ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK and Schengen visit visa from dubai

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajsin

UK and Schengen visit visa from dubai

Post by rajsin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Friends,

Need your suggestions to apply visit visa's for UK and Switzerland from Dubai,UAE.

My parents are Indian nationals residents of Dubai,UAE. I would like my parents to visit me here in the UK on 19th June. After spending a week in the UK we plan to head to Switzerland to attend a family get together i.e between 30th June to 8th July for which they would also need a schengan visa. After the get together we plan to return back to the UK on 9th July and my parents will stay with me for one more month i.e. until August 10th and then return to Dubai.

In short the itinerary is something like this, My parents come to UK first i.e. they fly from Dubai to UK, after a week we fly to Switzerland from UK and then return back to UK after spending approx 10 days in Switzerland.Then after a month in UK they return to Dubai.

I understand that they will have to apply UK visa first and then Switzerland(schengan) visa from Dubai but the part i am confused and totally lost is when my parents apply schengan visa , will the Switzerland visa authorities accept my parents return flight ticket from UK to Switzerland given that they will apply from Dubai? or will they expect a return ticket from Dubai to Switzerland?

Thanks in advance for all your help

liksah

Re: UK and Schengen visit visa from dubai

Post by liksah » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 am

There's no issue. Just submit both visa applications with a detailed itinerary. As long as they have return tickets from the UK, everything should be fine. You can even submit flight reservation info from the UK<->Switzerland for the schengen visa - if you've already booked them.

rajsin

Re: UK and Schengen visit visa from dubai

Post by rajsin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot Liksah