ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for unrestricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Applying for unrestricted COS

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:44 am

Hi Forum,

The company I work for is A-rated Tier-2 sponsor but I am the only employee being sponsored via this. My visa is due for renewal in Sept-2014.

- Does my company need to apply for an unrestricted COS first before doing my visa extension?
- If so, When do they need to apply for it?
- Can an A-rated Tier-2 sponsor apply for an unrestricted COS at any time of the year?

Your valued feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Sandeep.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for unrestricted COS

Post by manci » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 am

the company needs to apply for an unrestricted CoS allocation for 2014/15 through the SMS. Once they have the allocation they can assign a CoS to you any time but CoSs must be "used", i.e. you'll have to apply for leave, within 3 months of the date of assignment.

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:01 am

Many thanks Manci.

When does company need to apply for a COS? Do they need to do it now or can they do so in July/august as well?

Regards,
Sandeep.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 am

i think they are best doing it now, and they should mention clearly that they are asking for quota for April 14/march 15 and not for current year which ends in start of april.
also, since you are the only employee, i will suggest that u keep track of when does the company needs to apply for renewing of the licence as that lasts for 4 years. even if they have issued u ur next cos, they will still need to hold a licence until u have had a ILR, (some companies dont apply for extension of licence thinking that since u dont need another cos as will transfer to ilr) and end up lossing licence and hence terminating ur visa.

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Many thanks.

Do you mean applying uCOS for 2014-15 by first week of April?