ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline after WP submission recently?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Minhua Ma
Newly Registered

Timeline after WP submission recently?

Post by Minhua Ma » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Is there anybody who received WP approval letter from Work Permit UK recently?

My WP application has been sent by my employer for 4 weeks and I still haven't heard anything yet. I am restless now. If anybody on this forum had received wp recently (in June or July), could you tell me the timeline please? e.g. what date the wp application was sent, and what date the approval was received ...

Thanks a million!

Newly Registered

Post by 13436 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 am

I had mine wp extended within a week. sent i last week of june and received on 4th july. though I already have spent a 5 years work permit period with the same employer (got it extended to apply for ILR in november). there was a difference in work permit approval date and FLR stamp date back in 2002.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:48 pm

Work Permits can take longer if it was not a straight forward application or if some documents were missing, but unlike the HSMP the Home Office will come back to the employer if there are further questions. You shouldn't worry - 4 weeks does not mean that it won't get approved, and it is still a reasonable amount of time.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:36 am

Definately let us know what happens. My employer send my application in 1 week ago and we haven't heard back yet. I've heard everything from 5 business days to 2 months.