ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Sucess at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dj_factor
Newly Registered

SET (M) Sucess at Croydon

Post by dj_factor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 am

Hello and thanks to all those people who helped me with my questions here. I would like to inform you all that My application was successful at the croydon office on 17th Feb.

My appointment was at 12 and i arrived at 11.30am on the dot. did the security check and then went to the waiting line for the payment details. Then they sent me to the payment counter and paid there and then they sent me to wait for my appointment number.

Well my tip to all or shall I say that my experience. Please dress appropriately and presentable as this makes a good impression on the caseworker. Have all your required documents well organized and a file thats presentable and easy to scroll through. In my case the lady on the other end welcomed me, asked me to give my application form and then said, please give me all your documents. I asked her, what all she wanted and when she saw my file, she was astonished or must I say shocked and then the next thing she said was, please give me 6 joint documents and since I didnt have 6 joint, I gave 3 joint and said i have the rest in my names and my wifes. So she said please give me 3 documents each from 2 years.

Since i had a lever arch file, everything was easy to show her on hand. Trust me, she didnt even look at the rest of the application form and just took the documents with her to photocopy and after 25 mins of the session she told me. Well you can relax and you have been granted the indefinate. Please collect your passport after 1 hr and thats it.

My tips to people, please please please keep all documents as required and to the point, no unnecessary documents needed. A letter from your employer, gp is always helpful as proof of address or id. If you have letters from H&m revenue that is also an additional proof. A mortgage letter is also good.

Never take any bills or statements which show outstanding payments or anything as such as these can cause problems.

This is my observations from what happened with people around me, so thought i would share. Anyways good luck to all and thanks for your help :)

chao

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 am

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, did she ask for your financial documents i.e bank statements payslips etc, are you guys claiming any benefits, did your partner attend with you.

All the best with Naturalisation now.

Regards

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Yes Ferrari, when the caseworker saw our files, she was just shocked, we could see from her face that she said 'GOD THEY ARE PREPARED' :D

Well she did ask for my bank statements, payslips and bills and she asked my wife for her paysllip and her bank statements. We never claimed any benefits so that was out of the question. Yes my partner also attended as it is very important if both you and your partner attend for the SET M or other Set applications as this does solve 25% of the case when you have your supporting partner with you. Well this is what we were told by our lawyer.

Thanks

suryavaddi

Re: SET (M) Sucess at Croydon

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm

dj_factor wrote:Hello and thanks to all those people who helped me with my questions here. I would like to inform you all that My application was successful at the croydon office on 17th Feb.

My appointment was at 12 and i arrived at 11.30am on the dot. did the security check and then went to the waiting line for the payment details. Then they sent me to the payment counter and paid there and then they sent me to wait for my appointment number.

Well my tip to all or shall I say that my experience. Please dress appropriately and presentable as this makes a good impression on the caseworker. Have all your required documents well organized and a file thats presentable and easy to scroll through. In my case the lady on the other end welcomed me, asked me to give my application form and then said, please give me all your documents. I asked her, what all she wanted and when she saw my file, she was astonished or must I say shocked and then the next thing she said was, please give me 6 joint documents and since I didnt have 6 joint, I gave 3 joint and said i have the rest in my names and my wifes. So she said please give me 3 documents each from 2 years.

Since i had a lever arch file, everything was easy to show her on hand. Trust me, she didnt even look at the rest of the application form and just took the documents with her to photocopy and after 25 mins of the session she told me. Well you can relax and you have been granted the indefinate. Please collect your passport after 1 hr and thats it.

My tips to people, please please please keep all documents as required and to the point, no unnecessary documents needed. A letter from your employer, gp is always helpful as proof of address or id. If you have letters from H&m revenue that is also an additional proof. A mortgage letter is also good.

Never take any bills or statements which show outstanding payments or anything as such as these can cause problems.

This is my observations from what happened with people around me, so thought i would share. Anyways good luck to all and thanks for your help :)

chao
hi dj,
could you please let us know that which visa you and your wife got before. And when did your wife joined with you.
Surya