ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling Europe on Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Traveling Europe on Stamp 4

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi

Just a quick question here, can I travel to European countries like Poland or Spain on Stamp 4? I am aware that since this is not a EU4famStamp so I need to get a Shengen visa and also, an Irish Multiple Entry Visa. But with the Stamp 4 permission, can I still travel or do I need to wait for the five year stamp?

Also, can I apply for the UK EEA Family Permit whilst on this Stamp 4 as we have plans to visit my husbands family in Scotland and then return back to Ireland?

Thank you all

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Traveling Europe on Stamp 4

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Yes to both. You can apply for a Schengen visa and a UK EEA FP if you like.

I don't think it's limited by the fact that you're on Stamp 4 as opposed to EU4FAM.

I think your understanding is correct.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:35 pm

chaoclive wrote:Yes to both. You can apply for a Schengen visa and a UK EEA FP if you like.

I don't think it's limited by the fact that you're on Stamp 4 as opposed to EU4FAM.

I think your understanding is correct.

Hi Chaoclive,

Thanks for the confirmation, I was thinking that is the case.

Just another query, do I need to have two schengen visas for each country or I can use the same to visit both the countries provided I have given this information on the Schengen visa form?

Thankyou

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Sunshine86,

You should apply schengen visa to the first country you are going to first, then you can go to another country with the same visa.
I got my schengen visa from netherlands embassy, then travelled to amsterdam and spain with the same visa.