccessful what is the next step? To wait another week and submit a complaint AGAIN or is there another avenue best pursued...?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 am

Maybe try this email: europeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

You could explain the details and give the case workers name.

If they are not willing to help, you could always let them know you want to complain.