ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Very Urgent Need Advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_pundir
Newly Registered

Very Very Urgent Need Advice

Post by s_pundir » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi, Am on Tier 2 sponsor visa since May 2010 and got renewed my Sponsorship certificate in April 2013 and was granted visa till may 2016. But recently on 14th of Feb 2014 got letter from Home office stating that my visa has been curtailed because my employer sponsorship licence expired on 27th August 2013. Spoken to employer, he said he didnt realised that he has to renew his licence thinking that he had already renewed my certificate in April 2013. Now the problem is home office has given me time till 13th April 2014 to stay in UK. What I am supposed to do. Though the employer has applied again for sponsorship licence yesterday on 20th Feb 2014 but am not sure whether he will get that licence on time or not as I am running short of time. Is there any way or suggestion to help me out pls pls pls do reply with suggestion if anyone has got.

Apam

Re: Very Very Urgent Need Advice

Post by Apam » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Very sorry to hear this!
Don't panic
1. let's hope your sponsors licence will be restored if they have applied to renew it!
2. you could look for a new sponsor for the mean time, as a just in case option, you may be pleasantly surprised to have a new COS from a new sponsor before ukba curtails your leave.
3. switch into tier 4 in country if you can, just to continue being legal in the country.
good luck and keep all informed of your progress.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:17 pm

read section 22 of the T2 sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your employers have been reminded several times to renew their sponsor licence (this is assuming that UKBA have their correct email address!). Your leave has been curtailed to 60 days because they haven't.

Tell them that irrespective of what CoSs they have assigned, without a licence they cannot sponsor/employ migrants. Also suggest that they make their excuses to UKBA in the hope that they will not be penalised for letting you work illegally.

It is interesting that UKBA only became aware of the situation 6 months after the licence expired!

If the documentation for the new licence application was in order, and UKBA overlook your employer's oversight in failing to renew their licence last August, there is a good chance that the new licence will come through in time.

s_pundir
Newly Registered

Post by s_pundir » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 am

manci wrote:read section 22 of the T2 sponsor guidance:
No My employer was reminded by UKBA about licence getting expired but he thought as he had already issued me sponsorship certificate in April 2013, he didnt needed to renew his licence reason being he didn't anymore certifcates for new candidates and was not going to sponsor any new ones without realising that he need to keep hi sponsor licence till my certificate is valid. So thats the reason am getting worried whether he able to get the new licence or not.

Your employers have been reminded several times to renew their sponsor licence (this is assuming that UKBA have their correct email address!). Your leave has been curtailed to 60 days because they haven't.

Tell them that irrespective of what CoSs they have assigned, without a licence they cannot sponsor/employ migrants. Also suggest that they make their excuses to UKBA in the hope that they will not be penalised for letting you work illegally.

It is interesting that UKBA only became aware of the situation 6 months after the licence expired!

If the documentation for the new licence application was in order, and UKBA overlook your employer's oversight in failing to renew their licence last August, there is a good chance that the new licence will come through in time.

s_pundir
Newly Registered

Post by s_pundir » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:12 am

[quote="s_pundir"][quote="manci"]read section 22 of the T2 sponsor guidance:
Thanks for your advice which is really helpful. Am just keeping my finger crossed that everything will go fine and in the mean I had got another sponsor also just to be safe and has explained all the situation to the new employer who is ready to help me out if anything goes worst in my favour.
Also one more advice I need in regarding to this itself. I am married and got daughter also. Their names are also on my passport but the divorce case is pending in Indian court and had gone through 1st motion also. The second motion is due in July 2014 and divorce will be finalised in July 2014.
Am leaving here with living in partner since 2007 and had got a baby who is 14 months old. Wont I be able to switch on her visa as dependent or living partner visa as she has got permanent settlement. Please do advice on this whats the best option for me.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:03 am

after your divorce you could apply as the partner of a settled person provided you meet the requirements:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

s_pundir
Newly Registered

Post by s_pundir » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi My employer and contacted sponsor management regarding my case and they asked for my passport copy and visa copy and they said in worst scenario it should take 2 weeks else it should take one week to receive the reply. And they said after that I need to send an application for amendment and after that this 60 days period would be valid anymore. Is that true and what does that mean. Am really getting stressed as the time is getting closure and didnt had any reply yet. This is the second week now.

tallat
Newly Registered

Post by tallat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi, I have just received the same letter from the UK home office telling me that I have until 17 May to stay in the country.
My sponsorship visa is valid until August 2015.

My company filled in the forms to renew the licence but apparently it was not paid by the visa agent who works for our company. I do not know what to do? Can the company apply for a new license to sponsor? and does anyone know how long this usually takes? WOuld I then need to apply for another Tier 2 visa if everything came through.

Very stressed, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.