ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirements for FLR(M) + SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

special_member
Newly Registered

English Requirements for FLR(M) + SET(M)

Post by special_member » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 pm

I would like to apply FLR(M) + SET(M) for my wife before the rules changes on 6 April 2014. She needs to do B1 (or Grade 5) which she is hoping to do next week. Now the problem is that the test certificate can take up to 14 days to arrive but we do not have enough time left before the rules change. Can we apply for FLR (M) based on the English language test results which we will be given on the test day? For info. I am an ILR holders based on 10 years residence and my wife came into the country before 2012.

special_member
Newly Registered

Re: English Requirements for FLR(M) + SET(M)

Post by special_member » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 am

Can someone please shed some light on this and help me.
Many thanks!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:02 am

English B1 cover all

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 am

rules changes on 6 April 2014?
special_member wrote:I would like to apply FLR(M) + SET(M) for my wife before the rules changes on 6 April 2014. She needs to do B1 (or Grade 5) which she is hoping to do next week. Now the problem is that the test certificate can take up to 14 days to arrive but we do not have enough time left before the rules change. Can we apply for FLR (M) based on the English language test results which we will be given on the test day? For info. I am an ILR holders based on 10 years residence and my wife came into the country before 2012.

special_member
Newly Registered

Post by special_member » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

[quote="esmsi"]rules changes on 6 April 2014?

Please check this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1005433
Last edited by special_member on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

special_member
Newly Registered

Post by special_member » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks for your answers, but my questions remains there that can I apply for FLR(M) using premium service and show the GESE Grade 5 test results only if I do not have the full certificate? Time is not on our side :(

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 am

Yes you can apply with that .as when I sit for my exam on the day of exam they gave me candidate number on a paper with test centre detail and confirm that if you have to apply for visa then you can submit this as proof .and also on ho site it's say that those applying after April 13 their result will be checked online on Cambridge site .so don't worry you are fine with proof .
ss

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Where can I get more info about sitting these exams? Test Sites and booking details would help.

At the moment I'm looking to book a test with http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/
But their exams are fairly expensive. I was hoping there might be cheaper option. Any advice?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:50 pm

After home office site change I can't find that link of approved test centres .maybe some else will help you
ss

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:33 pm

The reason I ask is because most tests are just way to elaborate and I think will be too daunting for my wife. IELTS/TOEFL/ESOL tests. However, these GESE Grade 5 exams run by "Trinity College London" are just a 10minute conversation which I think is about the right for what my wife might be able to handle.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Please read carefully and please remember to bring in your topic form, duly filled in. You can find this along with further information by visiting www.theenglishacademy.co.uk and pressing on B1

Fiona Mamane
Director of Studies

The English Academy
City House,
1st Floor
9 Cranbrook Road,
Ilford, Essex, IG1 4DU
Tel: 0208 514 8800 / 0774 953 8061
Email:theenglishacademy@hotmail.com

This is trinity college centre where my friend sit for exam and pass same day
ss

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Home office require certificate for all the trinity exams which you'll be able to get in 7-12 working days. Only Pearson exams or cambridge ESOL level 3, you can provide the test result as Home office will be able to verify the results online. here is the booklet for all the acceptable tests.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -tests.pdf