ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier1 to tier 4

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nbhatt

Switching from tier1 to tier 4

Post by nbhatt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 pm

hello
I have applied for tier1 after my psw and I am still awaiting a decision. I have a gut feeling that my application will be refused however my query is can I change from tier1 to tier4 visa whilst am still awaiting the final decision on tier1?

I have Masters degree from Cumbria university , in this case do I still need to provide IELTS scores?

kindly advise.
thanks
N

almagirl
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from tier1 to tier 4

Post by almagirl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:53 am

Be positive. your visa will not be refused. changing categories while the visa is under consideration is in my opinion just a sign that you do not qualify for any of the routes but just trying your luck

searoze

Post by searoze » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 am

my query is can I change from tier1 to tier4 visa whilst am still awaiting the final decision on tier1?
Yes you can vary your application at any time before they make a decision on your previous application

See page 36 of THIS document.
I have Masters degree from Cumbria university , in this case do I still need to provide IELTS scores?
If you have a master degree then you dont need IELTS test.
See policy guidance for students
However, there is other criteria that a student must meet in order to qualify for tier 4 student
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

Khanzzz
Newly Registered

Post by Khanzzz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:18 am

I'm also waiting from last 18 months, whenever I call, HO asked me to wait more as your application is in process, now I'm also thinking to vary my application to tier 4. HO sent me letter stated that they wil give me decision till 31 march, but I know there is no sign of decision even till 31 march, tho I want to wait till 31 march and on 1st April i may send.i meet atleast 7,8 solicitors all said you can vary your application except 1 solictor....:)