ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm so confused, please help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SirBaron
Newly Registered

I'm so confused, please help!

Post by SirBaron » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:04 am

Losing sleep over this!

I am engaged to my Japanese Fiancee, and she will be here for 2 weeks in April, then I plan to visit her sometime after in Japan.

She wants to live with me and my family (living at home with family after moving back up to North England).

This is the confusing part, I keep hearing of this Income Threshold etc etc, all I want her to do is live with me and my family, get married, and eventually see what happens, get a job etc.

I only earn £16,000 a year before tax, however I can work 6months solid (no holidays) overtime and get about £19,000-20,000.

The silly thing is I can actually easily sustain her with 16k a year because I keep 95% of my wages from living at home!

I've been reading many, many sites and my brain is turning to mush.

I'm hoping some more educated people will be able to guide me in what to do.

Which visa can I get her to come here, doesn't need to be a working visa, just a visa that she can stay for more than 6months, and eventually work onto a more permanent visa.

Someone who can explain the process, and visa's required would be much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I'm so confused, please help!

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 am

Fiance visa, apply from Japan and meet all the requirements, including £18,600pa salary or £62,500 in savings for 6 months. She cannot work on a fiance visa. It is valid for 6 months.

Once you are married before the visa expires, apply for FLR(M) which is spouse of British/settled person (assuming you are British). All the same requirements will need to be met again and she can work once she gets this visa. Visa will be valid for 2.5 years.

After 2.5 years, apply for an extension on FLR(M) and meet all the requirements again. Visa will be granted for 2.5 years again.

When she reaches 5 years residence, she can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) and immediately once this is approved, she can apply for British Citizenship.

Each point of the application process involves big visa fees and the requirements must be met each time.

Alternatively, if she qualifies for a student visa or a Tier 2 (if she can get a sponsor), she can apply for that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:58 am

..or YMS, not many places for Japanese though...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SirBaron
Newly Registered

Post by SirBaron » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:37 am

if I go on holiday for 2 weeks during that 6month period, will that mean those 2 weeks of holiday pay will be calculated as my lowest wage?