ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 restricted cos , please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smodi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 restricted cos , please help

Post by smodi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am working in an company in London and my current visa status is Tier 2 Dependant. My employer is happy to sponsor me for Tier 2 General. They have already put the labour market test and will make an restricted cos request soon.

Now my question is : Is UKBA will raise an issue that I am already working with the employer and then employer is making an tier 2 cos request. I am asking this because we have to mention start date in the restricted cos request which implies that I am starting but actually I am already working.

Please ask me if you are not clear with my question.

Regards,
smodi

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 restricted cos , please help

Post by iworker » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am

first thing is it wont create a problem that u are already working for them.
secondly, the start date on cos is not the start date of ur job, but the start of the date from which they want to sponsor u. also, u do not necessarily have to disclose that you are working for them.
If RLMT is correctly done, and u are given a restricted cos, all u need to do is go back to home country and apply for tier 2 general visa from there. if u are not maintaining £900 already for 3 months, suggest ask your employer to tick while assigning the cos that they will support your maintenance.

smodi
Newly Registered

Post by smodi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 am

Thank you iworker. Have a great day

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Can we go back and apply from home country if we are switching from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 general? Is the 12 month cooling-off period required only for those people who are on Tier 2 General and have to leave the country?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 am

there is no cooling period for dependents.
once u have ur own tier 2, and when the main applicant who is currently on tier 2 reaches the limit, he/she can switch to be a dependent of urs.