ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oh no! No another Tax Credits Question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Oh no! No another Tax Credits Question

Post by bobbyash » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi Everyone

Yes I know this topic has been discussed hundreds of times but I cant find the answer to my specific question anywhere.

My wife sent her ILR application in December and we are still waiting.

The question on the form:

Are you receiving public funds? We ticked No as at the time of filling in the application we wasn't in receipt of any public funds.

We did however have some tax credits payments which I claimed for as a couple. We had payments which stopped in April 2012. Then the idiots started paying us again in Oct 2012 (which we wasn't entitled to and has caused an overpayment which I am challenging)

The last payment was April 2013 so when we answered No to the "are you receiving public funds" it was the truth and the correct thing to do?

The question didn't say"have you received public funds so we did the right thing?

Sorry but my anxiety fills me with negativity.