ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment on 18 Mar 2014- SET (O) + dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

ILR Appointment on 18 Mar 2014- SET (O) + dependent

Post by Ashwin G » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 am

Hi,
I am applying for ILR for myself and 1 dependent (Daughter 1 YO, born in UK and having Indian passport), I am planning to go with the documents listed below, would appreciate if you may highlight anything I might have missed

Category Tier 1 General (and I was on WP earlier)

a) Passport (self and daughter)
b) Photo (self and daughter) 2 copies ( is it required?)
c) BPR (self)
d) BIrth certificate (daughter)
e) bank statements 12 months
f) pay slips 12 months (attested)
g) Education - degree certificate
h) Life in the UK letter
i) Knowledge of language - degree certificate which is on Naric
j) ILR fee payment confirmation
k) ILR appointment confirmation
l) My initial work permit
m) My initial company invitation letter for work permit (if I find it)

SOME OTHER POINTS
1) For the proof of annual paid leaves - I am not getting any letter from employer as it could be seen on bank statement and payslips that I was getting paid when not in UK (anyways my absence in any year will be less than 50)

2) For requirement (11 J) which states -"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules". - I am only providing initial WP and initial invitation letter for WP

3) details of when the finger prints were taken - I applied for my first WP in India around 2008, does anyone know if they were taking finger prints in 2008 - I think they were.

Many thanks in advance for your help
A

arindam02

Re: ILR Appointment on 18 Mar 2014- SET (O) + dependent

Post by arindam02 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Ashwin

I reckon, you also need employment history i.e. P60/P45/letter from HMRC/letter from your employer for last five years and also docs for Relationship and Cohabitation i.e. Marriage Certificate, letters on the name of wife from 4/5 different sources on home address. You can also consider to keep the Tenancy Agreement as a back up, if it's applicable to you.

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks Arindam,
Do I really need any document for my wife -she is on Tier 1 and not completed 5 years, so its just me and my daughter who are applying.

as for letter from employer - It would be difficult to get letter from my previous employer but can possibly get letter from current employer covering last 3 years.

EXPERTS - Any thoughts?

-A

arindam02

Post by arindam02 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:49 pm

If your wife is not applying, dont need any doc for her.
You need to provide employment history for last 5 years, If you dont get any letter from employer, can approach HMRC to send you last 5 years history or you can provide P45 from previous employer so as to cover the first two years of your employment.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Ashwin G wrote:Hi,
I am applying for ILR for myself and 1 dependent (Daughter 1 YO, born in UK and having Indian passport), I am planning to go with the documents listed below, would appreciate if you may highlight anything I might have missed

c) BPR (self)
h) Life in the UK letter

SOME OTHER POINTS
1) For the proof of annual paid leaves - I am not getting any letter from employer as it could be seen on bank statement and payslips that I was getting paid when not in UK (anyways my absence in any year will be less than 50)

2) For requirement (11 J) which states -"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules". - I am only providing initial WP and initial invitation letter for WP

3) details of when the finger prints were taken - I applied for my first WP in India around 2008, does anyone know if they were taking finger prints in 2008 - I think they were.

A
Please also make sure both yourself and your wife are present during this appointment since you are applying for your child's dependant visa. Check this out http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 59807.html

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks vignezh,
Good point - wasn't very obvious from UKBA website.

Regarding the Annual paid leaves - do you think its important to provide evidence that my leaves were paid leaves, as long as my absence is less than 180 days in any calendar year.

and a minor one - do I need to take any photographs of myself or 1YO daughter or they will take photographs themselves

Thanks,
Ashwin

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Ashwin,

Even I have got my ILR appointment at PEO Croydon tomorrow at 8 AM

All the best

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Ashwin G wrote:Thanks vignezh,
Good point - wasn't very obvious from UKBA website.

Regarding the Annual paid leaves - do you think its important to provide evidence that my leaves were paid leaves, as long as my absence is less than 180 days in any calendar year.

and a minor one - do I need to take any photographs of myself or 1YO daughter or they will take photographs themselves

Thanks,
Ashwin
Hi Ashwin,

You'll need to provide two photographs / person along with your form.

Thanks.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 pm

You don't need employment history as this is not a mandatory document.. However you need to show that you are financially
Active in last 3 months from date of application.. You can show bank statements for the same..

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks All for your inputs, hope all goes well tomorrow.

Good luck to you too Imran! Hope see you tom.

Regds,
Ashwin

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:53 pm

c) BPR (self)
h) Life in the UK letter

SOME OTHER POINTS

A
Hi Ashwin,

Just small information for you regarding your daughter. You said your baby has born in UK and did she travel outside uk after born here? If not why are you applying your baby now and I think you are wasting money. As per my knowledge once you get ILR then you can apply directly Naturalization(MN1 form) instead of to apply ILR.
Surya

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:15 am

suryavaddi wrote:

c) BPR (self)
h) Life in the UK letter

SOME OTHER POINTS

A
Hi Ashwin,

Just small information for you regarding your daughter. You said your baby has born in UK and did she travel outside uk after born here? If not why are you applying your baby now and I think you are wasting money. As per my knowledge once you get ILR then you can apply directly Naturalization(MN1 form) instead of to apply ILR.

Thanks Surya,
You are right - we are wasting bit (actually significant) money, only reason being that there is still small chance that we may want to go back and settle in India and in which case I would like my daughter to be an Indian citizen to avoid NRI fees and any similar expenses - Higher education etc. Or may be more than that just want to take our time to decide what we want.
However if we get her a UK citizenship then until she turns 18 and then decides for herself, she can not surrender her UK citizenship - so basically we are just buying ourselves some more time to decide.

-Ashwin

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:55 am

Ashwin G wrote:
suryavaddi wrote:

c) BPR (self)
h) Life in the UK letter

SOME OTHER POINTS

A
Hi Ashwin,

Thanks Surya,
You are right - we are wasting bit (actually significant) money, only reason being that there is still small chance that we may want to go back and settle in India and in which case I would like my daughter to be an Indian citizen to avoid NRI fees and any similar expenses - Higher education etc. Or may be more than that just want to take our time to decide what we want.
However if we get her a UK citizenship then until she turns 18 and then decides for herself, she can not surrender her UK citizenship - so basically we are just buying ourselves some more time to decide.

-Ashwin
Ok Ashwin. What a quick response without sleeping yet? Are you from Hyderabad?
Anyway best of luck and will talk tomorrow.
Surya