ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st Time Entry restriction after Stamping

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

1st Time Entry restriction after Stamping

Post by AkashS » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi,

I got HSMP Visa in March 2007 (Valid till March 2009). I am still in my Home Country (India) as I am waiting for an offer before I go there. However I could not get any as of now.

I have a small doubt. One of my friends, who is in the UK (on Work Permit), was saying, he heard that after getting HSMP Visa, you must visit UK within within 6 months of time, even for a single day. He was saying that your entry in the UK is necessary at least one time, otherwise they will disqualify you and you cannot enter in the UK on that Visa.

My feeling is that it should not be the case as on Visa it is clearly mentioned that Visa is valid for 2 years and entry type is multiple.

Can anyone pls confrim the same? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:04 am

No reply. Pls reply my friends...

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:08 am

I think the 2 years relates to the length of time that an HSMP person is allowed to stay in the UK initially.

A page of FAQs in the BIA website has this question and answer:
16. How long have I got, after a successful application decision, to enter the UK?
You must apply for Entry Clearance at a British Embassy within your own country and within 6 months from the
date of your approval letter.
The FAQs page can be found here.

----

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:59 am

The more important question here is....what's the point of waiting in India for a job offer in the UK if you already have your HSMP visa?

If I was you I would get on the first plane to the UK and start looking for a job! How on earth is anyone going to hire you if they can't meet you face to face?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Dawie wrote:The more important question here is....what's the point of waiting in India for a job offer in the UK if you already have your HSMP visa?

If I was you I would get on the first plane to the UK and start looking for a job! How on earth is anyone going to hire you if they can't meet you face to face?
I agree. Recruiters are reluctant to deal with people in the EU for UK work let alone another continent. It is very challenging for me to field and consider job offers in the UK when I do secondment work for a UK company for work with a Dutch cient

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Akash,

I would suggest to come to UK to look for a job..I have few friends like you (with HSMP , but sitting in India/USA).But they dont get any calls, even if they do get calls and agents find out that u r out of country, they hang up on you.
So ideally you shd. be in UK to be seriously considered(or if you have some rare skill, then they might wait ).
HAving said that , i know it is very risky to leave your job and come to a new country,but i feel thet UK market is competative and agents want some one physically present in UK to forward their CVs.
HTH
Ashish

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:05 pm

I was in a similar situation. I set up a string of job interviews from outside the UK, took a weeks holiday and came over to see them all.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Dawie wrote:The more important question here is....what's the point of waiting in India for a job offer in the UK if you already have your HSMP visa?

I completely agree with you all. But my wife does not want me to go there without an offer... I know I'll never get a chance to get an offer while I am in India but I cannot help myself.. In fact, I am so frustrated that I want to destroy my Passport.. NO Passport. No Travel. No Cry :(

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 pm

ashishashah wrote:Akash,

I would suggest to come to UK to look for a job..I have few friends like you (with HSMP , but sitting in India/USA).But they dont get any calls, even if they do get calls and agents find out that u r out of country, they hang up on you.
So ideally you shd. be in UK to be seriously considered(or if you have some rare skill, then they might wait ).
HAving said that , i know it is very risky to leave your job and come to a new country,but i feel thet UK market is competative and agents want some one physically present in UK to forward their CVs.
HTH
Ashish
Hi Ashish. Thnx for your words but I am not sure if I'll be able to come there. I am in to Ethical Hacking/ Information Security as I have a Degree in Computer Security from UK itself. And I also believe this is one of the rarest skills as of now... Not sure what to do :(

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:44 pm

tekaweni wrote:I was in a similar situation. I set up a string of job interviews from outside the UK, took a weeks holiday and came over to see them all.
Hi. Did you get Job Offer from those interviews or you are back to India now...

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Its a numbers game, the more interviews you set up the better your chance of finding a good job.

I went to 5 or 6 interviews and got 2 offers. Employers are generally prepared to do long distance phone interviews ahead of a face-to-face meeting, but you're massively unlikely to get an offer until they've seen you in person.

Take a chance, jump in! Good luck.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten