ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal bundle and speeding up appeal processs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

disappointed
Newly Registered

Appeal bundle and speeding up appeal processs

Post by disappointed » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello,

Just a quick overview of my situation.
I'm an EU citizen and my husband is Indian. We got married 2 years ago and applied for his EEA family permit one year ago. Our visa application got refused in error as the immigration officer failed to read the details of my insurance documents. All necessary information and evidence was provided with the application. The only reason behind our visa denial was the omission of immigration officer who believed that my insurance expires in May 2013 and not May 2014. This silly mistake of Home Office lead to an appeal and significant delay in visa processing.
Now, our hearing is scheduled at the end of February.

1. Should appeal bundle contain all original files from our visa application or just those related to my insurance? We have plenty of insurance documents some of which haven't been presented to HO before. Our lawyer lost our original bank statements so we only have copies:( Is it ok to omit those or will the tribunal wish to see everything that was originally sent to HO?
2. Even after hearing we wont get our documents instantly. 2 weeks until hearing + 10 days for decision + 4 weeks to reach HO + 8 weeks to issue visa = more than 4 months. We are in a hurry to go to India due to family issues in his home. We don't fall under prof able "compassionate reasons" category. Is there anything we can do to speed up the process?
3. My husbands employer needs written evidence for husbands right to work. Now we have the hearing date letter. What document can we use from the hearing date onward?

Thank you in advance!

erikac
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal bundle and speeding up appeal processs

Post by erikac » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello,

We have a very similar situation: which was the Tribunal decision in your case?

Just to know what to expect...

Many thanks for your help!

Erika