ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success for me, spouse & Kid - 27-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jilpangs

ILR Success for me, spouse & Kid - 27-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Post by jilpangs » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Many many thanks for all the ones here in this forum who helped answering
loads of my queries. Those were really precious & timely. Thanks a lot.

My Scenario: TIER2 ICT - One Company all 5 years.

Before applying the Concerns i had were
a) I was away from UK for 89 days on a medical leave. So wasnt sure this will create me a problem.
b) My Spouse havent completed continuos 2 years. Overall she lived in UK for 3+ years but was away
from UK on multiple instances. Last entry was Sep 2012 and hence didnt have continuos 2 years.

Appointment at 13:00 PM on 27-Feb-2014

12:25: Reached Liverpool HO.
12:30: Security Checks got over.
12:30: PEO Token was given.
12:40: Our token no was called for to go to a counter. Document verification was done by one of the staffs. Took 10 mins and he checked Passport, BRP Cards, application & fees confirmation letter. Asked few questions like a) Do you know immigrations rules (I Replied Yes). b) Do you want me to explain it now (I Replied NO). C) Are you aware your application will be rejected if you dont satify immigration rules (I Replied Yes). Finally gave another token number, all our documents asked us to wait in the waiting area.

13:10: Our token no was called for to go to a counter. This staff asked us to handover the application & fees receipt. After checking them, asked me to put all the supporting documents i want them to use to support my case. He didnt ask for any specific doc. Just told handover all documents that you want us to use to support your case today. I had 4 folders of docs (Originals + Photocopies). Just handed over all
4 folders. He asked me to wait in the waiting area & and told will call back in 15 mins.

13:25: Same staff called our token number. Handed over one sheet and passports for biometrics. He asked me to wait in the waiting area & and told we will be called for Biometrics.

13:35: Our token no was called for to go to Biometric Room. Lady was sitting inside who checked our passports, scanned them & took photographs of us. Took 15 mins there.Back to same counter & handover the passports & Biometrics sheets. By that time our folders & application were bundled and kept aside. Passports were put inside it now.

13:50: Back to waiting area.We could see everyone's folders were kept in a queue and case workers were
taking one by one. We were eagerly but nervously waiting for ours to be picked up. Usually takes an hour from this stage. But seems yesterday was a busy day. After a long wait our folders were taken at 15:19 PM.

15:19: Case worker started reviewing our folders.

16:08: Case worker completed the checks and printed out a letter containing the outcome of our case. She handed over the folders and outcome letter to one of the staffs.

16:15: That staff called our token number and informed our application is successful and we all 3 got the ILR :) Phew...
Gave 3 sheets. 1 for each of us and asked us to verify all the details. Everything was OK.
Got back those 3 sheets and gave one letter which stated our application is through. Informed our BRP cards will be sent to our postal address with in 7-10 working days.

That was our ILR journey yesterday. Happy Ending. Happy to take any questions from ILR aspirants. Good luck to all.

If anyone wants to know the Documents we had.

SET(O) Form
Fees Receipt
Employer Reference Letter confirming my employment, Salary & Absence.
Life in UK test results
GESE Grade 5 english results

Me Main appplicant
Source 1) 12 months bank statement with current address
Source 2) 12 months pay slip with current address
Source 3) 5 Years Tax calculation sheet from HMRC with current address
Source 4) P60 - Last 4 years with current & previous address
Source 5) Driving License with Current address
Source 6) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 7) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source NHS Cards on my name alone with current address
Source 9) NHS letter confirming registration in our prvious address
Source 10) Electoral Letter on my name with current address

Spouse
Source 1) 2 years bank statement with current & previous address
Source 2) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 3) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source 4) NHS Cards on my spouse name alone with current address
Source 5) NHS letter confirming registration in our previous address
Source 6) Electoral Letter on spouse name with current address (But recently received Jan 2014).
Source 7) Spouse works as a Volunteer in BHF and got couple of letters from them. Just on her name not joint.
Source Spouse done some accounts course in Nov/Dec 2013. Got certification & letter from the Institue. Just on her name not joint.

Addition to above we had
Marriage Certificate (Both our Names included obviously)
Birth Certificate for our Kid (Both Parents Names included)

ishchopra

Re: ILR Success for me, spouse & Kid - 27-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Post by ishchopra » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi there,

Congratulations for the ILR.. I have few questions if you can help

1. You had 89 days of absence - what evidence did you provide? Were you employed during the absence?

2. To earn points for English - can we submit the degree and pbs calculator printout? Or we have to give English exam?

Please confirm as I am very confused about these two points

Cheers!

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 am

ishchopra wrote:Hi there,

Congratulations for the ILR.. I have few questions if you can help

1. You had 89 days of absence - what evidence did you provide? Were you employed during the absence?
In my Employer letter it was mentioned 89 days out of country because of medical leave. I had Medical certificate from
doctor stating im under treatment and need 12 weeks rest. Also had all medical reports taken during that 89 days.
But i didnt give to the case worker (Thought i show it only if they ask why complicate things). They didnt ask for it
so it wasnt needed in the end. Yes i was in Medical Leave for 3 months and i was paid. Had those Pay slips too but didnt produce

2. To earn points for English - can we submit the degree and pbs calculator printout? Or we have to give English exam?
This is a bit tricky one. I had 2 versions of responses when i enquired here in this forum and with friends. a) Yes if your degree listed in PBS calculator you dont have to take a english test. b) You may have to register with NARIC (http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/).
Didnt want to take any chance, so completed GESE Grade5 for safer side.

Please confirm as I am very confused about these two points

Cheers!

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:36 am

Received Biometric card within 2 days. Thats super quick.

Received on 01-Mar.

ishchopra

Post by ishchopra » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 am

Hello,

thanks for the explanation - this mean if absence is less than 180 days in a year, they just don't get into granular details.

thanks for sharing the info.

Cheers

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Yes I would suggest not to open up a can of worms.

suchita02
Newly Registered

Post by suchita02 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Congratulations for your success .

My husband (tier2 ICT) with two dependent (spouse and kid) going to apply ILR .

Does he require doc of maintenance ? Do you provide same?

We have got two council tax bill on joint name ( year 2014-15, 2013-14). They both dated 3 march 2014 because my name on bill recently added.
Year 2012-13 council bill has only my husband name .

We have got 3 council tax bill ( dec2009-March2010, April2010-March2011and march2011-April 2012) which has joint name but this is on our previous address.

July 2011 we moved to property which we are currently living.

Which council tax bill should I submit please can you suggest?

Other than council tax bill my husband got 10 letter on same address from 3 different source ( HMRC, electrol register, UKBA) dated between jan12 - feb14.

I have got 12 different letters on same address from 4 different source ( NHS, UKBA, electrol register, bank statements) dated between jan12 - feb14.