ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does an AOR look like???

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Haggis Eater
Newly Registered

What does an AOR look like???

Post by Haggis Eater » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi,
Sorry to the mods for a related post to one I posted a few hours ago!
Just wondering what an AOR looks like and contains, and what the timescale means?

The only letter from CIC I have (Family Class - Spouse, now past the average time for 50% of applications) says/has the following:

Sticker with file number

"Dear Applicant"
"In order to continue processing your application, we require the following" etc etc.

Then lots of tick boxes.
Only boxes ticked - request for police cert (which I Fedexed to them) and ones saying "here's stuff of yours we're finished with."

On the back, it says I must reply within 45 days (90 days is scribbled out by hand) and after a looooooong paragraph ends with "when all requirements are met, we will write to you with instructions to submit a valid passport" etc.

The form number at the bottom of the back page is P103FC(05/06)

Soooooo, is this the AOR and do they mean that 45 days was the planned processing time remaining???

Many thanks!

jes2jes

Re: What does an AOR look like???

Post by jes2jes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:21 am

Haggis Eater wrote:Hi,
Sorry to the mods for a related post to one I posted a few hours ago!
Just wondering what an AOR looks like and contains, and what the timescale means?

The only letter from CIC I have (Family Class - Spouse, now past the average time for 50% of applications) says/has the following:

Sticker with file number

"Dear Applicant"
"In order to continue processing your application, we require the following" etc etc.

Then lots of tick boxes.
Only boxes ticked - request for police cert (which I Fedexed to them) and ones saying "here's stuff of yours we're finished with."

On the back, it says I must reply within 45 days (90 days is scribbled out by hand) and after a looooooong paragraph ends with "when all requirements are met, we will write to you with instructions to submit a valid passport" etc.

The form number at the bottom of the back page is P103FC(05/06)

Soooooo, is this the AOR and do they mean that 45 days was the planned processing time remaining???

Many thanks!
AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt. Which is what you have received.
Your AOR letter contains your file number, normally a sticker with your address and a file number with a combination of aphanumeric characters.

The 45 days is the deadline to respond to their request and not the processing time. You have to submit the requested docs within the timeline you have been given.

Normally, they would tell you an average* timeline for the processing of your file and this should be on the AOR letter. If you cannot find it then I will suggest you visit www.canada.org.uk where you can find the estimated timelines on their website for the class in which you have applied.

Congratulations!
Praise The Lord!!!!