ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval - British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adojay

Approval - British Citizenship

Post by Adojay » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi All,

I applied for naturalization in February this year for myself, wife and a child. I just received letters of approval today for my wife and child, but none for myself. This has now cut short the joy we were hoping to derive from this. I am worried that something might not be right, as I expected all letters to arrive at the same time since the application was a joint one.

Has there been any such experience from members where letters of approval for joint application for naturalisation or even ILR arrived at different times in the post?

Please find more information below;

Eligibility criteria: 2 years (HSMP) + 3 years (Tier-1 Visa)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): NARIC
Current nationality: Prefer not to say
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Council name if NCS used: Manchester City Council
Date of application: 03/02/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/02/2014
Date of aknowledgement: Received 15/02/2014 but surprisingly, letter dated 06/02/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/02/2014
Date approval received: Received approval letters today, 22/03/2014 dated 19th March for wife and child, but none for me yet
Date of ceremony:

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval - British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:44 pm

It could be a delay with Royal Mail. I would suggest you wait a couple of days to see if yours is delivered next week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:It could be a delay with Royal Mail. I would suggest you wait a couple of days to see if yours is delivered next week.
Yes CR001, you were definitely right. It was indeed a delay from Royal Mail. I can confirm I have now received my approval letter.

Thank you for your kind response.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 pm

congratulations man.

really quick approval within 6 weeks. one of the quick ones i have to say.