ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Staffs12

Re: Any approvals?

Post by Staffs12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Ali1975 wrote:Guys, please remember to share if any one got approvals this week, regards.
Day 2 this week but it's still quiet...Home Office has slowed down

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: urget help!!dependent tier 1 leave still valid or not

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:02 pm

As for now she came under old rule but these old rules are going to be replace by new rules in 6 April 2014 means after 6 April every one came under new rules even if the dependents came before july 2012 .

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

This is ho office email I'd.i mailed them my situation and visa timeline and asked about income threshold if it applies on me or not .i get ans after a month and due to this mail I got my ILR in Croydon office otherwise my case worker insists at that time I came under new rule although I am here since 2006 .hope this helps

sabriz wrote:hi brother my wife came in 2011 on tier 1 general dependat so is she comes in new rule or not , how you got mail from home office can u plz guide me..
ss

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi,

If someone apply Set(LR) for ILR on 10 years basis before 6th April 2014, and wants to apply for her spouse at the same time, which form do they have to use for spouse?.
Also would they need to send cover letter stating about the SET(LR) application sent sperately?

Please someone could advise.

Kind Regards
SSWSZ wrote:As for now she came under old rule but these old rules are going to be replace by new rules in 6 April 2014 means after 6 April every one came under new rules even if the dependents came before july 2012 .

This is ho office email I'd.i mailed them my situation and visa timeline and asked about income threshold if it applies on me or not .i get ans after a month and due to this mail I got my ILR in Croydon office otherwise my case worker insists at that time I came under new rule although I am here since 2006 .hope this helps

sabriz wrote:hi brother my wife came in 2011 on tier 1 general dependat so is she comes in new rule or not , how you got mail from home office can u plz guide me..

ILR135
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ILR135 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Can someone please help
Is passports enough or do I need to send more docs to prof of ten years. Does anyone thing is a good idea to send covering letter with the application.
Thank you.

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:15 pm

By the Grace of Almighty Allah I have received my documents along with BRP today.

Here is my timeline
Applied on 26/11/13
Acknowledgement: 04/12/13
Bio Invitation: 31/12/13
Bio Enrolled: 04/01/14
Documents and BRP received: 18/03/14

Date on the approval letter: 06/03/14

Thanks a lot for all the help and support given on this forum. Keep up the good work.
All the best to those who are waiting.

noluck
Newly Registered

Post by noluck » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:26 pm

ILR135 wrote:Can someone please help
Is passports enough or do I need to send more docs to prof of ten years. Does anyone thing is a good idea to send covering letter with the application.
Thank you.
Keep it simple
I have sent my payslips and P60s covering whole 10 years in sealed envelope, when documents returned to me, the envelop was still intact!!!. HO even did not bother to check payslips&P60s.
And I were married to European citizen and I did not provide that my ex-wife exercising treaty right, HO never questioned this.
Though not sure if i were lucky.

Good luck

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

virgono1 wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah I have received my documents along with BRP today.

Here is my timeline
Applied on 26/11/13

Thanks a lot for all the help and support given on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Masha Allah
can you tell me what docs did you sent along with passports.

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:31 pm

noluck wrote:
ILR135 wrote:Can someone please help
Thank you.
Keep it simple
I have sent my payslips and P60s covering whole 10 years in sealed envelope, when documents returned to me, the envelop was still intact!!!. HO even did not bother to check payslips&P60s.
And I were married to European citizen and I did not provide that my ex-wife exercising treaty right, HO never questioned this.
Though not sure if i were lucky.

Good luck

Do you think passports including the old once are enough.

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:42 pm

ILR135 wrote:
virgono1 wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah I have received my documents along with BRP today.

Here is my timeline
Applied on 26/11/13

Masha Allah
I sent them all of my Passports+BRP+LIUK+ESOL+Bank statements
I also sent these documents (these are not compulsory if you have your Passports with you)
Driving License,
GP letter,
Council tax letters,
Vote/poll registration cards,
A Summary from inland revenue,
NI Contribution summary.

& most importantly, A copy of all these documents mentioned above, So complete File copy, which they have kept with them and returned the original documents.

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 pm

virgono1 wrote:
ILR135 wrote:

Here is my timeline
Applied on 26/11/13

Masha Allah
I sent them all of my Passports+BRP+LIUK+ESOL+Bank statements
I also sent these documents (these are not compulsory if you have your Passports with you)
Driving License,
GP letter,
Council tax letters,
Vote/poll registration cards,
A Summary from inland revenue,
NI Contribution summary.

& most importantly, A copy of all these documents mentioned above, So complete File copy, which they have kept with them and returned the original documents.
Thank you.
Is there a minimum balance on the statement has to be maintained.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi ILR135,

There is no need to send any additional documents if you have all the passports (with past visa stamps) covering your 10 year period.

you only need to send the additional documents if for any period you dont have a passport with valid leave for that period.

Thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Maneks wrote:Dear Experts

Apologies in advance for the long and complicated query, but I am so hoping I can have some advice from one of you on my situation.

My husband completes his 10 years in the UK in September 2014 ( first as a student, then as a dependent on Tier 1). I complete 5 years of my Tier 1 work visa in March 2015. We plan to apply for ILR through either of these two routes. Now my question to you is:

a) Which route do you think is more advisable for the ILR - the 10 year stay route through my husband in Sep 2014 or the 5 year route of my Tier 1 in March 2015?

Tier 1 ILR route would be quicker (PEO), LR will take 4-6 months(No PEO) and by that time you are eligible by Tier 1 route. Its your choice to submit docs and wait for 4-6 months (LR) or can go to PEO and finish in a day.

b) If we were to apply through the 10 year route for the ILR, how soon can we apply given that we complete 10 years in Sep 2014.

28 days before Entry clearence.

c) What are the documents that we will require for the 10 year route, and how long does it usually take? Also, is there a bank balance that needs to be shown - how much and for how many months? I am guessing we need a separate form for each person (main applicant +dependents?)

LR docs : Passport/s, BRP, LIUK, English language(UK degree). Duration : 4-6 months.
LR Main applicantion : SET(LR) for now.
LR dependents: FLR (M) form . But It sounds like more trouble introducing from April 2014.

Also, we had our baby in the UK in Jan 2013. He has an Indian passport, but no visa for UK yet. We intend to apply for his visa when we apply for our ILR through either of the routes listed above. Do you think this is doable?

Thanks in advance and apologies if some of the queries come across as quite basic.

Regards
Maneks

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:14 pm

SSWSZ wrote:As for now she came under old rule but these old rules are going to be replace by new rules in 6 April 2014 means after 6 April every one came under new rules even if the dependents came before july 2012 .

Sorry SSWSZ from where you picked this thing that after 6 April 2014 everyone will come under new rules. Please dont take it personal may be i m wrong. i have seen HC 1138 they didnt mention this thing.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:55 pm

msmussaf wrote:

Sorry SSWSZ from where you picked this thing that after 6 April 2014 everyone will come under new rules. Please dont take it personal may be i m wrong. i have seen HC 1138 they didnt mention this thing.
it is on pade 9 7.11 what in uoiy opinion it means
it exactly says
7.11Corrections are being made to enforce the intention that only dependants of
individuals who qualified for settlement under the Points-Based System can
apply for settlement as dependants of Points-Based System Migrants.
Previously the Immigration Rules allowed dependents of those who qualified
for settlement on the basis of long residence to also apply. The change will
mean such dependants will need to apply for leave to remain under the rules
for family members in Appendix FM before they can qualify for settlement.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:56 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Ready.pdf

Page 9 para 7.11
Even Amber and vinny confirm it if you read topic immigration for family members you will find more details.

msmussaf wrote:

ss

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:12 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Maneks wrote:Dear Experts

Apologies in advance for the long and complicated query, but I am so hoping I can have some advice from one of you on my situation.

My husband completes his 10 years in the UK in September 2014 ( first as a student, then as a dependent on Tier 1). I complete 5 years of my Tier 1 work visa in March 2015. We plan to apply for ILR through either of these two routes. Now my question to you is:

a) Which route do you think is more advisable for the ILR - the 10 year stay route through my husband in Sep 2014 or the 5 year route of my Tier 1 in March 2015?

Tier 1 ILR route would be quicker (PEO), LR will take 4-6 months(No PEO) and by that time you are eligible by Tier 1 route. Its your choice to submit docs and wait for 4-6 months (LR) or can go to PEO and finish in a day.

b) If we were to apply through the 10 year route for the ILR, how soon can we apply given that we complete 10 years in Sep 2014.

28 days before Entry clearence.

c) What are the documents that we will require for the 10 year route, and how long does it usually take? Also, is there a bank balance that needs to be shown - how much and for how many months? I am guessing we need a separate form for each person (main applicant +dependents?)

LR docs : Passport/s, BRP, LIUK, English language(UK degree). Duration : 4-6 months.
LR Main applicantion : SET(LR) for now.
LR dependents: FLR (M) form . But It sounds like more trouble introducing from April 2014.

Also, we had our baby in the UK in Jan 2013. He has an Indian passport, but no visa for UK yet. We intend to apply for his visa when we apply for our ILR through either of the routes listed above. Do you think this is doable?

Thanks in advance and apologies if some of the queries come across as quite basic.

Regards
Maneks

I think ONE BIRD IN HAND IS BETTER TWO ON THE BUSH.
Go through in sep for your Husband ILR ( SET LR ROUTE)
Dont touch your Tier 1
After getting ILR for your husband
Apply naturalisation for your Baby.

You Have two choices
Apply FLR M then SET M (ILR) (This is costly route)
OR You can apply your ILR in March 2015 through tier 1

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:35 pm

[quote="SSWSZ"]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Ready.pdf

Page 9 para 7.11
Even Amber and vinny confirm it if you read topic immigration for family members you will find more details.

just out of curosity are SAmber and vinny legal advisors ? they have a lot of knowledge

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Guys as I mentioned earlier that I have received my ILR today in 10yr LR.

Now please help me with the next stage.

When do I apply for my British Passport/naturalisation?
What forms do I use?

How do I apply for my Children's Naturalisation?
They were born here in UK.
What form do I use for my children?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

SSWSZ wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Ready.pdf

Page 9 para 7.11

msmussaf wrote:

I have read through this HC1138 (page 9 7.11). My understanding is that every one who gets ILR (LR) their depends will apply via Flr(m) but important thing is that it does not say any thing about transitional period for dependants so I believe that transitional set up is still in place all we have to do is apply for Flr(m) then SET(m). Our dear friend sswsz is one of the lucky ones who got her ILR straight away. Guys please correct me if I m missing any thing here.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 pm

I have read through this HC1138 (page 9 7.11). My understanding is that every one who gets ILR (LR) their depends will apply via Flr(m) but important thing is that it does not say any thing about transitional period for dependants so I believe that transitional set up is still in place all we have to do is apply for Flr(m) then SET(m). Our dear friend sswsz is one of the lucky ones who got her ILR straight away. Guys please correct me if I m missing any thing here.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

my understading is same as your please correct us if we are wrong.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Dear friends
Quick question . I forgot to send photocopies of my documents with my ILR application and original documents. Does it effects if we don't send a set of photocopy of all documents? Answer pls as it is worrying me now. Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Dear friends
Quick question . I forgot to send photocopies of my documents with my ILR application and original documents. Does it effects if we don't send a set of photocopy of all documents? Answer pls as it is worrying me now. Thanks
Well If you are worried about this u can always post them if you have copies with u....other wise dont worry I dont think they will decide your application based on this.....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:24 pm

my hubby didn't send any copy and received ilr without any problem
mskhan78 wrote:Dear friends
ss

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Here is my timeline
Applied on 26/11/13

congrats.... i hope to receive good news this week... praying hard

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:59 am

KashRIz wrote: I have read through this HC1138 (page 9 7.11). My understanding is that every one who gets ILR (LR) their depends will apply via Flr(m) but important thing is that it does not say any thing about transitional period for dependants so I believe that transitional set up is still in place all we have to do is apply for Flr(m) then SET(m). Our dear friend sswsz is one of the lucky ones who got her ILR straight away. Guys please correct me if I m missing any thing here.
I'm not sure if this is the case. These immigration rules are incredibly complicated so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The new law from 06 APR 2014 has a negative requirement for "an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person
present and settled in the United Kingdom" that the leave the dependent holds "was not as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant;" (284 (i), at p.15 of HC1138)

This means PBS dependents cannot switch to FLR(M) under 284 (i) from 06 APR 2014.

To qualify for the 2 year rule you need to apply as FLR(M) under 284 (i) when applying for settlement (287 (a) (i) (d), at p. 12). So dependents of those who get their ILR via 10 year long residence route CANNOT benefit from this rule and have to go via the 5 year route and the clock is reset because of E-ILRP.1.3 (at p. 16).

This is why vinny and Amber_ are asking people to switch to FLR(M) NOW.
Last edited by ahyang0129 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 am, edited 5 times in total.