ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Case - Maintenance Funds / Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddtrim361
Newly Registered

ILR Case - Maintenance Funds / Dependent

Post by siddtrim361 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa, I've first got my Tier 1 General Migrant Visa back in 27-07-09, then in July 2012 I've applied for Tier 1 General Migrant extension and got visa till 17-11-2014. My wife is from Pakistan, I've applied for her visa as a Tier 1 General Partner back in July 2013, she got her visa the same month in July 2013, and she arrived in UK on 3rd September 2013, her visa will expire the same date as mine on 17-11-2014. I have few questions to ask, which are below.

1. Am I eligible to apply for my own ILR after 1st July 2014. If so, is there any maintenance funds I need to show in my bank.
2. If I need to provide maintenance funds, is it ok if I show savings in my other bank account on my Name (WHICH IS NOT THE SALARY ACCOUNT), or is it mandatory that savings needs to be shown on the Main salary account.
3. Because my wife visa is expiring on 17-11-2014, and given the condition that I qualify for ILR in July 2014, would it be a good idea for me to apply for a premium(window)service in July 2014, so that I can get the ILR visa same day, and Once I get my ILR, then I would have plenty of time for my wife to apply for her visa extension.
4. Let us suppose if I get my ILR(Settlement) visa in July/Aug 2014, then what form my wife need to fill in, will it be FLR(M) or FLR(O), the reason why I am confused, is because I went to a solicitor who mentioned me that I could post my application for ILR in August 2014 along with my wife, I need to fill in SET(O) and she need to fill in FLR(O), when I check form FLR(O), it seems to be a form to be filled out by spouse/partner of someone who is not on PBS(Point based System), by my Tier 1 General is on PBS and my ILR which I will apply will be PBS as well. Does my wife need to register for an English test, she already did IELTS General and got 4 .0 in Reading, 5.0 in Listening, 5.0 in Speaking, 6.0 in Writing, Overall Band 5. But is she still need any other English test.
5. Given the condition that I do have time till 17-11-2014 to apply for my ILR, if I send my application for ILR by post on august 2014 along with my wife FLR(M or O), do I need to show maintenance funds of £900(MySelf) + £1800(For my Wife) = £2700 for last 90 consecutive days, or is it £900(MySelf)+£600(For my Wife) = £1500 for last 90 consecutive days, or because my wife came in UK on 3rd September 2013, if I apply late in September for Me and my wife then I could show £1500 Maintenance funds as My wife will be here more than 12 Months.
6. My Wife is pregnant and our child is due in late July 2014, shall I apply for my ILR before my child's birth, so that he will be entitled for British Citizenship, or shall I apply after my child's birth as I've heard that if any of the parent becomes settled then child will be entitled for British Citizenship through form MN1. If I apply for settlement after child is born, then do I need to include my child in ILR application.

Note: I am really confused, If anyone could answer these questions, or if anyone could give their expert advice what shall I do, and how I could make my application better and when to apply.

Malik44

Re: ILR Case - Maintenance Funds / Dependent

Post by Malik44 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 am

1- Yes you can apply on or after 1st July . there is no maintenance fund requirement for ILR application.
2- No maintenance Required
3- Yes you can apply at the same time over the window and also can apply later as well in both situation your wife will fill FLR(M) form.
4 you need to apply FLR(M) for your wife and with reference to your wife ielts test it seem alright if it is valid.
5- As previously answered you don't need maintenance requirement for your Set(O) and for your wife Flr(M) application.
6- its very good if you get your settlement before your child birth. because if any either father or Mother have ILR visa before child birth than child will straight away eligible for apply British Passport.
and if child born before your settlement than child will apply Naturalization Certificate 1st and once get Naturalization Certificate than he/she can apply British Passport and its cost you more.
Note You don't need to include your child application with your ILR application if you apply after your child birth.

Overall in your situation If I am in your place I will apply for my Set(O) and Flr(M) application for my Wife in July over the window for peace of mind. and later straight way apply for British Citizenship for child.

siddtrim361
Newly Registered

Post by siddtrim361 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated :) :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi,

I believe this is an old thread but SIDDTRIM361 bro, I believe by now you have applied for your ILR and must have got it as well (inshAllah). I am a bit confused regarding the reply of one person (Malik44) who states that "No Maintenance" is required to be shown, however, as far as I know, from 1st Dec 2013, UKBA has put in place Maintenance requirement for all the applicants. Since you've gone through the process, can you please let me know if there is any Maintenance required for this process.

Thanks and I hope you read it and reply back.
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

anthony1234
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 (g) for 2 months old dependent

Post by anthony1234 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello experts

I have a ilr due in December 2014 based on tier 1 general. my wife is pregnant and my baby
will be 2 months old by the time i would be able to book window booking for ilr.
I am confused that if i would need to apply for my baby as well as dependent, and my wife just came from india 3 months ago.
i would greatly appreciate the answers.

yours sincerely
anthony