ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa with ACCA & dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi,

My wife finished her master in computer networking from university last month. Our visa will expire in April 2014. Now we are going to apply for ACCA in LSBF (non HEI).
My question is
-Can I get dependent visa with her?
-If yes, am I able to do full time work?

For refrence, we came togather in July 2012.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Please any one can help.

Deviser

Re: Tier 4 visa with ACCA & dependent

Post by Deviser » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:32 pm

msahil111 wrote:Hi,

My wife finished her master in computer networking from university last month. Our visa will expire in April 2014. Now we are going to apply for ACCA in LSBF (non HEI).
My question is
-Can I get dependent visa with her?
-If yes, am I able to do full time work?

For refrence, we came togather in July 2012.
-Can I get dependent visa with her? NO
-If yes, am I able to do full time work? NO

LSBF has lost all the university affiliations recently and they are just a private college now! Work + Dependents only allow in HEI and LSBF is no longer able to get you HEI CAS.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks
But LSBF said you can get dependent visa as you are applying at the same time.
Please do reply.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 am

319C. Requirements for entry clearance or leave to remain
(iv) the following conditions must be met:
(1) the relevant Points Based System Migrant must be applying for entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain, to undertake a course of study that is longer than six months and either:
(a) have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months; or
(b) have last had entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain within the three months preceding the application as a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months; and
(2) the Partner must either:
(a) have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as the Partner of a Tier 4 (General) Student or a student with entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain, to undertake a course of study longer than six months; or
(b) have last had entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain within the three months preceding the application as the Partner of a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months; and
(3) the relevant Points Based System Migrant and the Partner must be applying at the same time.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:19 am

According to 319 c its not possible?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

It's possible if you meet the requirements of the paragraph you have quoted above.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 pm

@ msahil111, if you are presently dependant on your wife who has 20hrs right to work as a tier 4 student, then you can continue to be her dependant with full right to work even if she doesn't get any right to work in her subsequent/further leave to remain application.

Once you are already in UK with right to work, you will continue to get that right to work as long as you continue to be dependant on your wife.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ msahil111, if you are presently dependant on your wife who has 20hrs right to work as a tier 4 student, then you can continue to be her dependant with full right to work even if she doesn't get any right to work in her subsequent/further leave to remain application.

Once you are already in UK with right to work, you will continue to get that right to work as long as you continue to be dependant on your wife.
That's not correct. If the grant of leave is less than 12 months or the course is below degree level (unless the student is government sponsored) the dependent will not get permission to work. 319D(iv)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Part_8.pdf

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:05 am

@ Greenie, my comment is base on the fact that the dependant got the visa and right to work initially because the main applicant is on a course which is at or above degree level and obviously the main applicant need progression for renewal and only on this basis did I state that the dependant will continue to get right to work.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 am

Yes, but the student could go on to study a degree course that is less than 12 months long, in which case, the dependent will still qualify for leave but will not get the right to work.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 pm

But my course is ACCA-3 years.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:29 am

@ msahil111, if you are able to get a CAS letter for the ACCA from LSBF, then your dependant will get a right to work if your application is successful.

msahil111
Newly Registered

Post by msahil111 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

we got our BRP for 3 years.

On BRP it doesn't say mult entry.

Can we go to our home country for visit during this period?

unto1

Post by unto1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Olasunkanmi is right. When i renewed my visa in Jan.2012 (before applying for psw) i have 3 months to complete my degree. My wife got work right for 6 months visa while myself (main applicant) has no right to work.