ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Issued with Incorrect signature & address details

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

santhub4u
Newly Registered

Passport Issued with Incorrect signature & address details

Post by santhub4u » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for my Passport re-issue on 06/02/2014 and I have received it on 15/03/2014, but it came with mistakes

1. The signature underneath the photograph is someone else’s, it's not mine :shock: ( A big blunder not sure how can they do this??? :?: :?: :?: )
2. Address printed was incorrect (they have printed UK address even after requesting for Old indian address, even the UK address is printed wrong :evil: :evil: )

Can someone please advice how this can be dealt.

My old passport expires on 25/03/2014

1. Do I need to wait for another 5 weeks if I submit for correction?

2. Do I have to use the same form as Re-issue of passport?

3. And also I am on ILR and I can apply for Naturalisation in April 2014 (I more month), therefore can I request for Short term validity visa which can be done as Tatkal? (I understand that Tatkal is only done in emergency cases but in my case the mistake is made by them so is there any chance of getting Tatkal?)

Please respond if someone has gone through this situation. Any information is helpful and much appreciated.

Many Thanks
4dapeople.

ssm4u
India

Re: Passport Issued with Incorrect signature & address detai

Post by ssm4u » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am

1. How did you get the passport? I mean by hand or by post?
One of my friend has such mistake (but in a much smaller scale ) and the passport officer agreed to give him a new passport under tatkal service. He pointed out the mistake while collecting the passport. But that was 1.5 years ago. I think as yours is a serious mistake, they should agree to do it at there cost and as early as possible.

2.For my reference, did you enquire the status of your passport with the passport office before receiving the passport?
And when did they actually print the passport? I've applied a week after you. Really anxious to know when it will be processed?

thanks
ssm4u

santhub4u
Newly Registered

Post by santhub4u » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi,

Just to let you all know with regards to my situation.

I have sent emails to HCI London customer support people regarding my situation and they simply replied back saying that I need to come to office with our Old and New passport. We went to HCI London, they have issued token for Lost & Damage and after waiting for 30min the lady in the counter took my passport (even though we said that my wife's passport has also got the wrong address she didn't care to take it) after a while she came back and asked to wait. when we asked about the address she said that because we have ILR only UK address will be printed and was very reluctant to listen, but she was the person who said that Indian address can be printed when I first submitted my passport for re-issue (They just say whatever they want to without any relevance) anyway after sometime the passport officer called inside and he has got our original applications with him and after verifying the passports he said as it their fault they will re-issue the passports with free of cost but it will again take 6-7 weeks as they need to send it back to India, but we have asked for Tatkal service and issue a short term validity passport as we are on ILR we will be submitting the passports this year, then he said that it can be done here and they will send them by post which will take 6 - 8 days, and with regards to the address he said Indian address can be printed in the short term validity passport (I hope he gets this right this time & also let his colleague know about this as she simply says whatever thats comes to het mind).

I hope they get everything correct this time, fingers crossed. I will post the update once I receive the passports.

Regards
4dapeople

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 pm

considering your naturalisation due in april and passport expiring end of march, passport renewal was not required as such (that however restricts your travel for next couple of months until british passport is obtained)

ilrquest
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquest » Wed May 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar issue. I applied for my passport renewal by post in April. Today, I received my passport back with a signature that does not belong to me.

I sent an email to the HCI informing them about the error. They've requested me to come in person, in the morning on any working day with both the new and old passports. The email states that a duly signed and stamped observation will be placed in the passport whilst I wait.

My ILR is due next year and if all goes to plan, I'll be eligible for a UK passport in 2016. Until then, I wonder if I'll have a hard time explaining my situation to Immigration officials every time I travel.

I plan to go to the High Commission next week, will post my experience here.

Cheers

ilrquest
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquest » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in providing an update. So I went to the HCI in person and submitted both my old and new passports.

I refused to accept an endorsement and requested a new booklet. I was asked to await a phone call to advise when to come and collect the new passport.

It was ready in a week and I now have the new passport with all the correct information.

cheers