ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tmoodi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:36 pm

tmoodi wrote:Hi Keepwaitingg;
Any news ? I didn't received any news ,
still waiting,
moodi

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 pm

No GOOD NEWS today....COM ON its Friday...some body should get a good news....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi, My name is Sharmin.

I came to UK 2004 June and expecting to finish 10 years in 3 months.
However, I have been refused on 2010 while extending my visa for tier 4 due to maintenance. My 1st tier appeal was rejected and I have decided to apply for upper tribunal and I did within 5 days. But I left UK after made appeal due to my family reason(dad died).

I came back within 4 months with new entry clearance (PSW). I didn't over-stay in UK as i had my appeal pending.
I went to few immigration lawyer and few said it won't be a problem as i had valid stay in uk, some said it will be a problem.
I called court and asked about my previous appealed and they said my appeal is still active though i have new entry clearance.

I am so worried about this issue.
Please reply me if you know anything about it.

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Dear Board members after six months ı have received a refusal letter ( over stayed more than 28 days in 2005). I am not going to appeal . I am allowed to get extension for my current visa which is ecaa 1 worker visa for turkih citizens in 28 days. plaese be careful for choosing a solicitor. My solicitor said that it is very straight forward case but ı understand now it wasn,t. ı waste very stresfull six months and money. Fortunately ı am allowed to apply for visa extension.

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Post by tmoodi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello Keepwaitingg;
sorry to hear that this is really v bad news. But I m still waiting today I call to H O but still same reply my case is under processes . Pls prayer for me today my 24 weeks completed.
Moodi

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:Dear Board members after six months ı have received a refusal letter ( over stayed more than 28 days in 2005). I am not going to appeal . I am allowed to get extension for my current visa which is ecaa 1 worker visa for turkih citizens in 28 days. plaese be careful for choosing a solicitor. My solicitor said that it is very straight forward case but ı understand now it wasn,t. ı waste very stresfull six months and money. Fortunately ı am allowed to apply for visa extension.
Sorry to hear about your refusal. Did you know about your overstay before you applied for ILR? were there any exceptional circumstances for your overstay?

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
keepwaitingg wrote:Dear Board members after six months ı have received a refusal letter ( over stayed more than 28 days in 2005). I am not going to appeal . I am allowed to get extension for my current visa which is ecaa 1 worker visa for turkih citizens in 28 days. plaese be careful for choosing a solicitor. My solicitor said that it is very straight forward case but ı understand now it wasn,t. ı waste very stresfull six months and money. Fortunately ı am allowed to apply for visa extension.
Sorry to hear about your refusal. Did you know about your overstay before you applied for ILR? were there any exceptional circumstances for your overstay?

I didnt know that it was in 2005 also Solicitor said that it is ok. I know one thing now I am allowed to get extension for my current visa. I spoke to afew solicitors they said this refusal is not going to effect my current visa extension.

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:

I didnt know that it was in 2005 also Solicitor said that it is ok. I know one thing now I am allowed to get extension for my current visa. I spoke to afew solicitors they said this refusal is not going to effect my current visa extension.
Hi Keepwaiting,

Could you please give us some more details of how you get over stayed with some dates if possible, it will help us alot.

Kind Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 pm

I didnt know that it was in 2005 also Solicitor said that it is ok. I know one thing now I am allowed to get extension for my current visa. I spoke to afew solicitors they said this refusal is not going to effect my current visa extension.[/quote]

This refusal will have no impact on your visa extension.

I would advise you to get your SAR from Home office. This will help you determine when exactly you overstayed and when in 2015 you will be eligible for your ILR .

Thanks

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:40 pm

March_LR14 wrote:I didnt know that it was in 2005 also Solicitor said that it is ok. I know one thing now I am allowed to get extension for my current visa. I spoke to afew solicitors they said this refusal is not going to effect my current visa extension.

I would advise you to get your SAR from Home office. This will help you determine when exactly you overstayed and when in 2015 you will be eligible for your ILR .

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks March. This is the best thing refusal will have no impact on my visa extension. I am allowed to apply for extension in 28 days. Hewpefully I will apply next week

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 pm

hi
I am a new user of this forum and have to apply my ILR in few weeks on 10 years basis. I want to ask few questions before submitting the application.

1) I had 3 points on my driving licence but they have been removed 1.5 years ago, do I need to enclosed in the application form in section E in criminal history or civil judgement section?

2) Also do we have to declare any fixed penalty fines in section E civil judgement section which we receive from police as I received £30 fine on turning right on the road where no right turn was allowed and I have paid the fine long time ago?

3) I am submitting those documents:

Set (LR) Application,
Covering letter
All Passports with biometric permit
Life in the UK TEST
Degree taught in the UK

Am I missing any other documents? I will wait for your kind reply.

thanks

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:I didnt know that it was in 2005 also Solicitor said that it is ok. I know one thing now I am allowed to get extension for my current visa. I spoke to afew solicitors they said this refusal is not going to effect my current visa extension.

Hi Keepwaiting! sorry to hear about this. I hope you will get the extention first and eventually the freedom couple of years later. Could you please elaborate more on your overstay so that it can help others on the forum.

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 pm

hi
I am a new user of this forum and have to apply my ILR in few weeks on 10 years basis. I want to ask few questions before submitting the application.

1) I had 3 points on my driving licence but they have been removed 1.5 years ago, do I need to enclosed in the application form in section E in criminal history or civil judgement section?

2) Also do we have to declare any fixed penalty fines in section E civil judgement section which we receive from police as I received £30 fine on turning right on the road where no right turn was allowed and I have paid the fine long time ago?

Set (LR) Application,
Covering letter
Life in the UK TEST
Degree taught in the UK

thanks

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Is there someone who can answer my question. i am posting my question again

Hi to all
I have submitted my application but there is a bit confusion, that in 2008 my visa was revoked by UKBA. my solicitor sent a letter to them explaining circumstances but they refused. UKBA didnt gave me right of appeal. After 3 months another solicitor gave me advised that we should seek the appeal right from court. So we did and got the approvel of hearing. At the end of hearing judge directed the UKBA that my visa should be reinstate. After that i received a letter from UKBA stating that your visa has been reinstated. During the appeal process UKBA served me IS96. That i report in the UKBA office fortnightly.
I just want to ask seniors and experts that is it illegal stay between revoking the visa and the hearing?
and according to my understanding reinstate means "make as it was" or "nothing happened in between". Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:35 pm

msmussaf wrote:Is there someone who can answer my question. i am posting my question again

Hi to all
I have submitted my application but there is a bit confusion, that in 2008 my visa was revoked by UKBA. my solicitor sent a letter to them explaining circumstances but they refused. UKBA didnt gave me right of appeal. After 3 months another solicitor gave me advised that we should seek the appeal right from court. So we did and got the approvel of hearing. At the end of hearing judge directed the UKBA that my visa should be reinstate. After that i received a letter from UKBA stating that your visa has been reinstated. During the appeal process UKBA served me IS96. That i report in the UKBA office fortnightly.
I just want to ask seniors and experts that is it illegal stay between revoking the visa and the hearing?
and according to my understanding reinstate means "make as it was" or "nothing happened in between". Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks
Helloo,

Yes I remember there were quite a lot of cases like u where they revoked Visa. There are few questions? I would strongly suggest you to get your SAR. you will get all the answers as no one know what notes they got on ur immigration file.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
msmussaf wrote:Hi to all
I have submitted my application but there is a bit confusion, that in 2008 my visa was revoked by UKBA. my solicitor sent a letter to them explaining circumstances but they refused. UKBA didnt gave me right of appeal. After 3 months another solicitor gave me advised that we should seek the appeal from court. So we did and got the approvel of hearing. At the end of hearing judge directed the UKBA that my visa should be reinstate. After that i received a letter from UKBA stating that your visa has been reinstated. During the appeal process UKBA served me IS96. That i report in the UKBA office fortnightly.

thanks
Hi Msmussaf,

Can you please share your timeline in below format:

Application sent: 05-03-14
Acknowledgement Received: 10-03-14
Bio Invitation: Waiting
Bio Enrolled: Waiting
Approval Date: Waiting

Thanks
And one more thing again they refused my application in Aug 2011. subsequently i won the appeal bu in the refusal letter they wrote my immigration history and they didnt mention my revoking the visa in 2008. Any idea Now? Kash

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello everyone

I need an advise please. I sent my Set (LR) application yesterday

. I had applied for SAR which i received today. Do i need to send SAR to case worker or not .?

Thanks

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm

hi

Set (LR) Application,
Covering letter
Life in the UK TEST
Degree taught in the UK

thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hello everyone

I need an advise please. I sent my Set (LR) application yesterday

. I had applied for SAR which i received today. Do i need to send SAR to case worker or not .?

Thanks
No, They will have record, SAR would have been helpful to simplify in your covering letter.
Good Luck.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:58 pm

choice22 wrote:hi

No, Only enclose if any unspent convictions. It wont effect if you do enclose.

No, Hope you did not pay the fine in court

Set (LR) Application,
Covering letter
Life in the UK TEST
Degree taught in the UK

No, Good to go with above docs. Simply enough. Just remember Photographs..

thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello ,

Can any one tell me how to apply for SAR report ? and how long it take to get it ?

thanks

Shah

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:27 pm

msmussaf wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:
msmussaf wrote:Hi to all
I have submitted my application but there is a bit confusion, that in 2008 my visa was revoked by UKBA. my solicitor sent a letter to them explaining circumstances but they refused. UKBA didnt gave me right of appeal. After 3 months another solicitor gave me advised that we should seek the appeal from court. So we did and got the approvel of hearing. At the end of hearing judge directed the UKBA that my visa should be reinstate. After that i received a letter from UKBA stating that your visa has been reinstated. During the appeal process UKBA served me IS96. That i report in the UKBA office fortnightly.

thanks
Hi Msmussaf,

Can you please share your timeline in below format:

Application sent: 05-03-14
Acknowledgement Received: 10-03-14
Bio Invitation: Waiting
Bio Enrolled: Waiting
Approval Date: Waiting

Thanks
And one more thing again they refused my application in Aug 2011. subsequently i won the appeal bu in the refusal letter they wrote my immigration history and they didnt mention my revoking the visa in 2008. Any idea Now? Kash
As suggested by Kash you should request SAR from home office. SAR will have youe whole immigration history including case worker notes about your past applications.

Others can only speculate and no one can give you definite answer.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:Hello ,

Can any one tell me how to apply for SAR report ? and how long it take to get it ?

thanks

Shah
Hi,

You can visit below link. Link contains the application form for requesting SAR and the documents you will need to send them along with payment details.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:Hello ,

thanks

Shah
The Subject Access Request
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar
£10 cheque. Approximately 40 days .

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi Everyone

I need to ask a quick and urgent question kindly any body who filled ILR(LR) form can help me with

QUESTION C6 as i have three passport and previous two passport have previous grant of leave and i used all three passport in past 10 years to travel.

do i need to write covering letter as well? as am planning to only send Passport,BRP,2 photographs,Life in UK test and UK degree.

Kind Regards

Nasir