ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test Certificate - Fake HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuby

English Test Certificate - Fake HELP

Post by shuby » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm a UK citizen and my wife came from Pakistan on the 13 October 2012 under the spouse visa.

A few days ago I got a letter saying that they have reason to believe the centre where she took her test had been falsely helping people to pass by getting someone else to sit the tests, rather than the applicants. There was a panorama programme on tv regarding this situation (not specifically about this test centre my wife used)

They also said she should make preparation to leave or else they will send her back themselves. They gave the option to appeal which of course I'm going to do. But what I wanted to know is can they do that? they haven't said she was part of it but just that the centre could have been involved. I am very upset as it means more expenses which I don't have and I also have a 6 month old beautiful baby girl, which makes the possibility of my wife returning back even more unbearable.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: English Test Certificate - bad quality HELP

Post by MPH80 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Can they? Yes.

Options:
1) Appeal - prove your wife got her test correctly - await outcome and hope
2) Take another test - reapply
3) Apply under article 8 - see what happens
4) Leave.

theprideofpak

Re: English Test Certificate - bad quality HELP

Post by theprideofpak » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 am

i would recommend for your wife to do another test ASAP. attach the test report with a covering letter giving home office reference and that should do the trick. they havent revoke her visa or have they?