ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation without BRP Card at NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uvalue90

Applying for Naturalisation without BRP Card at NCS

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:44 am

Hello Guys, Thank you in Advance....!!!!

I had my ILR - Set M approved 10th March 2014 in PEO Croydon. Very next day I booked my appointment for NCS for 19th March 2014, because I have lived in UK on Tier 1 General so I qualify to apply for Naturalisation right after getting ILR.

I have not received my BRP Card yet. I called the NCS on 18th March and explained her that I have not recieved my BRP card. She said if you have got the approval letter, that is sufficient so bring your all the other documents and approval letter.

I went to NCS centre yesterday and took all my documents including my ILR approval letter. She copied all the documents and she said Approval letter for ILR from Home office is fine, BRP card is not compulsory. I was like are you sure?? She goes to me that it is my everyday job so I am 100% sure.

Can any of you please shed some light on above???

Thank You

Regard's

sidhujazz

Re: Applying for Naturalisation without BRP Card at NCS

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:01 am

yes, she is right.

BRP card is not a requirement for this purpose, the IRL letter will certainly serve the purpose. Your status has already been changed to ILR on the UKBA system.

Just relax and start the waiting game for Naturalisation application.

Best wishes.

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:11 am

sidhujazz wrote:yes, she is right.

BRP card is not a requirement for this purpose, the IRL letter will certainly serve the purpose. Your status has already been changed to ILR on the UKBA system.

Just relax and start the waiting game for Naturalisation application.

Best wishes.
Hi Sidhujazz

Thank You for your Prompt reply.

I asked her to hold the application, until I receieve my BRP Card. She said that is fine I will hold the application for your satisfaction and as soon as you receive your BRP card, just bring it in and I will send the application.

Shall I ask her to send it without BRP Card than????

THank You

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 am

i personally would have sent it straightaway, it will save you some time for sure.

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:35 am

sidhujazz wrote:i personally would have sent it straightaway, it will save you some time for sure.

Thanks Sidhujazz

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 am

Any Second Opinion from other Senior Board Members????

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Any Answer ---Seniors Please????

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something here.. Isn't that you've to be on ILR for atleast 12 months before you apply for naturalization? I came to this country in Mar-2009 on Tier-1 (Gen) and Got my ILR on 7-Mar-2014... I think I can't straight away apply for ILR.. I think I need to wait for atleast 12 months. Is it correct?

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 pm

dilip_gem wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something here.. Isn't that you've to be on ILR for atleast 12 months before you apply for naturalization? I came to this country in Mar-2009 on Tier-1 (Gen) and Got my ILR on 7-Mar-2014... I think I can't straight away apply for ILR.. I think I need to wait for atleast 12 months. Is it correct?
Hi Dilip,

Your visa category is different. I was on spouse visa.

You need to wait for one year.

Jo1

Post by Jo1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm

I had a similar situation. Same visa cataorgy and lost my brp ILR card.

Applied for natuaralisation through ncs. Got approval yesterday.

Dr MS

Post by Dr MS » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 am

uvalue90 wrote:Hello Guys, Thank you in Advance....!!!!

I had my ILR - Set M approved 10th March 2014 in PEO Croydon. Very next day I booked my appointment for NCS for 19th March 2014, because I have lived in UK on Tier 1 General so I qualify to apply for Naturalisation right after getting ILR.

I have not received my BRP Card yet. I called the NCS on 18th March and explained her that I have not recieved my BRP card. She said if you have got the approval letter, that is sufficient so bring your all the other documents and approval letter.

I went to NCS centre yesterday and took all my documents including my ILR approval letter. She copied all the documents and she said Approval letter for ILR from Home office is fine, BRP card is not compulsory. I was like are you sure?? She goes to me that it is my everyday job so I am 100% sure.

Can any of you please shed some light on above???

Thank You

Regard's
Hi there,

I am sure she is right, I did exactly the same, applied immediately with the ILR approval letter, and I got the aknowlegment letter 3 days after submitting my application. Please send your application, and don't wait for the card. Also please don't forget to add your application timeline here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 14-20.html

Good luck!