ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right To Work during application for Discretionary Leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thamsinkumar

Right To Work during application for Discretionary Leave

Post by thamsinkumar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:16 am

Hi All

If I apply for discretionary leave (Human rights Article 8 and Private life), before my PSW visa expires, will I be able to carry on working ?

As I have been told that because this is Human rights application we do not have right to work and the day we apply we loose the right to work.

Thanks please help me and guide me

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Right To Work during application for Discretionary Leave

Post by Zee ali » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:09 am

Hi
Whoever told u this is absolutely wrong.

Section 3c extend your last leave not the one which u apply. U will retain your working rights if apply in time.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:29 am

Zee ali wrote:Hi
Whoever told u this is absolutely wrong.

Section 3c extend your last leave not the one which u apply. U will retain your working rights if apply in time.

Thanks friend one more question

Dear friends and community members

I am just 7 months short for my 10 year stay and I just have 10 days to apply too..

I was just reading this guidelines for 3C and 3D home office published yesterday on 14th March 2014

I am confused if you can help me please friends.

If I apply discretionary leave in time and my application is refused, will it trigger 3C or 3D ?
and second I know 99 percent it will be refused.. and in case I appeal and if appeal is decided before my 10 years finish and I lodge the second appeal then in that case can I vary my application ?

As guidance says that I cant vary application and also that If I want to submit new application eg. New 10 year application I need to withdraw my appeal and then submit

and in that case if I do that it will make my 3C end, and I am over stayer..

Please guide me and help me friends

the link is as follows

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 pm

hi
U can only vary your application when it is undecided. These days very hard to spend 7 months without decision made.
so they refuse u and u appeal against the decision
Scenario 1
U complete 10 years while waiting for your hearing date. In this case on hearing date tell the judge u complete 10 years and not u r qualified for ILR. Judge will order HO to reconsider your application as u completed 10 years. HO will recosider your application and if u fulfill the requirement they will issue u ILR.

Scenario 2

Suppose u passed your hearing date and your appeal refused then

u apply for PTA To FTT to UT

if refuse then

u apply for PTA to UT to UT

if refuse

from the date of PTA determination letter your 3c ends

but u have 28 days to apply for ILR. 28 days counts overstay time.

so complete your form with due care because if u refuse then u won't get appeal right.

i am short of 10 months. so hope for the best my friend.

Regards
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks Friend

Does it mean that even appeal is refused and then again we ask permission for appeal so does it means that we are safe ?

because I was reading new home office guidelines on 3C and 3 D and its confusing

it says that we can vary even after refusal on the day of hearing.. but once the application is heard and refused after that we cant add any more information

and moreover if we submit after finishing 10 years, by withdrawing appeal, it says once we withdraw our appeal we become overstayer and application we new submit will be out of time

please look at this and guide me if i am wrong freind

Zee ali wrote:hi
U can only vary your application when it is undecided. These days very hard to spend 7 months without decision made.
Scenario 1
U complete 10 years while waiting for your hearing date. In this case on hearing date tell the judge u complete 10 years and not u r qualified for ILR. Judge will order HO to reconsider your application as u completed 10 years. HO will recosider your application and if u fulfill the requirement they will issue u ILR.

Scenario 2

if refuse then

if refuse

so complete your form with due care because if u refuse then u won't get appeal right.

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 pm

thamsinkumar wrote:Thanks Friend

Does it mean that even appeal is refused and then again we ask permission for appeal so does it means that we are safe ?

because I was reading new home office guidelines on 3C and 3 D and its confusing

it says that we can vary even after refusal on the day of hearing.. but once the application is heard and refused after that we cant add any more information

and moreover if we submit after finishing 10 years, by withdrawing appeal, it says once we withdraw our appeal we become overstayer and application we new submit will be out of time

please look at this and guide me if i am wrong freind

Hi

Yes they r right

once u withdraw your application u become overstayer from the court withdrawal confirmation letter.

But as we know that HO disregard 28 days overstay period while considering any application.

and yes new application count as out of time because u don't have valid leave when u apply 2nd time.

So be careful while applying 2nd time and submit all relevant documents and make sure don't give HO any chance to invalid your application

Zee ali wrote:hi
Scenario 1

Scenario 2

if refuse then

if refuse

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi

Yes they r right

once u withdraw your application u become overstayer from the court withdrawal confirmation letter.

But as we know that HO disregard 28 days overstay period while considering any application.

and yes new application count as out of time because u don't have valid leave when u apply 2nd time.

So be careful while applying 2nd time and submit all relevant documents and make sure don't give HO any chance to invalid your application