ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M/FLR M Experience at Glasgow PEO 14 March 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kunal parikh

SET M/FLR M Experience at Glasgow PEO 14 March 2014

Post by kunal parikh » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi

I would like to share my experience about applying FLR M and SET M together at Glasgow PEO:

Unfortunately they only grant us FLR M as we booked FLR M appointment. My wife qualify as per old rule 09 july 2012.

The caseworker said you qualify for applying set m directly why did I apply for FLR M as per sec 287.
I asked them if we can change it but he said here in glasgow they dont have cash office so they cannt change anything. This rule is really confusing. I did not want to take risk and hence I apply for FLR M for my wife and also took SET M form. If I take SET M appointment and they reject me saying you need to apply for FLR. its completely on case worker's discretion.

I think its worth taking risk as some people on this forum also got direct SET M. Its been granted in bigger PEO such as croydon. Its purely on luck but worth taking risk to save some money. There is no clear guideline on this. There are lot of updates and discussion but no specific procedure around this from UKBA.

WE will apply again before 06 April as the rules are changing and they are withdrawing 2 year's criteria for all
PBS dependant.

Thanks
Kunal

talkhome
United Kingdom

Re: SET M/FLR M Experience at Glasgow PEO 14 March 2014

Post by talkhome » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 pm

kunal parikh wrote:Hi

I would like to share my experience about applying FLR M and SET M together at Glasgow PEO:

Unfortunately they only grant us FLR M as we booked FLR M appointment. My wife qualify as per old rule 09 july 2012.

The caseworker said you qualify for applying set m directly why did I apply for FLR M as per sec 287.
I asked them if we can change it but he said here in glasgow they dont have cash office so they cannt change anything. This rule is really confusing. I did not want to take risk and hence I apply for FLR M for my wife and also took SET M form. If I take SET M appointment and they reject me saying you need to apply for FLR. its completely on case worker's discretion.

I think its worth taking risk as some people on this forum also got direct SET M. Its been granted in bigger PEO such as croydon. Its purely on luck but worth taking risk to save some money. There is no clear guideline on this. There are lot of updates and discussion but no specific procedure around this from UKBA.

WE will apply again before 06 April as the rules are changing and they are withdrawing 2 year's criteria for all
PBS dependant.

Thanks
Kunal

Thanks for sharing your experience. It will certainly help people who are in your situation.

I have a question regarding Dependent's who joined prior to 09/07/2012 :

What is the period they have set up for dependants of PBS migrant to gain settlement?

As you have stated in your original post that they are changing to 5 year period then what is the point of having this transitional arrangements ?

I am seriously confuse

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:50 am

yes

i completely agree and thats why I got confused too.

There is no clear guideline from UKBA about this. they make money without clear guideline. its money making business..

Please refer to below link where people are discussing this as well

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 60103.html

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Hello kunal If i book set M appointment and the case worker did not agree that set M is the right form. There is a possibility that Case worker will not allow to convert it to FLR (M) and refuse it and will lose fee and have to apply again.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:53 pm

yes, tht was my worry as well...thats why i did not apply direct SET M..i also took both forms so that if they allow me to do it...but glasgow they dont have cash paying facility ..it may be possible if we go to croydon or bigger PEO where more facility are available...its 50-50%..so all on luck as well....nowadays we dont even have to go to caseworker..but i asked i want to inquiry once they grant me FLR M...then they send the case worker and i enquired...

which PEO you are going??

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Croydon is closer to me but ppl suggesting they stopped taking set (M) before flr (M) approved. Other one closer is Sheffield but i havent decided yet.

By cash office you mean they dont take cards there and only accept cash in hand. So if thats the case than its better to take cash as well.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm

no..they dont have any facility to take any fees..either by card or cash..now all the people have to pay online while booking appointment...hence they could not do anything..i think sheifield is also good..croydon is also good...try your luck...but keep both forms with you...

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm

I just want to know do i have to take any print out of the rule 287 ?? if i have to take it then can you please pin point me the rule. I also want to know at what time i have to request for set M processing i mean when i am submitting my documents or else...?? as i have never been to same day service before i am a bit nervous.

My wife came to UK on 19th jan 2012. So old rules are applicable.

Plus supporting documents of SET (M) and FLR (M) are exactly same???

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:32 pm

yeh you can carry print of sec 287...or immigration 8 document for this...

the documents are the exact same for both..what date you are going?

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 am

kunal parikh wrote:yeh you can carry print of sec 287...or immigration 8 document for this...

Hi kunal,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm also on your boat. Could you please let me know Which category you have received ILR? and when did your wife joined with you?
Surya

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm

kunal parikh wrote:yeh you can carry print of sec 287...or immigration 8 document for this...

I will be applying in the end of this week or start of the next week.

As i will be applying on FLR (M) form and taking Set (M) form with me. I have paid for FLR (M) and will be taking print out proof with me. I want to know do i have to fill the payment page of set (M) or leave it blank so if need they will take the remaining difference from me ???

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm

There are some documents like my travel itinerary, or Overseas card or refusal letter etc etc which i want to keep hold of and only provide it to the case worker if she/he ask for it at the same day service. is it possible or is it not allowed to keep hold of documents and hand it all at the counter??

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:44 pm

its matter of luck.if you have paid for FLR and taking SET m...i have tried that..\

I got my PR on basis of long stay and my wife joined me in OCT 2010.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:06 pm

kunal parikh wrote:its matter of luck.if you have paid for FLR and taking SET m...i have tried that..\

I got my PR on basis of long stay and my wife joined me in OCT 2010.
I will be applying in the end of this week or start of the next week.

As i will be applying on FLR (M) form and taking Set (M) form with me. I have paid for FLR (M) and will be taking print out proof with me. I want to know do i have to fill the payment page of set (M) or leave it blank so if need they will take the remaining difference from me ???