ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO on 18 March - Final Check - Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

ILR PEO on 18 March - Final Check - Please help

Post by anirban_paul » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on Tier 1 (General) route and my Croydon PEO appointment is on 18 March (Tuesday). I am double checking all my application documents and any suggestion to clear my any final doubts would be much appreciated.

I have not been out more than 180 days in any of the 12 month periods and I do not have any compelling compassionate reason. Also, my days were only for my personal holidays (unpaid) not part of any annual leave as I am a contractor working under umbrella I do not have any paid holiday as such.

I have been out of the UK 16 times and I am providing all dates details with Reason for absence = Holiday trip to XX. And I have added a column as ''Supporting evidence'' and I am providing the flight tickets (if applied) and the Passport stamp pages for those days. I will provide the tickets and the photocopy of the passport pages with it.

I am I doing it correct? Do I have to provide anything else for this category or I am good? Also, Should I leave 6.3 part blank? As I do not have any compelling compassionate reason?

Any confirmation would be very helpful.
Thank you.

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO on 18 March - Final Check - Please help

Post by rknshree26 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:48 pm

i think you can skip this .

this may give u more confidence

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 21601.html

thanks
r

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you.

Do I actually have to give evidence or is this not mandatory as I am not out more than 180 in 12 months?

Regards

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Post by rknshree26 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Tier 1 , you do not have to give any evidences, if you want you can have the holiday absences explained in cover letter or a separate personal letter.
If you search this forum, there have been a lots of successful applications for people , with less than 180 absences who do not provide any evidences at all.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:28 am

Thank you All.

My ILR application was successful today. I would like to share my experience if that helps anyone on this forum.

Today's experience - I heard a lot of things about Croydon office but I was fortunate to have a smooth process for mine. My appointment was at 1.50 pm...I was at the gate at 1.40 and promptly was asked for the security check. Usual airport style check.Went upstairs to the 3rd floor. In a queue of about 5-7 people for registering. Done in 15 minutes and got a reference number. Waiting place is in a cafe area. In about 20 minutes I was called for the document check and fingerprint registration and wait again for about 20 mins. All done in about 1 hour and waiting in cafe area again. In about 30 mins after that I was called upon and decision given - approved! All done smoothly in an hour and a half.

I produced my docs as below:

Tier1 to ILR

1. Age = 20 = passport
2. Education = 35 = MSc in UK = Not provided, as provided before
3. UK Experience = 5 (refer to 4)
4. Earning= 45 = Payslips + bank statement
5. Life in the UK test certificate
6. HMRC letter confirming tax for last 5 years

I also provided 2 extra pages to confirm

7. Dates outside UK
8. Summary of Pay dates,Gross Pay, Net pay

I provided nothing else as discussed in this forum but as a backup I had the following docs with me for just in case.

1. All tickets copy and visa pages for out of the UK
2. All degree, transcript etc from my UK education

Hope this is helpful for everyone and please let me know if I can help anyone else.

Thank you

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:54 am

Congratulations and thank you for sharing anirban_paul !

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Congratulations!!!

I'm really impressed with your application by providing only required documents.

But can I ask why have you provided 5 years tax records is this a compulsory requirement for ILR application?

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Congratulations.

Did you provide anything as a proof for 'Maintainence Fund' ?
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Please see the FAQ link in this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79378.html

Q14 - Do I require P60s for all 5 years?
It is advisable to have P60s as that is the easiest way to provide evidence of your economic activity (HSMP/Tier 1G) or that your employment was in line with WP/CoS issued (WP/Tier 2). If you do not have P60s, then you can call HMRC and they can send you a letter showing your tax history and income for last 5 years. Usually the HMRC letter arrives within 2 weeks.
Alternatively, one may use payslips covering the period for which P60(s) is missing.
Do note that some caseworkers ask for P60s for all the five years and some don't. No one can tell you whether or not your caseworker will ask for them (and how many), so the best suggestion is - be prepared for the worst and hope for the best!

It is also in HMRC webiste - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

It is easy to get and I used this link to call and request one, they sent iin in 5 working days - http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/con ... pkspulskxM

No, I did not provide anything specific to maintenance as there was no requirement for that. Although my bank statement balance was steady - but I did not make a point of it.

Hope this helps.

Anir