ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpio81

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by scorpio81 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanx a lot Rockefeller.

Quite satisfied and relaxed now. Hope everything goes ok.

Lets wait and c (about 4 months wait man...!!!!)
Rockefeller wrote:Hi Scorpio81
I think your interpretation of the rules to your circumstances is both reasonable and fair. Personally, I do not think you have overstayed given your appeal was accepted by the upper tribunal and was not dismissed along that line. However, even if HO ruled that you have indeed overstayed for six days they will still have to disregard it given the period did not cross the 28 days threshold. On that basis my friend I would ask you to relax, be hopeful and pray for success.

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Thnx Msmusaf for your help as well.

Yes i have read that document and it does answer my questions positively.!

Wish me luck and lets wait and c for atleast 4 months

msmussaf wrote:Scorpio

This was the document which i was talking about.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Guys i applied on 17th March but still did not receive any acknowledgment and i send postal order.
Any Idea guys how long does it take to get acknowledgment as i can see some people gets acknowledgment in couple of days.
Hope for good.
Congrats man for your approval today.

Regards

legend786

Post by legend786 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi, Hassan! Hopefully you will get it this week as sometimes it happens like someone get it earlier than the others

CKP

Post by CKP » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi,

If anybody can help me on this forum.

I am planning to apply for ILR based on Long residency. I came to this country in Jan 2005 as a Student dependent. I have renewed my visas in July 2010 as PSW dependent. I have been granted PSW dependent until July 2012. My husband applied for Tier 1 general in June 2011, same time I have applied for Tier 1 dependent. My husband granted Tier 1 general and mine was rejected due to missing sign on the form.

I have applied again after 4 month in Sep 2011 (Psw dependent visas was valid until jul 2012) and been granted tier 1 dependent.
My query is, have I overstayed those four month, does this will affect my ILR application next year ?

Waiting for your reply Please….

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 pm

CKP wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for ILR based on Long residency. I came to this country in Jan 2005 as a Student dependent. I have renewed my visas in July 2010 as PSW dependent. I have been granted PSW dependent until July 2012. My husband applied for Tier 1 general in June 2011, same time I have applied for Tier 1 dependent. My husband granted Tier 1 general and mine was rejected due to missing sign on the form.

I have applied again after 4 month in Sep 2011 (Psw dependent visas was valid until jul 2012) and been granted tier 1 dependent.
My query is, have I overstayed those four month, does this will affect my ILR application next year ?

Hi,
I strongly advise you to apply for your SAR, It will explain every thing. But I think you are fine as you had a valid leave to remain, did you get right to appeal for your rejected application?
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

CKP

Post by CKP » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 pm

KashRIz wrote:
CKP wrote:Hi,

Hi,
I strongly advise you to apply for your SAR, It will explain every thing. But I thing you are fine as you had a valid leave to remain, did you get right to appeal for your rejected application?
Thank you KashRiz

No, Home office sent us fee refund cheque with application as well.

So that means I am ok

Thanks

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks Mate for your kind reply.Yah hope so gets in couple of days times.
legend786 wrote:Hi, Hassan! Hopefully you will get it this week as sometimes it happens like someone get it earlier than the others

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi can any body help me to fill FLR(M) form i am confused with some of questions.

I have applied for ILR(LR) on 17/03/14.I now want to apply for FLR(M) for my wife,her visa is valid till April 2016 as PBS tier 1 general dependent.

I need help for Section 2.1,2.2,2.3 and 3.18.

If somebody can reply as soon as possible i have received acknowledgement letter from Home Office for my ILR

thanks for ur help

azka

please take action now and sent your email right now

Post by azka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

hi to all those who fall under the category PBS prior 9th July 2012 and get effected by new changes 6th April 2014, just want to share with all of you I have sent an email to home office to raise my concern regarding their new changes which is highly unfair and could be challenged in court as HSMP judicial review.

the email I sent is given below, I request all of you who is getting effected by this new unfair rule please raise your voice and let it heard, please read below given email sent your email to this given below email ID, I hope home office might realise they have made a mistake and soon rectify it, please do not forget to send it.

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear sir/Madam,

new changes undermine the transitional provisions part 8 (PBS dependent prior 9th July 2012)

I have quoted below exactly the same wording copied from page 10 and page 11 given below

"IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS
FAMILY MEMBERS UNDER APPENDIX FM OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Chapter 8" page 10 and page 11
Transitional Provisions

" Long Residence and Points Based System Dependant
If the main relevant Points Based System (PBS) Migrant gains indefinite leave
to remain on the basis of Long Residence any PBS dependant partner will not
be able to extend their leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependant and
will be required to switch into the partner of a settled person category and apply
for limited leave.
Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependant
before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for
further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
after 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence will be required to apply to extend their leave as a
partner under Appendix FM "

this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement clearly distinguish between PBS dependent granted leave before 9 July and PBS Dependent granted leave after 9th July 2012
how come this new rules changes 6th April 2014 completely ignore transitional provisions part 8 arrangement
this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement provide transitional cover to PBS dependent before 9th july 2012 but new changes will undermine the transitional provison part 8 for PBS granted leave before 9th july 2012.

could you please reconsider it this could be possibly human error, or if home office does not review it these new changes mentioned above will be challenged in court of Justice.

waiting for your reply

kind regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Recieved acknow letter today dated 19th of March...

Ak004
Newly Registered

Post by Ak004 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

congrats smiley bee could you please tell us about your delivery
as its normal or prepaid envelope ;
have the same time line as you have
thanks

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Palmist wrote:I had leave to remain on my old brp so it could be just that which may be coming back. My friend got a letter saying his application has been approved.
Thanks Palmist... don't worry hope for the best..Inshallah u will hear good news.. Normally approvals had quick response and Rejections were released after 6 months. It must be approval..
You were right received brp with ILR today.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Palmist wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Palmist wrote:I had leave to remain on my old brp so it could be just that which may be coming back. My friend got a letter saying his application has been approved.
Thanks Palmist... don't worry hope for the best..Inshallah u will hear good news.. Normally approvals had quick response and Rejections were released after 6 months. It must be approval..
You were right received brp with ILR today.
Congrats....
Please share your time line....

Ak004
Newly Registered

Post by Ak004 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:07 pm

smileybee wrote:Thanks thank.

I applied on 10th of dec 2013
Biometric done on 9th of Jan 2014
Then received documents today and biometric should be later today according to dx

Good luck to others
thanks

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:08 pm

KashRIz wrote:
Palmist wrote: You were right received brp with ILR today.
Congrats....
Please share your time line....
application sent 6 dec 2013
acknowledged within a week
bio invitation 21 dec 2013
bio done 3 january 2014
passport and docs received 21march 2014
brp received 24 march 2014

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Ak004 wrote:

Then received documents today and biometric should be later today according to dx

Good luck to others
thanks
I didn't send prepaid envelope. Passport and docs came back in a white a4 size envelope and brp came in a small briwn one

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi!
Thank you for the reply. I see I have 3 month 6 day as a gap between the visa expiring and the ILR application day. Is there any chance to apply separately without my husband prolonging the visa? Any advice, help please. Actually I need extra 2 months 8 days here. Please any ideas, please!
Spatacus wrote:
M2013 wrote:Hi guys,
First of all, thank you so much for everybody’s kindness and support that you have been showing to members of the forum. I have been following the developments of the British immigration laws since I am also hoping to join the ranks of the British citizens in the near future. But I am having doubts regarding my situation and would be grateful for your advice.
I have been on HSMP visa, followed by Tier 1 General Migrant, but as a dependent to my husband. My husband has been working abroad all this time and continues not to be able to qualify for ILR, I am staying in the UK.
The situation re visa is as follows:
Clearance: 11 January 2005
Date of Entry: 17 April 2005 - The rest of the Tier 1 General visas have been prolonged successfully.
The current visa expires: 17 February 2015
In this 10 year period I have been away around a month altogether.
So I am hoping to have a straight case for my application for ILR, 10 year legal stay.
My questions are as follows:
When making an application for ILR – do I have to start counting the 10 year period since 17 April 2005?
Is there any chance to apply for ILR on 11 January 2015, or on 17 of February 2015?

Thank you again.
Hello M2013,
the earliest you can apply for your 10-years ILR is 28-days before the month you will complete 10-years
your 10-years starts from 17th of April 2005.
hope this helps.

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Ak004 wrote:

Good luck to others
thanks
Hihi I enclosed a prepaid special delivery envelope. Dx failed to deliver my biometric card today and they said it should reach my by tmr. Hope they will keep their promise

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Oh yes they will deliver it Smiley.....keep smilling and enjoy your freedom..
smileybee wrote:
Ak004 wrote:

Good luck to others
thanks
Hihi I enclosed a prepaid special delivery envelope. Dx failed to deliver my biometric card today and they said it should reach my by tmr. Hope they will keep their promise

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
malik15 wrote:

Hi Malik,

Your acknowledgment letter says how to withdraw your application.
Thanks for you reply.

I'm still waiting for acknowledgment. Can you please commnet on whether it will impact my existing leave or not. I don't want that to be cancelled!
No, it wont have any impact on current status. you may have to wait until you acknowledgment letter for you ref no and instructions. don't worry.
I've now received my acknowledgment letter and was wondering if the senior members can help me with the following points:

1 - Should I withdraw my application now or wait for 6th April in hope that there will be some relaxation?
2 - My wife has an appointment for 2nd April for her B1 test. Is it possible to apply before 6th April with provisional result and send the certificate once we've received it? It is going to be on hold anyway until they process my ILR application
3 - Application before 6th April where the applicant has asked them to be put on hold whilst the ILR of husband is being processed will be considered under old rules or new?

It'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on the above points.

Regards
Malik15

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi everyone

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 years rule on OCT 2012 still waiting for decision. My solicitor applied for my family leave on flro form , Home office refused with right of appeal, First tier judge allowed appeal, now my family received visa just our solicitor informed us today. I have question here if I will get ILR still my family can apply ILR on basis of dependent because they were tier 1 dependent last four years and going to complete ten year next year too. A bit confusing situation now they are on DLR on basis of 7 year child / family / private life.
Your views and discussion will be great.

Please keep me in your prayers .

Regards
amjad leeds

malik15

Re: please take action now and sent your email right now

Post by malik15 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 pm

azka wrote:hi to all those who fall under the category PBS prior 9th July 2012 and get effected by new changes 6th April 2014, just want to share with all of you I have sent an email to home office to raise my concern regarding their new changes which is highly unfair and could be challenged in court as HSMP judicial review.

the email I sent is given below, I request all of you who is getting effected by this new unfair rule please raise your voice and let it heard, please read below given email sent your email to this given below email ID, I hope home office might realise they have made a mistake and soon rectify it, please do not forget to send it.

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear sir/Madam,

new changes undermine the transitional provisions part 8 (PBS dependent prior 9th July 2012)

I have quoted below exactly the same wording copied from page 10 and page 11 given below

"IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS
FAMILY MEMBERS UNDER APPENDIX FM OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Chapter 8" page 10 and page 11
Transitional Provisions

" Long Residence and Points Based System Dependant
If the main relevant Points Based System (PBS) Migrant gains indefinite leave
to remain on the basis of Long Residence any PBS dependant partner will not
be able to extend their leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependant and
will be required to switch into the partner of a settled person category and apply
for limited leave.
before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for
further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
after 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence will be required to apply to extend their leave as a
partner under Appendix FM "

this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement clearly distinguish between PBS dependent granted leave before 9 July and PBS Dependent granted leave after 9th July 2012
how come this new rules changes 6th April 2014 completely ignore transitional provisions part 8 arrangement
this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement provide transitional cover to PBS dependent before 9th july 2012 but new changes will undermine the transitional provison part 8 for PBS granted leave before 9th july 2012.

could you please reconsider it this could be possibly human error, or if home office does not review it these new changes mentioned above will be challenged in court of Justice.

waiting for your reply

kind regards
It is not just the LTR. If a dependant came to UK around July 2012, they will complete their two year in July 2014 and can only apply for SET(O) at the same time as the main applicant if they have complete two years. Aren’t the new rules restricting them from switching to FLR(M) under part 8 too as the revised 284 cleary states the previous leave should not be as PBS dependant?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 pm

I've now received my acknowledgment letter and was wondering if the senior members can help me with the following points:

1 - Should I withdraw my application now or wait for 6th April in hope that there will be some relaxation?
2 - My wife has an appointment for 2nd April for her B1 test. Is it possible to apply before 6th April with provisional result and send the certificate once we've received it? It is going to be on hold anyway until they process my ILR application
3 - Application before 6th April where the applicant has asked them to be put on hold whilst the ILR of husband is being processed will be considered under old rules or new?

It'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on the above points.

Regards
Malik15[/quote]

Hi Malik,
I am in similar situation but thankfully my Mrs have a UK degree. I m going to apply soon just waiting for few more days just in case home office releases new application forms with guidance notes. But if they dont i will apply and as far as I understood from the discussions from here and after speaking to couple of lawyers. HO office will consider the date application was sent to them not the date ILR is issued but it is very confusing. In your case you can apply as HO will not decide FLR(m) un till ur application is decided and you can always send them final result in post.
I think Vinny and others can shed more light on this.

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi I am new in this forum. Please can someone help me regarding my Dependent FLR(M) visa application.I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency in first week of December 2013 and hoping to get reply this week or early next week. My wife got tier one dependent visa before July 2012 and I have one son born in UK in August 2013. My question is if I want to apply for my wife FLR(M) before 6th April 2014 what level of maintenance funds do i need to show and in FLR(M) form do I need to give full details of my son in section 4 because I want to apply for my son Citizenship directly rather then dependent visa. Thanks