ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bb2012

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by bb2012 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:32 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:Dear Board members after six months ı have received a refusal letter ( over stayed more than 28 days in 2005). I am not going to appeal . I am allowed to get extension for my current visa which is ecaa 1 worker visa for turkih citizens in 28 days. plaese be careful for choosing a solicitor. My solicitor said that it is very straight forward case but ı understand now it wasn,t. ı waste very stresfull six months and money. Fortunately ı am allowed to apply for visa extension.
Hi Keepwaiting,

Could you please share notes on your refusal letter, what reason they have given on your refusal letter.

Thank you.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 pm

You don't need any covering letter if your case is straight forward also u have to fill your first passport number which you use to came in uk in c6

NasirNNN wrote:Hi Everyone

I need to ask a quick and urgent question kindly any body who filled ILR(LR) form can help me with

QUESTION C6 as i have three passport and previous two passport have previous grant of leave and i used all three passport in past 10 years to travel.

do i need to write covering letter as well? as am planning to only send Passport,BRP,2 photographs,Life in UK test and UK degree.

Kind Regards

Nasir
ss

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Hi Everyone

I need to ask a quick and urgent question kindly any body who filled ILR(LR) form can help me with

QUESTION C6 as i have three passport and previous two passport have previous grant of leave and i used all three passport in past 10 years to travel.

do i need to write covering letter as well? as am planning to only send Passport,BRP,2 photographs,Life in UK test and UK degree.

Best practice is to include covering letter with simple explanation, But its not Madatory .

Kind Regards

Nasir

rosevilla
Newly Registered

Post by rosevilla » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 am

I got refusal on my 10 years long resident visa application due to 170 days gap,but technically it was not gap.
please can you send me details, how do i go for HM courts & tribunal service,

if you have any solicitor dealing with this kind of issues please send me ,

what was happen in 2007 ,on 2007 my visa was expiring 30/10/2007 and I was applied by post on 15/10/2007 ,that was on time application.
Home office has sent me refusal letter 21/02/2008 , and I have re applied again as fresh application on 14/03/2008 that was within 28 days and Home office granted visa ,

but when I applied 10 years long residency , HO mention I have 170 days gap that was including the date applied in 2007 and second decision on 23/04/2008. they calculated time when the application with HO , That is really unfair .
Please can you help with same experience or expertise

really appreciate your reply

rosevilla
Newly Registered

Post by rosevilla » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 am

after refusing 10 years long residency without appeal right,
please let me know what I can do to request appeal or court hearing?

the gap was counted the time application with home office
please can you advise me what to do?

any good solicitor can I hire to explain the situation to Home Office?

Seniors Please send me some details

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 am

rosevilla wrote:I got refusal on my 10 years long resident visa application due to 170 days gap,but technically it was not gap.

what was happen in 2007 ,on 2007 my visa was expiring 30/10/2007 and I was applied by post on 15/10/2007 ,that was on time application.
Home office has sent me refusal letter 21/02/2008 , and I have re applied again as fresh application on 14/03/2008 that was within 28 days and Home office granted visa ,

but when I applied 10 years long residency , HO mention I have 170 days gap that was including the date applied in 2007 and second decision on 23/04/2008. they calculated time when the application with HO , That is really unfair .

Dear Rosevilla !

Sorry to hear that ur application is refused ..

Could you please tell us what was the reason of refusal of application ..

On your refusal did home office told you that u can apply fresh ? Did they allow u 28 days in the letter for fresh application ?

I will suggest u go to the barrister not to solicitor but you can take advice from solicitor as well .. After looking into the matter barrister will really tell you the chances ... I have no idea about any good solicitor or barrister. , other members in this forum can help you to find a good solicitor .. Although my experience with solicitor are not good ..

Best of luck !!

Hopefully you will win the appeal .. Make sure you do appeal on right time ...

Thanks

Shah

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 am

Hi rosevilla,

When HO sent you refusal letter on 21/02/2008, have they given you right of appeal with the refusal?
If yes then have you appealed the decision on 14/03/2008 or have you sent a fresh application on 14/03/2008?

Kind Regards

rosevilla wrote:I got refusal on my 10 years long resident visa application due to 170 days gap,but technically it was not gap.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:03 pm

the refusal is totally incorrect because your first application was protected by section 3C until the refusal decision because you made a valid in time application, but you made fresh an out of time application which was within the 28 days according to the guideline published in 2013. Maybe the caseworker is following the old guideline which was prior to 2013 which allows a single gap (out of time application) of 10 days but you have of nearly 20 days.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

rosevilla
Newly Registered

Post by rosevilla » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you for your reply
And submitting refusal letter on 21 February 2008
(I write with the reference to your request for a reconsideration against our decision to refuse further leave to remain in the in the United Kingdom as a student.
I have looked at the representations provided with the regards to your ability to meet the costs of your course and accommodation and the maintenance of your self and your dependant without taking employment ,engaging in business or having recourse to public funds .

However, further evidence provided at this stage can not be taken in to consideration as this continue a fresh application and not a reconsideration. To make a new application you are required to complete the appropriate application form and pay the relevant fees.

Based on the information provided at the time of application I am satisfied that the correct decision has been recorded in accordance with immigration rules and the original decision is maintained.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you have no valid leave to remain in the uk and must therefore make arrangement to leave as soon as possible."

Please send me advise highly appreciate

Thanks

rosevilla
Newly Registered

Post by rosevilla » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank you for your reply
And submitting refusal letter on 21 February 2008
(I write with the reference to your request for a reconsideration against our decision to refuse further leave to remain in the in the United Kingdom as a student.
I have looked at the representations provided with the regards to your ability to meet the costs of your course and accommodation and the maintenance of your self and your dependant without taking employment ,engaging in business or having recourse to public funds .

However, further evidence provided at this stage can not be taken in to consideration as this continue a fresh application and not a reconsideration. To make a new application you are required to complete the appropriate application form and pay the relevant fees.

Based on the information provided at the time of application I am satisfied that the correct decision has been recorded in accordance with immigration rules and the original decision is maintained.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you have no valid leave to remain in the uk and must therefore make arrangement to leave as soon as possible."

Please send me advise highly appreciate

Thanks

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Question D8: out of time application, yes / no

Post by fiazpk » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Dear Friends,

My question is in regards to question D8 in set(lr) application,

D8. Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?
Reason(s) why and the dates of the overstay:

I only once made an application out of time by three days in 2005, and it also shows three days out of time application in my SAR file,

Do I have to answer yes to above question and provide justification to why there was an out of time application or no as there is a discretion/exception give for 28 days out of time applications,

regards,
Fiaz

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 am

Assalamoalikum
New week new hopes for all those who are waiting. Insha Allah we will get good news.
Raaz

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

raaz0800 wrote:Assalamoalikum
New week new hopes for all those who are waiting. Insha Allah we will get good news.
Raaz

Yes Raaz New week and new hopes. I am hoping we start seeing DEC applicants getting good news. Lets what happens its getting slow from last 2 weeks.
Kash
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

bb2012

Re: Question D8: out of time application, yes / no

Post by bb2012 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 am

Hi fiazpk,

Could you please the details, what was your visa expiry date?, what is the application raised date in SAR report? and what does it say in minutes? does it says 3 days out of time application?

Kind Regards
fiazpk wrote:Dear Friends,

My question is in regards to question D8 in set(lr) application,

D8. Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?
Reason(s) why and the dates of the overstay:

I only once made an application out of time by three days in 2005, and it also shows three days out of time application in my SAR file,

Do I have to answer yes to above question and provide justification to why there was an out of time application or no as there is a discretion/exception give for 28 days out of time applications,

regards,
Fiaz

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:10 am

does anyone what what could be the worst for OUT OF TIME ILR application.

basically looking at the

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

page 12, it says if the appeal and withdrawn and new application been sent at the same time the application is treated as out of time, even if that has been done on the same day. (exactly what I have done in my ILR application)

in case if my ILR get refused - will I not get appeal rights (because my application was out of time) pelase shed some lights?

thx.

Hiall
Newly Registered

Post by Hiall » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:37 am

Dear All
I rang the home office today at 0151-6725-626 opt 1 and then opt 2.
I have been told that my application has been passed over to a case worker for consideration but they can't confirm the date when it was assigned to the case worker.

Can someone confirm how long it can take from here.
My Timeline was as follows

Application sent: 06/01/2014
Acknowledgment issued: 08/01/2014
Biometric request issued: 16/01/2014
Biometric completed: 20/01/2014

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Hiall wrote:Dear All
I have been told that my application has been passed over to a case worker for consideration but they can't confirm the date when it was assigned to the case worker.

Hi

You may check the data of timeline of people here have shared at https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Good luck.

InfoR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by InfoR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 pm

I called just now and was told the same thing, "Its with the case worker". I applied on the 19th of December but enrolled my biometrics same day as you. I felt like it was a generic answer. :roll:
Come on Decembrites lets start sharing the good news. :lol:

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 pm

InfoR wrote:

I called just now and was told the same thing, "Its with the case worker". I applied on the 19th of December but enrolled my biometrics same day as you. I felt like it was a generic answer. :roll:
Amazing!!! how ppl who applied in january are gettign this reply from the call centre! lol I applied on 3rd DEcember 2013 and they say its in progress with no further clue to what that means. Secondly i neevr call this number you are giving?? where did u guys get it from? I call 03001232241 which is their new number for england.

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 pm

I have also tried the 0151 number today and option 2 goes to another 2 option (that lead to no one answering).
I think maybe they disabled the option 2 forcing people to call 0300 number.

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Guys

I am new to this sectioon of the forum and have read people mentioning about SAR report. Can someone please give some details of what it is, whats its used for and where to get it from.

Also another question, if I completed degree in UK does this need to be confirmed with UK NARIC that it is ok for the english language requirement. I saw this note on the website which states.

"Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

I will really appreciate if someone can confirm

Many thanks in advance
KA

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 pm

KA941 wrote:Hi Guys

I am new to this sectioon of the forum and have read people mentioning about SAR report. Can someone please give some details of what it is, whats its used for and where to get it from.

SAR is Immigration report from DAY 1 in UK, Includes application details, Landing cards, Gaps etc.
You can visit below link. Link contains the application form for requesting SAR and the documents you will need to send them along with payment details.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Also another question, if I completed degree in UK does this need to be confirmed with UK NARIC that it is ok for the english language requirement. I saw this note on the website which states.

"Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Above statement for Non- UK degrees, If you have UK (Bachlors,MS,Phd) NARIC confirmation not required. If you have below bachelors level, you might need NARIC confirmation.

I will really appreciate if someone can confirm

Many thanks in advance
KA

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:05 pm

maria20110 wrote:
InfoR wrote:

Amazing!!! how ppl who applied in january are gettign this reply from the call centre! lol I applied on 3rd DEcember 2013 and they say its in progress with no further clue to what that means. Secondly i neevr call this number you are giving?? where did u guys get it from? I call 03001232241 which is their new number for england.
Dec & Jan guys hold on tight and hope for the best.
I just called them again and they said that decision has not been made on my application yet.
I applied on 26th Nov 2013.
So lets see how long they take to do November applications.
By the look of it I don't think they will start Dec applications in this week. :(

But yeah ......Lets hope for the best. :)

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Well TBH I m not expecting answer before Easter. I dont see them starting JAN applications before Easter break but u never know with HO so keep tight guys.....I think it is as busy as it was in SEP and OCT but for some reason it does not reflect at SKYDIRIVE.
Last edited by KashRIz on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Post by tmoodi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi Kashriz;
U r right I m waiting from 25th sep 2013 but still nothing :?
When I give a call to HO same ans under consideration.
Prayer for me.
Moodi