ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maaan143

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maaan143 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:12 am

HowILR wrote:
maaan143 wrote:A little good news for PBS dependants....

if you waiting for your partner ILR on 10 years rout, dont forget to apply before 06 April 2014. Becaz you will get visa on flr m for two years if you apply before......otherws it will b 5 years(30 months+30 months).......and dont forget to send cover letter with ur application...u can also find that cover letter on sky drive.....

if they r not including ur previous time in 2 years in ur set m application ....still u can atleast get ur ilr after 2 years wich is better than 5 years ......
thx maaan143 for usefull info but do u think 5 years time will start after my dependent switch to flr(m) if my dependent apply after 6th april..so her(my dependent) spent time in uk won't count. thx

Yes....i personly think the only benefit pbs dependant will get that they can apply settlement after 2 years if they apply before 06 april 2014....but after 06 april 2014 they will not be eligible to include their old pbs times in that 2 years.....so they have to wait for 2 years before to apply set m......

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:13 am

Hi,

Can anyone please add my timeline to skydrive?

Application Sent: 03/03/2014
Ackn letter: 12/03/2014
Bio letter: 18/03/2014
Biometrics enroll: 20/03/2014

Thank you.

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:15 am

GOd Helps wrote:
maaan143 wrote:A QUESTION
\I APPLIED FOR ilr set (LR) IN JAN ,AWAITING DECISION, MY WIFE ON DEPENDENT TIER 4 CURRENTLY, IF WE APPLY FOR HER flrM BEFORE 6TH ARPRIL ,IT IS EXPECTED WE GET HER DECISION AFTER THAT, I UNDERSTAND SHE WILL BE UNDER 2 YEAR ROUTE ,BUT CAN SHE COMBINE HER LEAVE AS DEPENDANT TIER 4 TO QUALIFY FOR SETTLEMENT AFTER 6 APRIL AS NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN CLAUSE 287.
YOUR REPLY IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

an email reply from UKVI

Question: Do dependants of PBS Migrants who apply for LTR as the Partner of a settled person begin their qualifying period again?

Answer: If the applicant was granted leave as a dependant before 9 July 2012 and were on a route to settlement (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) they can combine their leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the Partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287. All other applicants must start the qualifying period again.
thanks MAAN , can yuo please share the link of that cover letter of FLRm that you mentioned
Also this means that even if the rules would have chanded as adependant tier you could not amalgamate.[/quote]

please amend this letter as per ur request

To, Date: <DD/MM/YYYY>

UK Border Agency

Leave to Remain - FLR(M)

PO Box 495

Durham

DH99 1WR

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to my partner Mr/Mrs <FirstName> <Surname>’s application for Further Leave to Remain FLR (M). I’ve recently applied for my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(O)/SET(LR) on <Application Date> by postal service bearing SPECIAL DELIVERY No: <XX XXXX XXXX XGB> and am awaiting decision from the UKBA. Please find enclosed a copy of my acknowledgement letter bearing Ref No: <ILXXXXXXXXXX/00X>.

Since, my partner’s Leave to Remain is about to expire and I haven’t heard anything on my application (as of now), she has left with no other option but to send her application no later than < Visa Expiry Date>. I hereby kindly request you to accept my partner <Firstname> <Surname>’s application and link his/her application with my SET(O)/SET(LR) application, as my passport and rest of the documents are with UKBA.

Could you please uphold his/her FLR (M) application until my SET(O)/SET(LR) application has been concluded. I shall update you as soon as I get a decision on my application.

Yours truly,

<Your Name>

HO Ref No: <Your Ref Number>

rsb68

Re:ilr approved

Post by rsb68 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 am

rsb68 wrote:
rsb68 wrote:Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:37 pm Post subject: Time line
Please update my application time line.
Application post set(LR) -18/11/2013
Received by home office -20/11/2013
Fees taken on- 22/11/2013
Acknowledgement leter received-26/11/2013 dated 22/11/2013
Biometric invitation -waiting
Biometric done-waiting
Approval letter and document -waiting
Biometric card- waiting
Please upto date my time line
Receive biometric invitation 03/01/2014 dated 30/12/2013
Biometric done 03/01/2014
Please upto date on sky drive with grace of god I received my document with approval letter today dated 19/03/2014

GOd Helps

Re: Re:ilr approved

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 am

rsb68 wrote:
rsb68 wrote:
rsb68 wrote:Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:37 pm Post subject: Time line
Please update my application time line.
Application post set(LR) -18/11/2013
Received by home office -20/11/2013
Fees taken on- 22/11/2013
Acknowledgement leter received-26/11/2013 dated 22/11/2013
Biometric invitation -waiting
Biometric done-waiting
Approval letter and document -waiting
Biometric card- waiting
Please upto date my time line
Receive biometric invitation 03/01/2014 dated 30/12/2013
Biometric done 03/01/2014
Please upto date on sky drive with grace of god I received my document with approval letter today dated 19/03/2014
congrats

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am

How can I withdraw my application for ILR. I think it will be safer to apply under PBS next year with my wife - 5 years seems a bit too much....

Also, am I correct in assuming that my current Tier 1 General leave will be valid after I withdraw my application?

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

hello everyone

I want to use GP letter as one of proof of cohabitation document,as me and my wife have same GP for more than 2 years now but we do change address can somebody share link for template GP letter.And any suggestion for wording of letter will be welcomed

thanks in advance.

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:12 pm

maaan143 wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:
\I APPLIED FOR ilr set (LR) IN JAN ,AWAITING DECISION, MY WIFE ON DEPENDENT TIER 4 CURRENTLY, IF WE APPLY FOR HER flrM BEFORE 6TH ARPRIL ,IT IS EXPECTED WE GET HER DECISION AFTER THAT, I UNDERSTAND SHE WILL BE UNDER 2 YEAR ROUTE ,BUT CAN SHE COMBINE HER LEAVE AS DEPENDANT TIER 4 TO QUALIFY FOR SETTLEMENT AFTER 6 APRIL AS NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN CLAUSE 287.

an email reply from UKVI

Question: Do dependants of PBS Migrants who apply for LTR as the Partner of a settled person begin their qualifying period again?

Answer: If the applicant was granted leave as a dependant before 9 July 2012 and were on a route to settlement (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) they can combine their leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the Partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287. All other applicants must start the qualifying period again.
thanks MAAN , can yuo please share the link of that cover letter of FLRm that you mentioned
Also this means that even if the rules would have chanded as adependant tier you could not amalgamate.

please amend this letter as per ur request

To, Date: <DD/MM/YYYY>

UK Border Agency

Leave to Remain - FLR(M)

PO Box 495

Durham

DH99 1WR

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to my partner Mr/Mrs <FirstName> <Surname>’s application for Further Leave to Remain FLR (M). I’ve recently applied for my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(O)/SET(LR) on <Application Date> by postal service bearing SPECIAL DELIVERY No: <XX XXXX XXXX XGB> and am awaiting decision from the UKBA. Please find enclosed a copy of my acknowledgement letter bearing Ref No: <ILXXXXXXXXXX/00X>.

Since, my partner’s Leave to Remain is about to expire and I haven’t heard anything on my application (as of now), she has left with no other option but to send her application no later than < Visa Expiry Date>. I hereby kindly request you to accept my partner <Firstname> <Surname>’s application and link his/her application with my SET(O)/SET(LR) application, as my passport and rest of the documents are with UKBA.

Could you please uphold his/her FLR (M) application until my SET(O)/SET(LR) application has been concluded. I shall update you as soon as I get a decision on my application.

Yours truly,

<Your Name>

HO Ref No: <Your Ref Number>[/quote]

this letter is for people who's dependent visa about to expire.(Since, my partner’s Leave to Remain is about to expire and I haven’t heard anything on my application (as of now), she has left with no other option but to send her application no later than < Visa Expiry Date>.)

in this section what shall i say for my dependent visa whic is expire feb 2016 . i can't say that my partner no option where still she got visa.

any advise pls will highly appreciated.

rsb68

Re:ilr approved

Post by rsb68 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Please upto date on sky drive with grace of god I received my document with approval letter today dated 19/03/2014[/quote]
congrats[/quote]
Thanks to every body in forum for help. Especially Gurus

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:25 pm

an email reply from UKVI

Answer: If the applicant was granted leave as a dependant before 9 July 2012 and were on a route to settlement (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) they can combine their leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the Partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287. All other applicants must start the qualifying period again.[/quote] [/quote]

Thanks Maan, Makes sense.. which is still extra trouble, Cheers.
Last edited by rmkirfan on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:29 pm

rmkirfan wrote:

an email reply from UKVI

Thanks Mann, Makes sense.. which is still extra trouble. Cheers.[/quote]

Does this mean that the dependants will still have to complete 5 years but the time spent as PBS dependant will count towards the 5 years residency period?

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:40 pm

malik15 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:

an email reply from UKVI

Thanks Mann, Makes sense.. which is still extra trouble. Cheers.
Does this mean that the dependants will still have to complete 5 years but the time spent as PBS dependant will count towards the 5 years residency period?[/quote]

Thats what I can understand from above statement. Please let me know if Im missing any thing here..

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Yes That's right Brother 17 March 2014 and send postal order. Did not receive any acknowledgement . Do you know how long does it take usually?
March_LR14 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:Send application on 17 March 2013.
Not got acknowledgement yet.

Good Luck everyone whos waiting for their application.
Hi hassan5805,

Did u mean 17 March 2014?

Thanks
Have a look at the below link. It will give you rough idea how many days it takes for acknowledgement and Bio invitation and also application processing times.
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Please keep us updated with your application progress as it will help other forum members.
I have applied on 19/03/2014 and used postal orders (its quicker) for payment. I am hoping i should receive acknowlegement letter by tuesday next week.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:14 pm

konprode wrote:Hi,

Can anyone please add my timeline to skydrive?

Application Sent: 03/03/2014
Ackn letter: 12/03/2014
Bio letter: 18/03/2014
Biometrics enroll: 20/03/2014

Thank you.
Hi Konprode,

I have added your details on skydrive.

Thanks

CKP

Post by CKP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Dear Gurus, advisor and friends I need some advise on following.

I came to this country on 3rd Jan 2005 on a student visa. My wife joined me as a student dependent on 3rd April 2005. I have changed my visa on July 2010 from Student to PSW (post study work) and my wife visa switched from student dependent to PSW dependent. My PSW visa was valid until July 2012. In July 2011 I applied for Tier 1 General which was approved but wife application was returned because she missed to sign in the form. She applied once again after 4 months and it was granted.

Now my question is when my wife applies for 10 year based ILR in April 2015 than her residency count as a broken or count as a continuous residency.

Waiting for you reply.
Thanks

PK_UK

10 years long residence applications

Post by PK_UK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:33 pm

hi
please add me to excel sheet with the following details

LR applied : 16/12/2013
ack ltr: 02/01/2014
BIO received and done: 15/01/2014
result: Awaiting

CKP

Post by CKP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Dear Gurus, advisor and friends I need some advise on following.

I came to this country on 3rd Jan 2005 on a student visa. My wife joined me as a student dependent on 3rd April 2005. I have changed my visa on July 2010 from Student to PSW (post study work) and my wife visa switched from student dependent to PSW dependent. My PSW visa was valid until July 2012. In July 2011 I applied for Tier 1 General which was approved but wife application was returned because she missed to sign in the form. She applied once again after 4 months and it was granted.

Now my question is when my wife applies for 10 year based ILR in April 2015 than her residency count as a broken or count as a continuous residency.

Waiting for you reply.
Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 pm

PK_UK wrote:hi
please add me to excel sheet with the following details

LR applied : 16/12/2013
ack ltr: 02/01/2014
BIO received and done: 15/01/2014
result: Awaiting
Hi,

I have added your details to SkyDrive.

Thanks

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

maaan143 wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:A QUESTION

an email reply from UKVI

I get so cross every time when a reply from a government official is misleading. It is written as if PBS dependents who were not on a route to settlement (e.g. dependents of of Tier 4 students or Tier 1 PSW) are not eligible to include their stay as PBS dependents into the 2 year qualifying period (old rules).

Relevant Points Based System Migrant is defined under 319AA as "a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant." This means para. 287 applies to partners of all these categories of migrant. Otherwise there's simply no need to change the immigration rules on 06/04/2014 and the interpretation would be that they cannot even switch to FLR(M) under current 284 (i).

Please refer to the very first post of this thread.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 pm

I get so cross every time when a reply from a government official is misleading. It is written as if PBS dependents who were not on a route to settlement (e.g. dependents of of Tier 4 students or Tier 1 PSW) are not eligible to include their stay as PBS dependents into the 2 year qualifying period (old rules).

Relevant Points Based System Migrant is defined under 319AA as "a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant." This means para. 287 applies to partners of all these categories of migrant. Otherwise there's simply no need to change the immigration rules on 06/04/2014 and the interpretation would be that they cannot even switch to FLR(M) under current 284 (i).

Please refer to the very first post of this thread.[/quote]

284 (b) the leave in question was granted to the applicant as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant (excluding a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) other than a private servant in a diplomatic household who applied to enter the UK before 6 April 2012 [color=#0040FF]or a Tier 4 (General) Student) and that spouse or partner is the same person in relation to whom the applicant is applying for an extension of stay under this rule[/color]

HI COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WAT THIS 284 MEANS FOR tIER 4 , THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING ME ,IF THIS IS MEANS WHAT I AMTHINKING EVEN NOW TIER 4 DEPOEDANT CANNT SWITCH .PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER THIS (INTERPRETATION OF VTHE ABOVE LAW ) THANKK YOU

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 pm

GOd Helps wrote: 284 (b) the leave in question was granted to the applicant as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant (excluding a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) other than a private servant in a diplomatic household who applied to enter the UK before 6 April 2012 [color=#0040FF]or a Tier 4 (General) Student) and that spouse or partner is the same person in relation to whom the applicant is applying for an extension of stay under this rule[/color]

HI COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WAT THIS 284 MEANS FOR tIER 4 , THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING ME ,IF THIS IS MEANS WHAT I AMTHINKING EVEN NOW TIER 4 DEPOEDANT CANNT SWITCH .PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER THIS (INTERPRETATION OF VTHE ABOVE LAW ) THANKK YOU
284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person
present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) the applicant has or was last granted limited leave to enter or remain in the United
Kingdom which was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules, other
than where as a result of that leave he would not have been in the United Kingdom
beyond 6 months from the date on which he was admitted to the United Kingdom on this
occasion
in accordance with these Rules, unless:

this means as long as the leave is valid for more than 6 months then it is fine.

if the leave is less than 6 months then...

(a) the leave in question is limited leave to enter as a fiancé or proposed civil
partner; or

it is also fine if it is a fiancé visa

(b) the leave in question was granted to the applicant as the spouse, civil partner,
unmarried or same-sex partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant
(excluding a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) other than a private servant in a
diplomatic household who applied to enter the UK before 6 April 2012 or a Tier 4
(General) Student) and that spouse or partner is the same person in relation to
whom the applicant is applying for an extension of stay under this rule; and

it is fine if it is a pbs dependent visa excluding tier 4 and tier 5.

meaning: there is no problem with tier 4 visa valid for more than 6 months.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi,

Any good news regarding approval today? It looks like HO is still dealing with November applications as none of the December applicants on this forum got a decision.

I was seriously hoping the way home office was working in Jan/Feb and prior to that it will bring the processing time down to 3 months but it looks like 6 months wait is on cards for me :(

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Everyone

Can someone please UPDATE my application status on sky drive

10 Years = 8 Years Student + 2 Years PSW Visa

Application Sent: 14/03/2014
Payment Taken: 17/03/2014( Credit Card Payment)
Ackn letter: 20/03/2014
Bio letter: Waiting
Biometrics enroll: Waiting

Best Regards
Ms Khan

rudy007
Newly Registered

Post by rudy007 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi guys following is my timeline

Date submitted 7/2/14
Bio invitation 20/02/14
Bio enrolled 25/2/14

Insha Allah hope will get a good reply soon Ameen

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 pm

rudy007 wrote:Hi guys following is my timeline

Date submitted 7/2/14
Bio invitation 20/02/14
Bio enrolled 25/2/14

Insha Allah hope will get a good reply soon Ameen
INSHALLAH we all will have a good day soon. Good luck to you Rudy and all Awaiting decision