ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost job on tier 2 (general) visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saurabh99
Newly Registered

Post by saurabh99 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello,
I have some questions regarding the tier 2 (general) UK visa.

I am in the UK on the tier 2 (general) visa and my current employer had sponsored this visa for me. My current employer is terminating my employment and my last day with my current employer will be on 25th March, 2014. For how many days more in the UK can I be present without being employed after 25th March, 2014?

Also, if I get another job in the UK, will my new employer have to sponsor a new tier 2 (general) visa for me or can I transfer my current visa to the new company?

For changing over to the new tier 2 (general) visa or transferring the current tier 2 (general) visa, do I have to leave the UK and come back or can I do it within the UK?

How much time will transferring the current tier 2 (general) visa or sponsoring a new tier 2 (general) visa take for the new employer? Will the new employer have to place another advertisement for 28 days for the position they will hire me for and then issue me another certificate of sponsorship?
Thanks and Sincerely,
Saurabh

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Lost job on tier 2 (general) visa

Post by manci » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:15 pm

when your present job terminates your employer has to inform the HO within 10 days. Following that the HO will curtail your visa to 60 days but this will be from the date they make the decision to curtail, not from the termination date. Make sure the HO have your current home address as they will write to you.

If you find a new sponsor they will have to assign a new unrestricted CoS to you which involves doing an RLMT first (unless an exemption applies). Once the CoS is assigned you can apply for leave to remain from within the UK.

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Regarding advertising the job before they can sponsor you, you are right. But often they will already have run a suitable job ad for long enough, so it can be used immediately.

It makes good sense for you to book a PEO appointment for a new Tier 2 in advance, so you can start on the new job quickly. That can help you a great deal.

abchauh
Newly Registered

Post by abchauh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi Saurabh,

Your new employer will have to sponsor CoS as you cannot transfer the previous CoS. I think you have 30 days probably once yourcurrent CoS has been pulled out.
If you need any help with finding a new sponsor, let me know. Maybe I can help.

Regards,
A

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Hello Friends,

Can you please let me know how long I can legally stay in UK if I haven't received the curtailment letter.
I am under Tier 2 Visa General and an Indian National. I lost my job on 14th August however I have not received the curtailment letter yet confirming my last date of stay in UK.

I am trying my best to get a sponsorship job but still not successful. Please let me know if I can stay here until I recieve the curtailment letter

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am

till the time your current visa ends or you get a new expiry date for the curtailed visa.

maggiech
Newly Registered

Post by maggiech » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:36 pm

iworker wrote:till the time your current visa ends or you get a new expiry date for the curtailed visa.
can you leave the UK during this time, like for travel for short time in Europe? Considering successfully come back and entry the UK.

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:41 pm

maggiech wrote:
iworker wrote:till the time your current visa ends or you get a new expiry date for the curtailed visa.
can you leave the UK during this time, like for travel for short time in Europe? Considering successfully come back and entry the UK.

Thanks
There have been instances seen on this forum where people have been refused to re-enter the UK
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

SBatool
Newly Registered

Post by SBatool » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi A,

please can you help me to find a new tier-2 sponsor. I need it urgently.
Can you please contact me on my email address

thanks
S

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 pm

No one can help u find a job except you.
Spamming this website wont help.