ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Assessment (NARIC)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkk2011
Newly Registered

English Language Assessment (NARIC)

Post by tkk2011 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello,

My scenario is below, could some members please validate my understanding and provide appropriate guidance:

I entered the country on Work Permit in 2007. Later in Sept 2009, I changed my visa category to Tier 1 General (I was the main applicant) - As part of this application, I had submitted my Bachelors and Master Degree Certificate (The Universities, I have these degrees from, are listed in the Points Based Calculator).

Now When I want to apply for Citizenship (Naturalization), Would I still need to provide evidence for English Language Requirements - I gather from the Form AN Guidance that Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment would be required from NARIC. My question is whether this is a mandatory requirement when on previous occasions(Tier 1 Application), I have already got points on English Language by virtue of Universities I graduated from being listed in Points Based Calculator?

My second question was In the event, I require English Language Assessment from NARIC, would they furnish the English Language Assessment on the basis that University is listed on the Points Based Calculator or they will insist on letter from the university, stating the degree was taught in English.

Many Thanks in Advance for Responses.

Best Regards
Tushar Kansara