ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying Tier1 extension to 10 Year residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rommy

Varying Tier1 extension to 10 Year residence

Post by rommy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all the horror stories here about people varying their application and UKBA messing it up. I currently have Tier1 application with UKBA which I am planning to vary to 10 year LR.

I am hoping to learn from experience of people who have already done so I can do this in best way possible.

1. I should be using Set LR application form to make my LR application and attach a cover letter to explain it?

2. I have seen the form and there is no option to specify that I have already paid the fees i.e the fees for Tier 1 extension. So does that mean I have to fill the payment details with my new application? To me this is the most tricky part.

3. Any other useful tips you guys can think of in this scenario.

4. Just to make sure I send my application for LR on correct date. I came to UK on 05/10/2003. so it means my 10 year will complete at 05/10/2013. As per my understanding I can make application 28 days before 10 year completion. So is it ok to make my applicaiton on 07/09/13?

Thanks a lot guys for your help in this matter.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 am

Yes, you can apply from 28 days before your 10 years completes.

You should include a cover letter and be clear to state that you wish to vary the in time application and that they should only charge you the difference in fees as per their guide (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Re: SET LR documents to provide

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 am

rommy wrote:Good evening everyone,

I need some help preparing my SET LR application. I have gone through the form and they have listed quiet a lot of documents in section 4. Are any of these documents essentail apart from Passport, previous BRP and life in UK test? Any need of bank statement etc?

As UKBA already have my tier 1 extension application with them, I do not have my passport with me. So essentially I will send my Set LR form, new pictures, life in UK test and a cover letter to explain the variation of application.

Please let me know if I am missing anything?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rommy

Re: SET LR documents to provide

Post by rommy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 am

vinny wrote:
rommy wrote:Good evening everyone,

I need some help preparing my SET LR application. I have gone through the form and they have listed quiet a lot of documents in section 4. Are any of these documents essentail apart from Passport, previous BRP and life in UK test? Any need of bank statement etc?

As UKBA already have my tier 1 extension application with them, I do not have my passport with me. So essentially I will send my Set LR form, new pictures, life in UK test and a cover letter to explain the variation of application.

Please let me know if I am missing anything?
Thank you Vinny and sorry about that. I thought this time the question was about the documents needed to be sent with application hence I started a new thread.

Can you please kindly confirm the documents I will need to send with Set LR application as section 4 on the form is causing confusion for me.

rommy

Post by rommy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 am

Anyone?

migrant80

Re:

Post by migrant80 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:13 pm

rommy wrote:Anyone?
dear friend
have u got any update regarding ur variation?plz inform me. as i m also trying to vary my application from tier1 ent to SET LR but home office have returned my SET LR form saying payment detail page not filled.thanks

rommy

Re: Re:

Post by rommy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:20 pm

migrant80 wrote:
rommy wrote:Anyone?
dear friend
have u got any update regarding ur variation?plz inform me. as i m also trying to vary my application from tier1 ent to SET LR but home office have returned my SET LR form saying payment detail page not filled.thanks
Rensend your application and attach the correct payment with set lr application as they will only process it if you make full payment for it. Attach a cover letter to explain the variation and hopefully they will vary your application before a decision is made on initial application.

Once you have received your decision than you can write to ukba to refund the money for original application.

Good luck

migrant80

Re: Varying Tier1 extension to 10 Year residence

Post by migrant80 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 pm

thanks for your reply i really appreciate it.