ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national claiming Housing Benefit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

EEA national claiming Housing Benefit

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:15 pm

A friend of mine is an Irish national living in the UK. He is working but is only earning about 750GBP/month in Belfast. He has been told by some government office that he will be entitled to about 45GBP per week in Housing Benefit.

Will him accepting this housing benefit affect his partner's EEA2 application or an application for PR in the future?

Cheers!
C

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA national claiming Housing Benefit

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 pm

No it should not, you can claim HB whilst you are working.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 pm

No it should not, you can claim HB whilst you are working.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hbshagor
Newly Registered

Post by hbshagor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello, My wife (EEA [Polish citizen]) works as an apprentice nursery practitioner. She earns £541 per month and she get £684 housing benefit per month since we rent a one bed flat. I am ( Bangladeshi national) not able to work at the moment as my passport is at home office. We applied for EEA1 & EEA2 in November 2013. Is her claiming housing benefit affect our applications? If you need further information please ask me. Thank you.

hbshagor
Newly Registered

Post by hbshagor » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Amber_ wrote:No it should not, you can claim HB whilst you are working.

Hello, My wife (EEA [Polish citizen]) works as an apprentice nursery practitioner. She earns £541 per month and she get £684 housing benefit per month since we rent a one bed flat. I am ( Bangladeshi national) not able to work at the moment as my passport is at home office. We applied for EEA1 & EEA2 in November 2013. Is her claiming housing benefit affect our applications? If you need further information please ask me. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm

No, it should not.