ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - Funds required WITHOUT job or job offer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seek hsmp

EC - Funds required WITHOUT job or job offer

Post by seek hsmp » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:25 am

Successful EC applicants,

Please mention the funds (in GBP) stated for your EC application without job offer.

What may be the minimum required may vary, but responses from successful applicants may help.

Thanks in advance...

apeterso925

Re: EC - Funds required WITHOUT job or job offer

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 am

seek hsmp wrote:Successful EC applicants,

Please mention the funds (in GBP) stated for your EC application without job offer.

What may be the minimum required may vary, but responses from successful applicants may help.

Thanks in advance...
Where in the UK do you plan to settle? It makes a difference in how much you'll need.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:42 am

How much is needed to convince the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) and result in successful approval.

A HSMP visa holder is free to work in any location in UK and may settle in a location with best future prospects.

Face-to-Face interviews are almost necessary in most recruitment processes.

Successful applicants, please advise.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:30 am

seek hsmp wrote:How much is needed to convince the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) and result in successful approval.

A HSMP visa holder is free to work in any location in UK and may settle in a location with best future prospects.

Face-to-Face interviews are almost necessary in most recruitment processes.

Successful applicants, please advise.
I was successful and now hold a valid visa...and yes, you are free to work anywhere in the UK, but the application will ask the region in which you *intend* to settle and your chosen region is a major deciding factor in how much you'll need.

London is the most expensive part of the country and if that's where you intend to settle, I would say you need at least 3500 GBP to support yourself...more if you have dependents.

On the other hand, if you intend to settle in a less expensive area, you won't need to show as much because your funds will last longer. Additionally, if you can show proof of free accommodations (if you will be staying with friends or family), you may be able to apply with even less.

Overall, you need to satisfy the ECO that you can maintain yourself without a job and without recourse to public funds for at least 4-5 months.

I submitted a budget with my application, showing that I could support myself for 5 months with my current savings...several other successful applicants here did the same. I think that in doing so, I satisfied the ECO that I had done my homework and was capable of supporting myself.

Amy

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:41 am

Amy, thanks for your reply.

Is 5000 GBP enough for a single person (no dependents)?

Anyone with EC successful with the given amount ???

No Job offer, own accomodation + travel expenses

Successful applicants - similar cases -please mention the approx. figure declared.

An applicant can find a job within 6 days, 6 weeks or 6 months. It varies...

Normally 2000 GBP/month is enough for a single person, any part of UK.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:58 am

I had £4000 in the current account when I applied for entry clearance, and that was fine (no accommodation, planning to live outside London). I also gave a cheese-paring budget that indicated that the £4000 could last 4-5 months. AG

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:03 am

Can 4000 GBP last 5 months?

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:49 am

In Oxford, it arguably can, with some economising and perhaps sharing a flat. Of course, the point is that one demonstrate that one would have no need of public funds, not that one would necessarily be comfortable. AG

chanduambience
Newly Registered

Post by chanduambience » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:39 am

I am planning to apply for EC one more time as my first one is rejected saying the reason "funds are not usfficent with the company to pay the salaries of the staff". I applied for EC with the above offer as i really got it from the company and i don't have any idea about their financial status.

So this time i'll apply for EC without job offer,
So can you guys gide me what all documents i need to get from my friend as he is provding me the initial accomodation for me?.

Also as i have applied for few jobs in UK and my resume also shortlisted but in which way i need to show this info to BHC guys as a proof that i started job serach in my field?.

PLZ post ur replies at the earliest !!!

mroracle
Newly Registered

Post by mroracle » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:30 am

Dear All.
1. Is it possible to invite my dependents after 3 months I come to UK?
2. What type of account there must be? I mean Visa classic, or depozit account and etc.

Thanks in advance.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 am

Thanks for the replies.

Do I stand a good chance of EC approval with ONLY 5000 GBP (no job offer, own accomodation, etc.)?

Even though I have never worked in UK before, my current pay is around 26K (in GBP). Will that help for EC approval?

A job offer is usually after a personal interview and the availabilty to start on a certain date or ASAP.

Regarding the question in VAF1 form regarding list of all places of stay:
kindly advise.

Can a joint bank account with a family member or a family member's sole bank account be used for funds declaration?