ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (Tier 2G) at Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john353

ILR Success (Tier 2G) at Liverpool PEO

Post by john353 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 am

Our ILR application was granted at Liverpool yesterday. Hats off to all forum members and moderators for this great forum! Keep this going.

Been on Tier 2 G all 5 years and applied together with dependants.

Appointment was at 11 am....reached PEO very early at 9.30am...was let in without any problems ...cleared security---got token no and called to a counter to do preliminary checks....sent to another counter to submit all documents and given another token no for biometrics....shortly afterwards called for biometrics------after which waited in the PEO. Didn't meet the caseworker at all. But I saw all my files with a lady (case worker) who was working on it. Liverpool PEO has an open layout, so u can actually see who is doing what. My kids were happy inside the waiting area playing..........Around 11.45 I saw the caseworker passing all the documents back to the counter where I was given the token for biometrics :lol: ...soon after I was called to that counter and said our application has been approved and got the approval letter. BRP's should arrive in a week.

Some useful info based on my experience

Looks like Liverpool PEO has a first come first serve pattern. Better to arrive early at the PEO.

Present all necessary documents...don't complicate things by giving unnecessary docs

Documents Submitted.

- One Set (O) form for all applicants
- 2 photos each
- Four Passports
- 3 BRP's + 1 Entry clearance visa vignette in passport
- Employer letter for SOC code/salary details etc (follow the format in the sticky in this forum).
- Latest payslips/bank statements with in last 30 days.
- KOLL : LiUK + PBS calculator print + degree certificate for me
:LiUK+ NARIC Statement of comaribility+ university letter for english medium + degree certificate for dependent
- Co-habitation documents - ( only last 2 years required...but my wife had long 10 month maternity absence....so to be on the safe side I submitted few docs for the preceding 3 years also. She lived in Uk for about 3.5 years out of 5, so we were confident about this....thanks to all info from this forum.)
- Birth Certificates of kids
- All photocopies

Overall pleasant experience at Liverpool. Happy to answer any questions.

hola
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success (Tier 2G) at Liverpool PEO

Post by hola » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Congrats!
Can I ask;
-did your job title ever change during your 5 year stay on tier 2 general?
-If so, where you asked any questions about your change in job title during your PEO appointment
-If your job title changed albeit within the same SOC did your sponsor report to ukba?
Kindly respond if any of these are applicable. Doesn't look like any of the T2G threads have this information. It will clear this grey area in T2G of when or not to make change of employment application during your stay in T2G and it's impact(or not) on ILR applications.
Thanks

kais

Post by kais » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Congrates!!!!

Could you please tell How many Months Bank statements AND How many months Pay Slips you submitted? only asking some Tier 2 (G) I have seen here saying 3 months bank statements and 3 months pay slips and some says ONLY 1 month wage slip and 1 month Bank statement will do.

Please advice

Thanks

john353

Post by john353 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Hola - my job title hasn't changed.. and as I mentioned I didn't have any sort of interaction with the case worker.

If I remember correctly the sponsor rules: if the SOC code doesn't change then a change of employment is not required. Perhaps only needed to update UKBA regarding this and no need to wait for approval of the technical change before starting the new job title (if in the same SOC code). You may want to check out this with manci in Tier 2 G forum regarding this.

Regarding impact on ILR, I doubt if it will have any impact in my personal opinion. Please double check with others.

Best wishes.

john353

Post by john353 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Kais -As per guidance only one payslip and one bank statement is required, both no older than a month. I submitted the last 3 payslips, because I had them with me readily available. So it is upto you -- strictly speaking for Tier 2 G only one which is the latest is required.

john353

Post by john353 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 pm

update: received all BRP's today. Within 2 days!

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 am

hi,

Congratulations.
You mentioned that you also included your children in the application who was born in UK. Was it your children's first application or did they already had dependant visa ?
Is it essential to include the child as well? My baby was born after my tier 1 extension and my ILR is in May. I was thinking to apply ILR for myself and wife and then apply for childs naturalisation.
Thanks.

john353

Post by john353 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:51 am

Hi ,
My kids were not born in UK and they were on Tier2 dependent visas. If they were born here, then no need to include them in ILR as you say..

kais

Post by kais » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Congrates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it says on letter that it is approved or the one which doesnt say on actual named letter but it says on guidance attached to the letter?

john353

Post by john353 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Relax! It is indeed as you have described. You will get your brp shortly anyways :-)