ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - advice on my case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PKCh123
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - advice on my case

Post by PKCh123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Hello Gurus,

I am on Tier1 General and my wife is on Tier1 General dependent, our visas will be expired on 10th July 2014.

I will be eligible for ILR from June 12th, so planning to go in person to one of the PEOs from that date depending on appointment.
Because my wife joined me in October 2012 (got visa from August 2012), she has to go through 5yrs route for ILR.

I am hoping I will get ILR when I apply and then she will apply for Family visa FLR(M) before 10th July.
and in the case if I dont get ILR we both will apply Tier1 extn before 10th July, which is very much straightforward.

But what if my case is on hold? not sure how long the holding period is? please advise what needs to be done for her visa?
as long as my application is with them I can stay, but what about her? can she overstay?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

vinny

Re: FLR(M) - advice on my case

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:35 am

Why does she want to apply for FLR(M)? It will reset her qualifying period under SET(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PKCh123
Newly Registered

Post by PKCh123 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 am

Thanks vinny.
Please advise what should be her application after I get ILR.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.