ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KashRIz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 pm

tmoodi wrote:Hi Kashriz;
U r right I m waiting from 25th sep 2013 but still nothing :?
When I give a call to HO same ans under consideration.
Prayer for me.
Moodi
Hi
I understand its a long wait. Just wanted to know if ur case is straight forward or is there an thing u r concerned about. I lost my passport back in 2006. I have attached a letter from GP saying I was register with him at that time. I informed HO and I had 5 visa application approved after that but I m still concerned that they may take long time to do their checks.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Post by tmoodi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 pm

KashRIz wrote:
tmoodi wrote:Hi Kashriz;
U r right I m waiting from 25th sep 2013 but still nothing :?
When I give a call to HO same ans under consideration.
Prayer for me.
Moodi
Hi
I understand its a long wait. Just wanted to know if ur case is straight forward or is there an thing u r concerned about. I lost my passport back in 2006. I have attached a letter from GP saying I was register with him at that time. I informed HO and I had 5 visa application approved after that but I m still concerned that they may take long time to do their checks.
Hi bro
My case is straight no delay, no gap only 4 visit total 145 days out of the country.
But I don't no after finger prints I didn't received any thing still waiting. Every new day start with full of stress..

khani

Post by khani » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:does anyone what what could be the worst for OUT OF TIME ILR application.

basically looking at the

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

page 12, it says if the appeal and withdrawn and new application been sent at the same time the application is treated as out of time, even if that has been done on the same day. (exactly what I have done in my ILR application)

in case if my ILR get refused - will I not get appeal rights (because my application was out of time) pelase shed some lights?

thx.
Once appeal is withdrawn leave under 3D expires and applicant becomes overstay, but we can send ILR application after within 28 days of overstay, you should be fine in your ILR application.

riz9997
Newly Registered

urget help!!dependent tier 1 leave still valid or not

Post by riz9997 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 pm

hello everyone,
I got my ILR under the 10 years rule in Feb 2014. my wife who is on tier 1 dependent visa which is valid till 2016. i am waiting fr her life in UK test and English language. i got a confusion, since my visa status change from tier 1 general t ilr does that mean her dependent visa is not valid and she become illegal or is it still valid. please help and advice. i was waiting for her life in uk and english language and that's why didn't apply straight away . I will appreciate advice

Iphris
Newly Registered

Post by Iphris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi everybody. I submitted my application in Feb and stumbled across this forum. All the chat about absences and dates of passport stamps is making me nervous about accuracy of the dates I quoted on the application form. I filled them all out from memory and using detective work (e.g. bank statements details such as cash withdrawal at airport etc). I am now concerned about discrepancy between the data held by HO/from e-border. When I did my SAR in 2012 I was given no information about entry and exit dates except from my first landing card.

Now I am toying with the idea of submitting another SAR to ask specifically for data on my entry and exit dates including e-border data. Do you think this is advisable? Will this jeopardise my application?

I am grateful for all advice. :D

Iphris
Newly Registered

Re: urget help!!dependent tier 1 leave still valid or not

Post by Iphris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 pm

riz9997 wrote:hello everyone,
I got my ILR under the 10 years rule in Feb 2014. my wife who is on tier 1 dependent visa which is valid till 2016. i am waiting fr her life in UK test and English language. i got a confusion, since my visa status change from tier 1 general t ilr does that mean her dependent visa is not valid and she become illegal or is it still valid. please help and advice. i was waiting for her life in uk and english language and that's why didn't apply straight away . I will appreciate advice
Riz9997

I have a friend who was in a similar situation but she applied for ILR before her husband was granted ILR from Tier 1 - she told me she would lose her dependent status otherwise?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:54 am

Her visa remain valid don't worry .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and my tier1 dependent visa was exp in 28 feb I applied for ILR on 3feb in Croydon peo .

ss

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 am

SSWSZ wrote:Her visa remain valid don't worry .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and my tier1 dependent visa was exp in 28 feb I applied for ILR on 3feb in Croydon peo .

Hi all,
I agree with SSWSZ, the visa remains valid for a reasonable time till you apply for either an FLR or an ILR. Reasonable time means to say, as you are sorting out the Life in UK and English language test that should not take you long, may be a month at the most. But as SSWSZ rightly pointed out that she applied two months after the ILR of her husband, hence prove that the HOME OFFICE will take into consideration, that you and your Mrs were obviously trying to sort out the requirements that need fulfilled before you apply for her visa.
But the main question here is what visa will you apply ??
Will you apply a Further leave to remain on FLR(M) or will you be going for straight ILR on SET(M) or SET(O) ??
SSWSZ it will be great if you could kindly share your experience and what forms your applied on and what requirements please ??
Many thanks.
Shah
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Ali1975

Any approvals?

Post by Ali1975 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 am

Guys, please remember to share if any one got approvals this week, regards.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 am

Shahjee I already explain my story here same day when I came back but for you I am explaining in short words.
Book app for set(m) direct paid online.
On the day of app I took both form set (m) and flr(m) fully prepared as I came under old rules so no financial threshold applies on me
Submitted set(m) with all requirements
After an hour case worker call us and told us that I have to first apply for flr and then set m and she said as u have still valid visa till 28 feb go back home and apply again because u came under new rules and you have to show income threshold (this clears that dependent visa remain valid till it's validity). I am here since 2006 so I object that I came under old rules and she disagree .
Then I show here home office mail which I receive as reply to my query and it's clearly mention that I came under old rules no financial requirement.then they took that mail discuss with senior and came back said ok submit your flr pay here at counter and we will first issue you flr visa and them ILR .so I did the same pay 950 fee for flr and submit flr as well.

After 20 mint they called me and said my case is successful.got ILR brp on 5 feb .hope this helps .

shahjee1234 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Her visa remain valid don't worry .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and my tier1 dependent visa was exp in 28 feb I applied for ILR on 3feb in Croydon peo .

Hi all,
I agree with SSWSZ, the visa remains valid for a reasonable time till you apply for either an FLR or an ILR. Reasonable time means to say, as you are sorting out the Life in UK and English language test that should not take you long, may be a month at the most. But as SSWSZ rightly pointed out that she applied two months after the ILR of her husband, hence prove that the HOME OFFICE will take into consideration, that you and your Mrs were obviously trying to sort out the requirements that need fulfilled before you apply for her visa.
But the main question here is what visa will you apply ??
Will you apply a Further leave to remain on FLR(M) or will you be going for straight ILR on SET(M) or SET(O) ??
SSWSZ it will be great if you could kindly share your experience and what forms your applied on and what requirements please ??
Many thanks.
Shah
ss

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 am

Hiall wrote:Dear All
I rang the home office today at 0151-6725-626 opt 1 and then opt 2.
I have been told that my application has been passed over to a case worker for consideration but they can't confirm the date when it was assigned to the case worker.

Can someone confirm how long it can take from here.
My Timeline was as follows

Application sent: 06/01/2014
Acknowledgment issued: 08/01/2014
Biometric request issued: 16/01/2014
Biometric completed: 20/01/2014
Hi mate,
If I am you, I will make a cup of tea sit down and relax. If you check the entries on the Skydrive, it is roughly taking 14-18 weeks from the time of your application. So you should expect some thing by mid of April to beginning of May. It is still early days for you. And just a very brotherly advise, I would never suggest to call Home Office, giving your details out, until and unless your application is seriously delayed. All the best buddy, I hope you get the good news soon. Fingers crossed for all applicants who are waiting including me :lol: Take care all.
Regards
Shah

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 am

[quote="SSWSZ"]Shahjee I already explain my story here same day when I came back but for you I am explaining in short words.
On the day of app I took both form set (m) and flr(m) fully prepared as I came under old rules so no financial threshold applies on me
After an hour case worker call us and told us that I have to first apply for flr and then set m and she said as u have still valid visa till 28 feb go back home and apply again because u came under new rules and you have to show income threshold (this clears that dependent visa remain valid till it's validity). I am here since 2006 so I object that I came under old rules and she disagree .
Then I show here home office mail which I receive as reply to my query and it's clearly mention that I came under old rules no financial requirement.then they took that mail discuss with senior and came back said ok submit your flr pay here at counter and we will first issue you flr visa and them ILR .so I did the same pay 950 fee for flr and submit flr as well.

After 20 mint they called me and said my case is successful.got ILR brp on 5 feb .hope this helps .

Hi SSWSZ,
Many thanks for sharing your experience again, and hats off to you for being well prepared to fend the Home office off, when it mattered. You have set a very health precedent, for others to follow, as a lot of people including me, were quite confused about the old and the new rules, and the financial requirements. But that explains very well. All the best.
Regards
Shah

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 am

But this is the thing of past ho is smarter then we all think .from 6 April rules are changing and 10 years ILR dependent no longer use this transition arrangement .every one have to do flr according to FM new threshold rules

shahjee1234 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Shahjee I already explain my story here same day when I came back but for you I am explaining in short words.

Hi SSWSZ,
Many thanks for sharing your experience again, and hats off to you for being well prepared to fend the Home office off, when it mattered. You have set a very health precedent, for others to follow, as a lot of people including me, were quite confused about the old and the new rules, and the financial requirements. But that explains very well. All the best.
Regards
Shah
ss

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:36 am

SSWSZ wrote:But this is the thing of past ho is smarter then we all think .from 6 April rules are changing and 10 years ILR dependent no longer use this transition arrangement .every one have to do flr according to FM new threshold rules

shahjee1234 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Shahjee I already explain my story here same day when I came back but for you I am explaining in short words.

Hi SSWSZ,
Regards
Shah
Yes But what about the time period. if we get Flr M, can we apply for ILR as we got 2 years completed as dependent or we have to wait for 5 years for ILR.....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 am

Hi SSWSZ,

What are the FM new threshold rules ? Can you point to or link to these new rules ?

Thanks
SSWSZ wrote:But this is the thing of past ho is smarter then we all think .from 6 April rules are changing and 10 years ILR dependent no longer use this transition arrangement .every one have to do flr according to FM new threshold rules

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi SSWSZ,
Regards
Shah

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 am

[quote="SSWSZ"]But this is the thing of past ho is smarter then we all think .from 6 April rules are changing and 10 years ILR dependent no longer use this transition arrangement .every one have to do flr according to FM new threshold rules

[Hi can you please share the HO news in this respect as It is really really very important for me and if possiblr explain in more detail.
thanks

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:44 am

Hi SSWSZ,

Could you please provide more details or a link, where I can confirm the changes which are going to happen after 6april 2014.
Also does it mean, the partners applying after 6th April will have to complete another 5 years when the main applicant get ilr on 10 years basis, even when the partner has joined before 2012.

Kind Regards

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi SSWSZ,
Regards
Shah

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Ready.pdf

Page 9 para 7.11

GOd Helps wrote:

[Hi can you please share the HO news in this respect as It is really really very important for me and if possiblr explain in more detail.
thanks
ss

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am

The change will
mean such dependants will need to apply for leave to remain under the rules
for family members in Appendix FM before they can qualify for settlement

this is what is written there can yuo please explain what it really means
thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 am

I have no idea about how they calculate 5 years still searching for this jigsaw puzzle

[quote="bb2012"]Hi SSWSZ,

Could you please provide more details or a link, where I can confirm the changes which are going to happen after 6april 2014.
Also does it mean, the partners applying after 6th April will have to complete another 5 years when the main applicant get ilr on 10 years basis, even when the partner has joined before 2012.

Kind Regards

[quote="SSWSZ"]But this is the thing of past ho is smarter then we all think .from 6 April rules are changing and 10 years ILR dependent no longer use this transition arrangement .every one have to do flr according to FM new threshold rules
ss

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:43 am

This means we have to show the threshold of 18600 and again wait 5 years for our partners for ilr ?
This is too much .
Please clearify the new changes for us thanks
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:52 am

They are trying to make our life miserable :(
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

Maneks
Newly Registered

Post by Maneks » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Dear Experts

Apologies in advance for the long and complicated query, but I am so hoping I can have some advice from one of you on my situation.

My husband completes his 10 years in the UK in September 2014 ( first as a student, then as a dependent on Tier 1). I complete 5 years of my Tier 1 work visa in March 2015. We plan to apply for ILR through either of these two routes. Now my question to you is:

a) Which route do you think is more advisable for the ILR - the 10 year stay route through my husband in Sep 2014 or the 5 year route of my Tier 1 in March 2015?
b) If we were to apply through the 10 year route for the ILR, how soon can we apply given that we complete 10 years in Sep 2014.
c) What are the documents that we will require for the 10 year route, and how long does it usually take? Also, is there a bank balance that needs to be shown - how much and for how many months? I am guessing we need a separate form for each person (main applicant +dependents?)

Also, we had our baby in the UK in Jan 2013. He has an Indian passport, but no visa for UK yet. We intend to apply for his visa when we apply for our ILR through either of the routes listed above. Do you think this is doable?

Thanks in advance and apologies if some of the queries come across as quite basic.

Regards
Maneks

sabriz
Newly Registered

Post by sabriz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 pm

hi brother my wife came in 2011 on tier 1 general dependat so is she comes in new rule or not , how you got mail from home office can u plz guide me..

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 pm

This week has started so slow... It's day 2 and there is no good news. It looks like Home Office has lost its momentum it had late last month. Hoping for good news from the rest of November applicants and December applicants Gods willing...