ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nihalnigania
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by nihalnigania » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi

Can someone please confirm the English language requirement for ilr..

I have a degree taught in English and the degree can be found in ukba points calculator can you please confirm if I need uk naric certificate as we'll? As you can see below it states both in one place and either of the two below. Can you please confirm I have my appointment next week and don't have much time.

"You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (excepting Canada)"

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 am

Calculator print out is enough
ss