ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr m for Pending set lr application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

april2014
Newly Registered

flr m for Pending set lr application

Post by april2014 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi,

Please help,

My set lr application is pending with home office since December 2013.

My wife came in uk in 2009 as Tier 2 dependent, still have valid dependent leave till dec 2014, Can I send flr m for my wife before 6 april 2014 even though my set lr application has not been decided yet?

If my set lr get approved and my wife granted flr m after 6 april 2014, will my wife have to spend another 5 years on flr m to apply for her ilr?

Please help.
Last edited by april2014 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(M) for Pending SET(LR) application

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm

What I know is for sure is that you can send flr anytime you want it's better to send now as you have to do the same when you get ILR so in this case you will avoid income threshold criteria .regarding second part of your question I am still looking for ans but what I think is they are eliminating old rule so according to my understanding when there is no old rule then only condition that left is every one has to full fill new requirements and it says 5 years but still I am not sure this is just my guess .hold on and some senior will ans you
ss

april2014
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) for Pending SET(LR) application

Post by april2014 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

SSWSZ wrote:What I know is for sure is that you can send flr anytime you want it's better to send now as you have to do the same when you get ILR so in this case you will avoid income threshold criteria .regarding second part of your question I am still looking for ans but what I think is they are eliminating old rule so according to my understanding when there is no old rule then only condition that left is every one has to full fill new requirements and it says 5 years but still I am not sure this is just my guess .hold on and some senior will ans you
Hi amber/vinny

please help

I am waiting decision on my set lr.

My wife came in 2009 in uk , if my wife send flr m now (before 6 april) with cover letter to put her application on hold. And if my wife get flr m decision after 6april, then will my wife have to spend another 5 yrs on flr m, and then she can apply for ilr using set m after 5 years.