ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vj121212
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Post by vj121212 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for my Tie-1 Visa extension, but I have some concerns regarding my maintenance of fund requirement.
I would be applying for myself as main applicant and my wife as dependent, now as per the clause I need to maintain minimum of 900+600 = 1500 for consecutive last 90 days.
I have in my UK personal savings account not mentained above for last 2 months, but my wifes account does have 600+ always for last 90 days so my query is basically
Could I show my Indian Savings NRE account which always had more than 900+ pounds equivalent as the minimum requirement which covers myself and for my wife I can show her UK personal savings account statement for maintenance of fund which always had 600+ for last 90 days.

Just don't want to take any chances, any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Seneca

Re: Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Post by Seneca » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 am

That should suffice if can it can be proved beyond any doubt. And so your task is to make easy for caseworker explaining and provide as much details as possible of this fund.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:35 am

Hi
I am going for a Tier 1 visa extension (second) and I have been maintaining more than the required funds for the last 4 months for 4 applicants (1 primary and 3 dependants). I am planning to use the same funds for making a PEO appointment in the next 7 days. Given that they are asking for the entire money (£6522) up front, I require clarification on the below from the guidance sheet -

"Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no more than 31 days before the date of application"

Does this mean, I would still meet the requirement on maintenance fund even though on the date of visa appointment my balance in the account would be significantly lower than the required amount as I would have used it to pay for my premium fees?

Appreciate an early response on my query from the moderators or anyone that has gone through similar experience.

Thanks
Kannan

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:13 am

Guys
Can anyone help with my above query? Appreciate your support

Thanks

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 am

162. Where you are providing evidence of
maintenance from a single account, we will
always assess the funds available to you from
the closing balance given on the document
provided.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Thank you. I have made other arrangements to pay for my premium fees so that the maintenance funds account do not get disturbed.

cheers

kiranh21
Newly Registered

Post by kiranh21 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi,

I am maintaing funds required in my account for me and my wife (more than £1500) for atleast 6 months.
But during a particular time in a day, my balance went to £1100, but received money from other account the same day.
My end of balance is more than £2000 for the last 6 months.
However, at one particular time, it went to less than the required £1500.

So, will ukba consider end of day balance for last 90 days or the amount should be in account at any time during the last 90 days.
I have enough money in other account on that particular day. can I show that as proof of funds for that day?

Thanks in advance.

Kiran.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Kiran
The fact that the money taken out from your primary account was replenished on the same day shouldn't cause any issues. Especially, if your end of day balance is above the minimum required. Also, you can show the maintenance funds from multiple accounts. The only condition is it should be in your name solely or jointly.

Hope that clarifies.

Fellow hubbers,
Kindly correct the above if wrong

Thanks
kannan