ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jojo351

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by jojo351 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Dear all,

has to remain cautious optimism,

my solicitor call this morning saying that Home Office is ask for the original Biometric Card and Police registration.

One gap for ILR application last November,
Pre Actiontion letter was sent on December 2013 and at beginning of Feb Home office sent a letter to my solicitor and said they are now reconsider the case.

After about 5 weeks Home simply sent a letter to my solicitor and say it would be grateful to have the original BRP and two Police Registration Certificates.

Would anyone had similar experience and mind shed some light please?

My question is: after reconsideration, why would UKBA ask for Biometric Card (current still has T2 valid visa on it) and Police Certificates?

If anyone has experience with reconsideration process, will the outcome be announced first?

Much appreciate to any reply.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:44 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:Send application on 17 March 2013.
Not got acknowledgement yet.

Good Luck everyone whos waiting for their application.
Hi hassan5805,

have u received your acknowledgement letter yet?

Thanks
Hi you ok Brov.. No i was expecting today but hvnt recieved anything yet .. dont know how long will they take..but hope for good did u recieve??
No i sent my application on wednesday so it is too early to receive acknowledgement. I hope i will get it next week sometime.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:02 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Hi everyone.

do anybody know Home Office accept special delivery on saturday?

thanks in advance
Thanks for diverting the attention to 6th of april 2014. Its sunday so we need to send our application by 3rd of april to make sure.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:15 pm

msmussaf wrote:

thanks in advance
Thanks for diverting the attention to 6th of april 2014. Its sunday so we need to send our application by 3rd of april to make sure.
ur welcome t 6th is sunday,5th of April is Saturday we have 2 days less.do somebody know Home office accept deliveries on Saturday that will be great help if somebody have experience or they know about that

thanks

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:46 pm

msmussaf wrote:

thanks in advance

you can send on saturday 05 april, they consider your post date not recieve date.

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 am

DEAR GURUS, MODERATORS AND FRIENDS, SPECIALLY VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA...

AS ALL OF YOU KNOW I'M A LONG TIME MEMBER OF THIS FORUM & I GOT MY ILR END OF FEBRUARY 2014. THIS FORUM IS SO HELPFUL. EVERYONE IS HELPING EACH OTHERS & THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF THIS FORUM. AFTER READING EVERYONE CONCERN ABOUT THEIR DEPENDANTS ABOUT THE NEW RULE WHICH IS KICKING ON 6TH APRIL 2014. GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN AS I'M A QUITE STUPID ABOUT IMMIGRATION LAW !

I'VE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT IN ONE OF PEO WHICH IS END OF THIS WEEK. I'VE FILLUP FLR(M) & SET(M) THOUGH I'VE DONE THE APPOINTMENT BOOKING UNDER SETTLEMENT. MY WIFE IS WITH ME IN UK SINCE JULY 2009 & CURRENTLY SHE'S STILL UNDER TIER4 DEPENDANT & HER TIER4 DEPENDANT VISA EXPIRING END OF APRIL 2014. UNDER THESE SITUATION, I'VE ALREADY BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR HER EXTENSION/SETTLEMENT. VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ, COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I'M AT THE PEO FOR HER APPOINTMENT. SHOULD I HANDOVER FLR(M) OR SET(M)? IF THEY DON'T ACCEPT HER SET(M) DIRECTLY THEN CAN I APPLY FLR(M) FIRST ON THAT DAY & THEN SET(M) ON THE SAME DAY? IF THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE CAN I APPLY FOR HER SE(M) NEXT DAY? AS TIME IS RUNNING OUT VERY FAST I WANT TO FINISH THIS BEFORE 6TH APRIL 2014 SO THAT SHE DOEN'T HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 YEARS/5 YEARS FOR HER SETTLEMENT. I KNOW SOMEONE IS VERY LUCK & GOT THEIR DEPENDANT ILR ON THE SAME DAY THROUGH SET(M). GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN , AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO THEM LIKE RULES & REGULATIONS ETC. I KNOW ALL OF THEM WERE WELL PREPARED ABOUT IT BUT I'VE NO IDEA ABOUT IT. YOU GUYS HELP ME EVERY SINGLE STEPS OF MY ILR APPLICATION & ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU IN MY PRAYERS.PLEASE LET LET ME KNOW IN EASY PLAIN ENGLISH SO THAT I CAN AT LEAST HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH THE CASE WORKER.PLEASE PROVIDE ME ANY REFERENCE, MAIL FROM UKVI, LAW & REGULATIONS ETC, SO THAT I PRINT THEM & TAKE WITH MY FOR PROOFS.
MOREOVER AS YOU KNOW SHE IS HERE SINCE JULY 2009 AS TIER4 DEPENDANT , I DON'T THINK I NEED TO SHOW THEM £18600 , BUT I HAVE SAVINGS ABOUT THAT MUCH WHICH I GOT FROM PARENTS. SHOULD I SHOW THEM HOW MUCH IN OUR BANK ACCOUNTS? SHE RECENTLY FINISHED HER MBA FROM A UK UNIVERSITY & GOT HER CERTIFICATE IN LAST MONTH & I DON'T THINK SHE HAS TO SEND IT TO NARIC FOR VERIFICATION BECAUSE SHE WAS STUDIED IN LONDON & THE COURSE TAUGHT & RESEARCH IN ENGLISH. SHE ALSO DONE HER LIUK TEST RECENTLY.

GUYS WE ALL ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, MAY BE SOME ONE'S CASES ARE A BIT DIFFERENT THAN EACH OTHERS. END OF THE DAY ANY SINGLE PIECES OF INFORMATION IS QUITE VITAL FOR EACH INDIVIDUALS.PLEASE HELP ME & I BADLY NEED YOUR HELP. AND THOSE WHO R WAITING FOR YOUR APPROVAL, PLEASE BE PATIENCE & KEEP PRAYING, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH. UKVI SERVICE IS MUCH SPEEDY & BETTER THAN BEFORE. EVERYONE SHOULD GOT THEIR APPROVAL BY 18-20 WEEKS.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:54 am

malik15 wrote:

Hi Malik,

Your acknowledgment letter says how to withdraw your application.
Thanks for you reply.

I'm still waiting for acknowledgment. Can you please commnet on whether it will impact my existing leave or not. I don't want that to be cancelled!
No, it wont have any impact on current status. you may have to wait until you acknowledgment letter for you ref no and instructions. don't worry.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 am

londonbd2013 wrote:DEAR GURUS, MODERATORS AND FRIENDS, SPECIALLY VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA...

AS ALL OF YOU KNOW I'M A LONG TIME MEMBER OF THIS FORUM & I GOT MY ILR END OF FEBRUARY 2014. THIS FORUM IS SO HELPFUL. EVERYONE IS HELPING EACH OTHERS & THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF THIS FORUM. AFTER READING EVERYONE CONCERN ABOUT THEIR DEPENDANTS ABOUT THE NEW RULE WHICH IS KICKING ON 6TH APRIL 2014. GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN AS I'M A QUITE STUPID ABOUT IMMIGRATION LAW !

I'VE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT IN ONE OF PEO WHICH IS END OF THIS WEEK. I'VE FILLUP FLR(M) & SET(M) THOUGH I'VE DONE THE APPOINTMENT BOOKING UNDER SETTLEMENT. MY WIFE IS WITH ME IN UK SINCE JULY 2009 & CURRENTLY SHE'S STILL UNDER TIER4 DEPENDANT & HER TIER4 DEPENDANT VISA EXPIRING END OF APRIL 2014. UNDER THESE SITUATION, I'VE ALREADY BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR HER EXTENSION/SETTLEMENT. VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ, COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I'M AT THE PEO FOR HER APPOINTMENT. SHOULD I HANDOVER FLR(M) OR SET(M)? IF THEY DON'T ACCEPT HER SET(M) DIRECTLY THEN CAN I APPLY FLR(M) FIRST ON THAT DAY & THEN SET(M) ON THE SAME DAY? IF THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE CAN I APPLY FOR HER SE(M) NEXT DAY? AS TIME IS RUNNING OUT VERY FAST I WANT TO FINISH THIS BEFORE 6TH APRIL 2014 SO THAT SHE DOEN'T HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 YEARS/5 YEARS FOR HER SETTLEMENT. I KNOW SOMEONE IS VERY LUCK & GOT THEIR DEPENDANT ILR ON THE SAME DAY THROUGH SET(M). GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN , AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO THEM LIKE RULES & REGULATIONS ETC. I KNOW ALL OF THEM WERE WELL PREPARED ABOUT IT BUT I'VE NO IDEA ABOUT IT. YOU GUYS HELP ME EVERY SINGLE STEPS OF MY ILR APPLICATION & ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU IN MY PRAYERS.PLEASE LET LET ME KNOW IN EASY PLAIN ENGLISH SO THAT I CAN AT LEAST HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH THE CASE WORKER.PLEASE PROVIDE ME ANY REFERENCE, MAIL FROM UKVI, LAW & REGULATIONS ETC, SO THAT I PRINT THEM & TAKE WITH MY FOR PROOFS.
MOREOVER AS YOU KNOW SHE IS HERE SINCE JULY 2009 AS TIER4 DEPENDANT.
Hi

You don't need to say any thing or try to explain any thing. If you have booked an appointment for SET (M) so just hand over SET (M) form and then wait and pray. That's my personal experience. Hopefully you should be ok. Worst come worst if they call you on counter and tell you that you have submitted wrong form then give them FLR (M) and explain that you were not sure which form to use.

Regards
MSV

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am

msvayani wrote:
londonbd2013 wrote:DEAR GURUS, MODERATORS AND FRIENDS, SPECIALLY VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA...

MOREOVER AS YOU KNOW SHE IS HERE SINCE JULY 2009 AS TIER4 DEPENDANT.
Hi

You don't need to say any thing or try to explain any thing. If you have booked an appointment for SET (M) so just hand over SET (M) form and then wait and pray. That's my personal experience. Hopefully you should be ok. Worst come worst if they call you on counter and tell you that you have submitted wrong form then give them FLR (M) and explain that you were not sure which form to use.

Regards
MSV
1 prepare both forms carefully
2 keep all documents handy
3 talk to them politely
4 if you can print the relevant immigration rules, highlight them and keep them with you separately
5 under transitional provision you can get third party support. Its written in flr m maintenance section.
6 you dont need to prove 18600 bla bla.
7 first submit set m. If gone smoothly. Keep quite and let it happen.
8 if not then ask them that according to rules if she apply flr m. The very next moment after successful application of flr m she is eligible to file set m, because she already spent more then 2 years under PBS dependent and these can amalgamate to qualify for set m. So please accept set m to save my extra cost of flr m fee.

And please update us what happened at PEO. As it can help many others.

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:44 am

Dear Gurus,Moderators & Friends, Specially thanks to VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA ....

As all of you know I'm a long time member of this forum & I got my ILR approval end of February 2014. This forum always so helpful. Everyone here is helping each others & that's the spirit of this forum. After reading everyones concern about their dependants about the new rule which is kicking on 6th April 2014. Guys I need your valuable advise, suggestions again as I'm quite stupid about Immigration Law.

I've booked an appointment in one of the PEO which is end of this week. I've already fill out FLR(M) & SET(M) though I've done the appointment booking under SETTLEMENT. My wife is here in UK since ?July 2009 & currently hold Tier4 dependant visa which expiring end of APril 2014. As I have already told you that we have an appointment end of this week VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ & other knowledgeable Gurus could you please let me now what should I don when we are at the PEO for her appointment. Should I handover FLR(M) or SET(m) directly? Incase they don't accept her SET(M) application directly then can I she apply FLR(M) first on that day & SET(M) on the same day? If that not happen can she apply with an new appointment for SET(M) SETTLEMENT on next day or any working day before 6th April 2014? I'm running out of time & I badly want to sort it out before 6th April 2014 so that she don't have to wait 2 years / 5 years more for SETTLEMENT application.I know someone was very lucky & got their dependant ILR on the same day & some of them even done SET(M) directly at PEO without submitting FLR(M). Guys I badly need your help again , as I have no idea at all, what should I say to them like rules & regulations etc. I know all of them were well prepared about their application but I've no idea about it . You guys helped me every single steps of my ILR application & I always remember you guys in my prayers.Please let me know in easy plain english so that I can at least discuss her issues with the case worker. please provide me any reference, any mail from UKVI, Law & regulations etc. I will print them & show it to them in case they want to see any rules or regulations.

Moreover, as you know she's here with me since July 2009 as Tier4 dependant, I don't think I need to show them £18600, but i have savings about that much which i got it from my parents. Should we show them how much we have in our bank accounts? She recently finished her MBA from a UK leading university & got her certificate in February 2014. I don't think she has to send her certificate to NARIC for verification because her Masters course was taught & research in english here in UK. She also pass her LIUK test as well. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I have no time to do any kind of mistakes otherwise she have to wait 2 more years fore her SETTLEMENT.

Guys we all are in the same boat, May be someone's cases are a bit different than others.End of the any single pieces of information is quite vital for each individuals. Please help me with your knowledge , I badly need your help. And those who are waiting for their ILR approval please patience & keep praying. I understand how frustrating is this period, but you just can't do anything about it. Just keep praying INN-SHA-ALLAH ALLAH will help us all. Don't think about it too much, carry on your daily life. UKVI services is much speedy & better than before. Everyone should get their ILR approval by 18-20 weeks time.

Many thanks in advance

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 am

Dear Gurus,Moderators & Friends, Specially thanks to VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA ....

As all of you know I'm a long time member of this forum & I got my ILR approval end of February 2014. This forum always so helpful. Everyone here is helping each others & that's the spirit of this forum. After reading everyones concern about their dependants about the new rule which is kicking on 6th April 2014. Guys I need your valuable advise, suggestions again as I'm quite stupid about Immigration Law.

I've booked an appointment in one of the PEO which is end of this week. I've already fill out FLR(M) & SET(M) though I've done the appointment booking under SETTLEMENT. My wife is here in UK since ?July 2009 & currently hold Tier4 dependant visa which expiring end of APril 2014. As I have already told you that we have an appointment end of this week VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ & other knowledgeable Gurus could you please let me now what should I don when we are at the PEO for her appointment. Should I handover FLR(M) or SET(m) directly? Incase they don't accept her SET(M) application directly then can I she apply FLR(M) first on that day & SET(M) on the same day? If that not happen can she apply with an new appointment for SET(M) SETTLEMENT on next day or any working day before 6th April 2014? I'm running out of time & I badly want to sort it out before 6th April 2014 so that she don't have to wait 2 years / 5 years more for SETTLEMENT application.I know someone was very lucky & got their dependant ILR on the same day & some of them even done SET(M) directly at PEO without submitting FLR(M). Guys I badly need your help again , as I have no idea at all, what should I say to them like rules & regulations etc. I know all of them were well prepared about their application but I've no idea about it . You guys helped me every single steps of my ILR application & I always remember you guys in my prayers.Please let me know in easy plain english so that I can at least discuss her issues with the case worker. please provide me any reference, any mail from UKVI, Law & regulations etc. I will print them & show it to them in case they want to see any rules or regulations.

Moreover, as you know she's here with me since July 2009 as Tier4 dependant, I don't think I need to show them £18600, but i have savings about that much which i got it from my parents. Should we show them how much we have in our bank accounts? She recently finished her MBA from a UK leading university & got her certificate in February 2014. I don't think she has to send her certificate to NARIC for verification because her Masters course was taught & research in english here in UK. She also pass her LIUK test as well. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I have no time to do any kind of mistakes otherwise she have to wait 2 more years fore her SETTLEMENT.

Guys we all are in the same boat, May be someone's cases are a bit different than others.End of the any single pieces of information is quite vital for each individuals. Please help me with your knowledge , I badly need your help. And those who are waiting for their ILR approval please patience & keep praying. I understand how frustrating is this period, but you just can't do anything about it. Just keep praying INN-SHA-ALLAH ALLAH will help us all. Don't think about it too much, carry on your daily life. UKVI services is much speedy & better than before. Everyone should get their ILR approval by 18-20 weeks time.

Many thanks in advance

scorpio81

10 years long residence applications

Post by scorpio81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 am

Dear Forum Members

I have recently applied for my ILR on the basis of Long Residence. Following is my history

Entered UK 9th March 2004
6 years student+2 years psw
2 years spent awaiting decision on tier 1 entrepreneur application under 3C and 3D (1 year app in process and 1 year in appeal)
All extension applications were IN TIME.

Appeal from upper tribunal got rejected on 24th February 2014. In the appeal refusal letter the judge mentioned 5 different factors for refusal, including mentioning the previous decisions made by the 1st tier judge. One of the point was:-

"The appellants seek permission to appeal six days out of time against the dismissal of their appeals against the respondents refusal to grant them tier 1 entrepreneur status . Their representatives ascribe the delay to a change of representation".

My question is that will these 6 days delay effect my lawful stay in the UK.?

The judge did not dismiss the appeal on the basis of out of time application, he took all other reasons into consideration as well. but he did mention this 6 days out of time factor as well. I changed my representative so it took them time to apply.

Is it the judges discretion to allow or disallow out of time appeals, if there is a reason behind applying late.?

Thanks

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 am

Ohhh home office an other earth quick,

Dear gurus, seniors, and all forum members,

We (me and wife) has decided not to withdraw my ilr long residency application which was applied on 26 feb 2014. Now we are preparing for flr m application and trying to submit before 5 apr,
Can u please advise what are the supporting documents required

She came to uk on june 2009 as psw dependent, then converted to tier 1 generel dependent, then tier 1 general dependant extension.

Many thanks in advance.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 am

Sergeant123 wrote:Hi all,
I will be applying for ILR in August based on 10 years residency. I have a little problem for which I need some guidance. Within this 10 year period I have a continuous gap of 8 months (within the same year) where I was outside UK . I have spoken with couple of solicitors; one says there is 50% chance of success other says this is not an issue.
I wanted to get advice from someone like me who may have been through similar experience and could share their experience / provide some guidance.
Many thanks.

Hi,
I am in the same situation as you. I have been out of country for 240 days at a stretch due to my mother's illness. I have posted my application in Feb and have done my biometrics last week. I have also submitted doctor's letter/ reports etc as supporting documents. Will keep you posted about any updates. Can I just ask what was the nature of ur long absence? Thanks
“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies”

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:41 am

Hi guys,
I'm a new member in this website and gonna submit my application next month based on 10years HO rules.
Just few questions and I appreciate if you reply:
1. I noticed that HO gonna make some changes from 6th of April, what this changes will effect us?
2. My wife came to UK Oct 2007 and I was wondering can I submit an application for her as well or not? If not what type application will I have to submit for her when I had my ILR (inshalah)?
3. Im on tier4 student visa and what will happen if I withdraw the course when my application is in HO for process?

im sure many people discussed these questions before but unfortunately as im a new in the board I couldn't find my answers and I confused more.
I've heard there is some link we can update our state and see other people's time line but I couldn't find either. I appreciate it if you could send me that link as well.
Again in advance thanks for your help and advise and hopefully all of us will be free soon!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:51 am

The old rules should apply if the SET(LR) and FLR(M) applications are made before 6th April 2014.

You shouldn't withdraw from your course until your application has been decided.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 am

1. English req level a1(I attach pet English test. For both flr and set m)
2. Proof of address from 3 diff sources 6 letters addressing to you both (either on joint names or to each of you .like tenancy agreement ,nhs card,mobile bills ,gas electricity bil,kids birth certificate etc etc)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Atleast 3 month bank statement
5. Atleast 3 month payslips (both payslips and bank statement should be of same period)
6. Brp card
7. All passports
8. Only attach photocopies of passports first page and pages that contain visas.
9. 2 photos of your wife and 1 for you with full name written on back.

This is what I attach and got flr and ILR in peo Croydon on 3 feb
But do double check maybe I am missing something

allwell46 wrote:Ohhh home office an other earth quick,

We (me and wife) has decided not to withdraw my ilr long residency application which was applied on 26 feb 2014. Now we are preparing for flr m application and trying to submit before 5 apr,

She came to uk on june 2009 as psw dependent, then converted to tier 1 generel dependent, then tier 1 general dependant extension.

Many thanks in advance.
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am

Malavan wrote:Hi guys,
I'm a new member in this website and gonna submit my application next month based on 10years HO rules.
Just few questions and I appreciate if you reply:
1. I noticed that HO gonna make some changes from 6th of April, what this changes will effect us?
2. My wife came to UK Oct 2007 and I was wondering can I submit an application for her as well or not? If not what type application will I have to submit for her when I had my ILR (inshalah)?

you can apply your wife with you by using form FLR(m) .the new rules mean your wife has to wait for 5 more years to get ILR as who are applying after 6 April should apply using appendix FM means income threshold +5 years residential requirement as spouse of settled person.but I still wonder student are not allowed to work or they can work part time how they will full fill income threshold .wait for some senior member and they will ans you.
3. Im on tier4 student visa and what will happen if I withdraw the course when my application is in HO for process?

im sure many people discussed these questions before but unfortunately as im a new in the board I couldn't find my answers and I confused more.
I've heard there is some link we can update our state and see other people's time line but I couldn't find either. I appreciate it if you could send me that link as well.
Again in advance thanks for your help and advise and hopefully all of us will be free soon!
ss

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:10 pm

vinny wrote:The old rules should apply if the SET(LR) and FLR(M) applications are made before 6th April 2014.

You shouldn't withdraw from your course until your application has been decided.
vinny now there is another confusion.

if I dont include my 6 years old son born in uk in flr m. Can they make invalid flr m on this base ?
I want to apply separately for my son on form MN1 FOR NATURALISATION.
and I ll explain this thing in covering letter with flr m.

Any suggestion or openion
Last edited by msmussaf on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:14 pm

SSWSZ wrote:1. English req level a1(I attach pet English test. For both flr and set m)
2. Proof of address from 3 diff sources 6 letters addressing to you both (either on joint names or to each of you .like tenancy agreement ,nhs card,mobile bills ,gas electricity bil,kids birth certificate etc etc)
3. Marriage certificate
5. Atleast 3 month payslips (both payslips and bank statement should be of same period)
6. Brp card
7. All passports
8. Only attach photocopies of passports first page and pages that contain visas.

Many thanks in advance.

@sswsz and all

Could u please shed some more light on no 2, proof of address from 3 different sources. I hv bank in barclays and nationwide will this be considered from one source or two.
Also we hardly have some thing in joint a part from uk born kids birth certificates, if we go by single sources not joint then what would be the snario please.

Do i need to show adequate maintenance and earnings as well plz?
Maintenance like showing money in account for 90 days
Earnings like minimum earning threshold say 18600 or any thing

Do we need to include uk born children in my wifes flr m application

Many thanks again

Sergeant123
Newly Registered

Post by Sergeant123 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:26 pm

bhamblues wrote:
I will be applying for ILR in August based on 10 years residency. I have a little problem for which I need some guidance. Within this 10 year period I have a continuous gap of 8 months (within the same year) where I was outside UK . I have spoken with couple of solicitors; one says there is 50% chance of success other says this is not an issue.
I wanted to get advice from someone like me who may have been through similar experience and could share their experience / provide some guidance.
Many thanks.

Hi,
I am in the same situation as you. I have been out of country for 240 days at a stretch due to my mother's illness. I have posted my application in Feb and have done my biometrics last week. I have also submitted doctor's letter/ reports etc as supporting documents. Will keep you posted about any updates. Can I just ask what was the nature of ur long absence? Thanks
Hi bhamblues,
I had to defer my uni course for a year due to not being able to pay my tuition fees. I still have the letter from uni that mentions the for the deferral my course. Not sure if that letter will be good enough evidence.
Having done your biometrics does it mean your application is successful?

khani

Post by khani » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:27 pm

scorpio81 wrote:Dear Forum Members

I have recently applied for my ILR on the basis of Long Residence. Following is my history

2 years spent awaiting decision on tier 1 entrepreneur application under 3C and 3D (1 year app in process and 1 year in appeal)

Appeal from upper tribunal got rejected on 24th February 2014. In the appeal refusal letter the judge mentioned 5 different factors for refusal, including mentioning the previous decisions made by the 1st tier judge. One of the point was:-

"The appellants seek permission to appeal six days out of time against the dismissal of their appeals against the respondents refusal to grant them tier 1 entrepreneur status . Their representatives ascribe the delay to a change of representation".

The judge did not dismiss the appeal on the basis of out of time application, he took all other reasons into consideration as well. but he did mention this 6 days out of time factor as well. I changed my representative so it took them time to apply.

Is it the judges discretion to allow or disallow out of time appeals, if there is a reason behind applying late.?

Thanks
Well, This could put your application in difficult position, HO could render all the period you waited form out of time appeal to decision as illegal stay since you submitted your appeal out of time. I dont know if the 28 days concession on out of time application applies to pending appeals too or not. Hope for the best. Wish you goodluck.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:01 pm

allwell46 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:1. English req level a1(I attach pet English test. For both flr and set m)
3. Marriage certificate
6. Brp card
7. All passports

Many thanks in advance.

@sswsz and all

Could u please shed some more light on no 2, proof of address from 3 different sources. I hv bank in barclays and nationwide will this be considered from one source or two.

It doesnot make any diff as in my case only 2 things are on joint names and one of which only covers 1 and half hear all other documents are on separate name

Also we hardly have some thing in joint a part from uk born kids birth certificates, if we go by single sources not joint then what would be the snario please.

Do i need to show adequate maintenance and earnings as well plz?
yes just show atleast 3 month bank statement and payslips,no specific amount required
Maintenance like showing money in account for 90 days
Earnings like minimum earning threshold say 18600 or any thing

no as she came under old rules

Do we need to include uk born children in my wifes flr m application

Fill section 4 till 4.3 according to your situation then leave all the things and at the end in 4.9 write I will register my child British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same got my visa without any problem

Many thanks again
ss

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:09 pm

khani wrote:
scorpio81 wrote:Dear Forum Members

Thanks
Well, This could put your application in difficult position, HO could render all the period you waited form out of time appeal to decision as illegal stay since you submitted your appeal out of time. I dont know if the 28 days concession on out of time application applies to pending appeals too or not. Hope for the best. Wish you goodluck.

Well the situation is that the last date to apply to upper tribunal was 21st January 2014. The Upper Tribunal received my appeal on the 27th January 2014, with an explanation from my representative saying that because i change representative hence it took some days to go through the process.

In the meantime my employer wrote to the home office to confirm my right of work in the UK (1st week of February 2014). My employer got a letter from the Home Office on the 7th February 2014, saying that i have the right to work in the UK on the basis of an ongoing outstanding appeal.

Hence i think this clarifies that after the tribunal received my appeal, the judge accepted it on the basis that because i changed representative, hence i was 6 days late, so that accepted it. Because if it would not have been accepted OR stated OUT OF TIME, then the UKBA would have had said to my employer that i do not have the right to work.? (overstay).

I think that its judges discretion, if they want to accept late appeals, with a valid reason they can. Because the judge did not refuse my appeal on the basis of out of time, he refused it saying that there is no error of law. Hence the 24th February would be considered as the time when all my appeals were exhausted.

What do experienced people in this forum think about this.?

Thanks

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Sergeant123 wrote:
bhamblues wrote:
Many thanks.

Hi,
Hi bhamblues,
I had to defer my uni course for a year due to not being able to pay my tuition fees. I still have the letter from uni that mentions the for the deferral my course. Not sure if that letter will be good enough evidence.
Having done your biometrics does it mean your application is successful?

Hi,
Wish it was as easy as u said. No, doing ur biometrics doesn't mean anythng. They would start ur application only after biometrics is done. Regarding your case, I would recommend u to get as much supporting documents as possible and may be worth visiting a solicitor for further advice ??
“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies”