ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa refusal - seeking advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Henna
Newly Registered

UK visitor visa refusal - seeking advice

Post by Henna » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi there,

Myself on Tier1 Visa which was due to exprire in may 2014. My parents applied for visitor visa from India last month (Feb 2014), since my visa was due for extension (in 3 months), I was not sure whether my parents would be granted visitor visa for 6 months, I had taken sponsorship letter, bank statements and utility bills from my friend who is also in Tier 1 visa, in their visitor visa application they had mentioned they have 'no other friends or family in UK'. Their visa got refused on following grounds.

1. There is no clear evidence of relationship between the sponsor (as they had mentioned him as a family friend)
2. Failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or econmic ties to India. ( They had maintained 400000 INR in their bank account and a letter from accountant stating that source of fund was from a residential property sale and menttioning that they do have some immovable property in india. Though they have attached the asset documents(non-english) for that It was not traslated into English.)

I've got my tier 1 extension done now, They want to re-apply for the visior visa but using my documents (sponsorship letter,bank statements and utility bills).

My questions are,

1. Since they has already mentioned in their previous application that they had 'NO other friends or family in UK', will it be an issue if I sponsor my parent now?

2. I live in a single bedroom property with my partner and 2 year old son, However it is not mentioned in my tenancy agreement. So Single bed room apartment (with a seperate living room) be an issue if I show my tenancy agreement as an accomodation proof?

ban.s

Re: UK visitor visa refusal - seeking advice

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm

considering the previous application history it's likely their future application, supported by you, may likely result a refusal u/s 320 (7A)

Henna
Newly Registered

Post by Henna » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Thank you very much for the information. But is there any way around to get their visitor visa application be successful in the future, if not immediately? I will get my ILR done by Jan 2015, applying for them in a family visitor visa category later will still be an issue? or should i make an immediate visitor visa application for them now mysef being a sponsor (eventhough knowing that there are higher chances of rejection) and applying under family visitor category later?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 pm

It's quite difficult for anyone to foresee the outcome of future applications. The decision will be based on the facts presented in future application along with the supporting documents. However the applicants didn't intentionally disclose material facts in the application. This, if uncovered, could be a major issue in the future applications. General visitor vs Family visitor route will not make any difference as such.

refer to the decision flow chart in relation to 320(7A)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rt__1_.pdf

refusal under this section will mean ban for 10 years.

Tulasij

Post by Tulasij » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Henna,

I have also applied for visitor visa on Feb14th 2014. I am still waiting for the decision.
Can you please let me know when your parents have applied for visa and in which center and when did they get the decision