ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension refused due to Supposed deception i

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dushmahajan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension refused due to Supposed deception i

Post by dushmahajan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Dear all,
I am very new to this forum and basically looking for some assistance and advice.

I had applied for my Tier 1 extension on 23 may 2013 and i got rejection on 6 November 2013. The reason for refusal they have given is that deception was used in my previous application. They are referring to fact that my Corporation tax was not paid and my previous company was dissolved.

In my previous application I had shown income from my employment and dividends from my limited company. All the money from clients was received in my business bank account and i had taken money as dividends which i transferred to personal account. So i had sent my payslips from work and dividend vouchers from business along with my accountants letter. I was granted Tier 1 for 2 years on 23 may 2011. So i went home that year. On my return they questioned me in relation to my income, cancelled my visa and detained me at airport on Nov 2011. kept me there for a week and then released on temporary admission. I appealed againt their decision then they withdrew their decision but kept my passport and visa saying they are doing "further investigation". after numerous calls, letters and faxes they returned my documents on Oct 2012. During this time i could not pay attention to my business and my company dissolved on aug 2012. I didnt know i could reinstate my company. So i registered a new company under same name and did the trading as usual.
In my current extension application they have granted all the points for my earnings. But have claimed that since my corporation tax was not submitted and my company dissolved, income that i had shown in my previous application is no longer valid and hence considered as deception.
after receiving refusal i contacted HMRC and have sent them all the corporation tax and company accounts for that period for my closed company, even when they said it was not necessary just to ensure that i have more chances to win the appeal.

I have again appealed against their decision and hearing is on 20th March 2014.
Can you suggest me what can be my best argument and how good are my chances of winning the appeal. I am desperate for some professional advice ASAP.
Regards

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension refused due to Supposed deception i

Post by a.agrawal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Today is 20 March 2014, just bumped on ur post, just want to wish you all the best... do let us know the outcome...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 1 extension refused due to Supposed deception i

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm

So forthe year in question did you pay yourself dividends out of money that was owed to HMRC as CT?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....