ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 Application Checklist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marronery
Newly Registered

EEA 2 Application Checklist

Post by marronery » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello. Im an American married to an EU national (Spain.) First of all, are same-sex marriages recognized in the UK with UKBA in the same way as they are in Spain and other parts of EU? Second, I am a few days away from sending in my application and want to see from some seasoned immigration readers whether or not my application seems complete and sufficient:

Cover Letter - what exactly is acceptable? Explaining our relationship, how we met, what our plans are in The UK, etc?
2 Passports (US, España)
3 months wage slips of partner
Contract from partner employer
Letter from partner employer
Certified HO Translation Copy of Marriage Certificate (and original in Spanish.)
3 months bank statements (separate accounts but both showing several transfers between each account, etc)
3 months credit card statements
Council Tax Bill
Several months bank statements from Spain where we have also lived and were married.
Tenancy Agreement (12 months,living with two friends - is this a problem?)
Both Mobile Contracts (but with previous temporary UK address)
Gas/Electric Bill (in my name)
BT Bill (In my name)
Thames Water Bill (in his name)
Hundreds of receipts from purchases
3-5 photos from the last year or so together
Emails of employer interest and application (me)
Letter from Private Insurer with certification that we are both covered by Comprehensive Health Insurance
Return Envelope with Express Certified Postage for Return of Documents

Are NHS letters required or does the Private Insurance certificate cover that? Also, is there anything else that anyone has included that would help with a positive application process. I am here on a visitors visa as Madrid has very limited appointments for EEA Family Permits and we had to come for him to start working. UKBA at Gatwick assured me this would not be a problem for a positive resolution for an EEA2 application. We are both in our mid twenties and are looking for advice. Should I include a resume with work and education history from The U.S. and abroad? Etc. Any help - albeit many times already stated on this forum would be greatly appreciated. Regards!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA 2 Application Checklist

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Way too much paperwork for such a simple application.

If the EEA national is working then employment contract or 3 months payslip is enough + passports + marriage certificate.

That's all.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

marronery
Newly Registered

Post by marronery » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Always good to think thoroughly I suppose. Ok, thanks.

So 2 passports
Employer Information (wage slips, NI, letter)
bank statement?
No Utility or Council Tax bills?
marriage certificate
cover letter

you think those documents are sufficient enough?

Thanks !

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes. Make the application simple. Check the form for evidence required. Please note the use of OR and FOR EXAMPLE when reading the form.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:09 am

There is a list of the required documents on the application form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6/eea2.pdf

You don't need to provide much extra!

Out of interest, when did you get married? If it's more than 2 years ago, I don't think you will have any issues (so no need to provide any other info re: the authenticity of your marriage).

marronery
Newly Registered

Post by marronery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:23 pm

We have been married almost seven months.