ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Section 4

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonga

FLR (M) Section 4

Post by bonga » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi I have recently settled under long residence SET(LR) and my son born UK and already send document for british registration MN1 through nationality services ,)but not yet receive any acknowledge letter or confirmation.
in these situation as my spouse visa going to expire, I have booked PEO this week.
As I knew that children born UK , after settled parents or one of them they are eligible for registration. but at present are the child out of immigration control? My query do I have to fill up Section 4. ?

please advice then that will be great.

Thanks

RANA-ALI

Re: FLR (M) Section 4

Post by RANA-ALI » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi bonga g , i reckon u should fill it and in cover note write that u have already applied mn1
Read below aakko story which would help u decide
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 58515.html

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Just fill the section 4 till 4.3 or more according to your situation and then in 4.9 just write we already register our child as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and got my ILR in Croydon peo without any question.leave all other question as don't fill children detail.
ss

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Just fill the section 4 till 4.3 or more according to your situation and then in 4.9 just write we already register our child as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and got my ILR in Croydon peo without any question.leave all other question as don't fill children detail.

Thanks Rana ands SSWSz ...really appreciated..

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:57 pm

bonga wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Just fill the section 4 till 4.3 or more according to your situation and then in 4.9 just write we already register our child as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and got my ILR in Croydon peo without any question.leave all other question as don't fill children detail.

Hi SSWSZ in that case what you had selected in Section 7.2 without dependent 18600/ or with dependent 22400 or whatever applied...

Please let me know than that will be helpful
Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 pm

As I came under old rules I never fill section 7A .i only fill 7B as for now there is no financial requirement for dependents who were here before July 2012

bonga wrote:
bonga wrote:

Hi SSWSZ in that case what you had selected in Section 7.2 without dependent 18600/ or with dependent 22400 or whatever applied...

Please let me know than that will be helpful
Regards
ss

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:24 pm

SSWSZ wrote:As I came under old rules I never fill section 7A .i only fill 7B as for now there is no financial requirement for dependents who were here before July 2012
HI again
Nice to find you here as I am going tomorrow Crydon PEO for spouse flr(m) who was/is tire 4 PBS dependent beofre July 2012 and now ...I have ILR trough set (lr) LR. The Senior in the forum suggest me 7B only but home office confused me over phone that I have to go through 7A. Did they ask you regarding finance?/
Do you have any idea regarding pls let me know ..is my spouse will be under old rule ...

Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:00 pm

same thing they told me but this mail save me and they issue me both flr and set m same day in croydon

Family Ops Policy Mailbox (FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)Add to contacts 09/01/2014
To: 'sa@hotmail.com'
Cc: Family Ops Policy Mailbox
Picture of Family Ops Policy Mailbox
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Sent: 14 December 2013 20:31
To: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox; Public Enquiries (CD)
Subject: ILR QUERY

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now

My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

bonga wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:As I came under old rules I never fill section 7A .i only fill 7B as for now there is no financial requirement for dependents who were here before July 2012
HI again
Nice to find you here as I am going tomorrow Crydon PEO for spouse flr(m) who was/is tire 4 PBS dependent beofre July 2012 and now ...I have ILR trough set (lr) LR. The Senior in the forum suggest me 7B only but home office confused me over phone that I have to go through 7A. Did they ask you regarding finance?/
Do you have any idea regarding pls let me know ..is my spouse will be under old rule ...

Thanks
ss

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 pm

SSWSZ ...I am pleased to say you THANK YOU VERY MUCH to share such ..

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm

SSWSZ wrote:same thing they told me but this mail save me and they issue me both flr and set m same day in croydon
Thanks SSWSZ and Amber and others..who shared the ideas and advices ..My spouse just received FLR(m) from Croydon PEO, without any single question..I have filled up Section 4 as necessary and Section 7B ...now waiting to LIUK to be finish next week and apply SET(m) soon after ...

Cheers

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 am

Thanks SSWSZ and Amber and others..who shared the ideas and advices ..My spouse just received FLR(m) from Croydon PEO, without any single question..I have filled up Section 4 as necessary and Section 7B ...now waiting to LIUK to be finish next week and apply SET(m) soon after ...

Cheers
congrats mate, all the best
by the way if you like plz share your peo experience as well(lik..did they ask u any question or did u have to explain rules...
cheers

bonga

Post by bonga » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:40 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:

Cheers
congrats mate, all the best
by the way if you like plz share your peo experience as well(lik..did they ask u any question or did u have to explain rules...
cheers
no they didn't and did it quite very good time . ..how ever I can suggest to provide them sufficient supporting doc ....to ease them to process (but not unnecessary ) relevant such as payslip/bank statement. /tarency agrmtt /child crt/ mrg crt/..anything you might think and also as per guide/ form asked . they will pic what ever hey need other wise they will ask and will cost more time and explanation..I have also written a FW letter with mentioned date she was outside Uk rather than they will look for it is there any more than 6 month, and why not child not included and anything you might think need the explain to quick understand...