ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azka

Re: please take action now and sent your email right now

Post by azka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:21 pm

malik15 wrote:
azka wrote:hi to all those who fall under the category PBS prior 9th July 2012 and get effected by new changes 6th April 2014, just want to share with all of you I have sent an email to home office to raise my concern regarding their new changes which is highly unfair and could be challenged in court as HSMP judicial review.

the email I sent is given below, I request all of you who is getting effected by this new unfair rule please raise your voice and let it heard, please read below given email sent your email to this given below email ID, I hope home office might realise they have made a mistake and soon rectify it, please do not forget to send it.

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear sir/Madam,

new changes undermine the transitional provisions part 8 (PBS dependent prior 9th July 2012)

I have quoted below exactly the same wording copied from page 10 and page 11 given below

"IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS
FAMILY MEMBERS UNDER APPENDIX FM OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Chapter 8" page 10 and page 11
Transitional Provisions

" Long Residence and Points Based System Dependant
If the main relevant Points Based System (PBS) Migrant gains indefinite leave
to remain on the basis of Long Residence any PBS dependant partner will not
be able to extend their leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependant and
will be required to switch into the partner of a settled person category and apply
for limited leave.
Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependant
before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for
further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
after 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence will be required to apply to extend their leave as a
partner under Appendix FM "

this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement clearly distinguish between PBS dependent granted leave before 9 July and PBS Dependent granted leave after 9th July 2012
how come this new rules changes 6th April 2014 completely ignore transitional provisions part 8 arrangement
this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement provide transitional cover to PBS dependent before 9th july 2012 but new changes will undermine the transitional provison part 8 for PBS granted leave before 9th july 2012.

could you please reconsider it this could be possibly human error, or if home office does not review it these new changes mentioned above will be challenged in court of Justice.

waiting for your reply

kind regards
It is not just the LTR. If a dependant came to UK around July 2012, they will complete their two year in July 2014 and can only apply for SET(O) at the same time as the main applicant if they have complete two years. Aren’t the new rules restricting them from switching to FLR(M) under part 8 too as the revised 284 cleary states the previous leave should not be as PBS dependant?

best thing to email home office FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I have got tier 1 general application initial 30 September 2009 since then they have changed so many rules in tier 1 general but until now still old rules applies to me which was in place at the time my initial application 30th September 2009 due to transitional arrangements but this is beyond to my understanding when appendix fm came in 9 july 2012 they give transitional part 8 protection to pbs before 9 july 2012 now all of sudden they completely ignore it this is highly unfair

azka

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by azka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 pm

KashRIz wrote:I've now received my acknowledgment letter and was wondering if the senior members can help me with the following points:

1 - Should I withdraw my application now or wait for 6th April in hope that there will be some relaxation?
2 - My wife has an appointment for 2nd April for her B1 test. Is it possible to apply before 6th April with provisional result and send the certificate once we've received it? It is going to be on hold anyway until they process my ILR application
3 - Application before 6th April where the applicant has asked them to be put on hold whilst the ILR of husband is being processed will be considered under old rules or new?

It'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on the above points.

Regards
Malik15
Hi Malik,
I am in similar situation but thankfully my Mrs have a UK degree. I m going to apply soon just waiting for few more days just in case home office releases new application forms with guidance notes. But if they dont i will apply and as far as I understood from the discussions from here and after speaking to couple of lawyers. HO office will consider the date application was sent to them not the date ILR is issued but it is very confusing. In your case you can apply as HO will not decide FLR(m) un till ur application is decided and you can always send them final result in post.
I think Vinny and others can shed more light on this.
[/quote]

I am also thinking to withdraw my 10 year application, but could not make up my mind properly, what to do??
at the moment my annual salary is £ 21000 annually when calculating A-B =c i found they can refuse it on the basis of this, can it b possible??? I am going to start 2nd job part time from now on in order to fulfill the requirements A-B=c can I send my wife application before 6th April along with showing £ 21000 payslips and bank statement and later on after 1 month when I will start receiving my wages from another job sending them additional documents to consider, will home office accept this or you can not send them later on ??? please senior members comment on this

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:39 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 years rule on OCT 2012 still waiting for decision. My solicitor applied for my family leave on flro form , Home office refused with right of appeal, First tier judge allowed appeal, now my family received visa just our solicitor informed us today. I have question here if I will get ILR still my family can apply ILR on basis of dependent because they were tier 1 dependent last four years and going to complete ten year next year too. A bit confusing situation now they are on DLR on basis of 7 year child / family / private life.
Your views and discussion will be great.

Please keep me in your prayers .

Regards
amjad leeds
if your family appealed in time then they can qualify next year on 10 years route.
as a tier 1 dependent...I dont think so.
I dont know who gave you advise for FLR O

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 pm

hi I send an email got this response from home office,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your further email.

As outlined in our previous email, on 6 April 2014 there will be a change to the Immigration Rules that will mean PBS dependants who are applying to ‘switch’ into the Partner of a Settled Person route will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM. This change will apply to all applications made on or after 6 April 2014.

However, those who make an application to switch into the spouse of a settled person category before 6 April 2014, and who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain under Paragraph 284. A person meeting these rules would be granted 2 years further leave to remain.

Those who are granted under Part 8 can combine any leave as a PBS dependant, with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

A person meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

Our website will be modified on 6 April 2014 to reflect the changes in the Immigration Rules relating to PBS dependants that come into effect on that date.
Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Hello azka,

Can you please forward your ALL corrospondence of UKVI to my email address...sending you message now with my email address...Thankx

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Is there any guru who answer it pleeeeeeeeeaz.

If a person having tier 4 visa and applied for SET LR

Wife needs to apply FLR M before 4th april 2014.
He do not have work permission Or Part Time work Permission
How will he show the maintenance
He is not claiming (Nor he did) any benefits.

Money coming from abroad via relative and friend traveling to home country (Legally its allowed to carry small amount of money i think less then 10,000 USD or 6000 GBP i am not sure). And if some friends or relative give some money regularly.

How to prove it ?

azka

Post by azka » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:42 am

maaan143 wrote:hi I send an email got this response from home office,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your further email.

As outlined in our previous email, on 6 April 2014 there will be a change to the Immigration Rules that will mean PBS dependants who are applying to ‘switch’ into the Partner of a Settled Person route will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM. This change will apply to all applications made on or after 6 April 2014.

However, those who make an application to switch into the spouse of a settled person category before 6 April 2014, and who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain under Paragraph 284. A person meeting these rules would be granted 2 years further leave to remain.

Those who are granted under Part 8 can combine any leave as a PBS dependant, with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

A person meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

Our website will be modified on 6 April 2014 to reflect the changes in the Immigration Rules relating to PBS dependants that come into effect on that date.
Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Hello azka,

Can you please forward your ALL corrospondence of UKVI to my email address...sending you message now with my email address...Thankx
Dear sir/Madam,

new changes undermine the transitional provisions part 8 (PBS dependent prior 9th July 2012)

I have quoted below exactly the same wording copied from page 10 and page 11 given below

"IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS
FAMILY MEMBERS UNDER APPENDIX FM OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Chapter 8" page 10 and page 11
Transitional Provisions

" Long Residence and Points Based System Dependant
If the main relevant Points Based System (PBS) Migrant gains indefinite leave
to remain on the basis of Long Residence any PBS dependant partner will not
be able to extend their leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependant and
will be required to switch into the partner of a settled person category and apply
for limited leave.
before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for
further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
after 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence will be required to apply to extend their leave as a
partner under Appendix FM "

this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement clearly distinguish between PBS dependent granted leave before 9 July and PBS Dependent granted leave after 9th July 2012
how come this new rules changes 6th April 2014 completely ignore transitional provisions part 8 arrangement
this transitional provisions part 8 arrangement provide transitional cover to PBS dependent before 9th july 2012 but new changes will undermine the transitional provison part 8 for PBS granted leave before 9th july 2012.

could you please reconsider it this could be possibly human error, or if home office does not review it these new changes mentioned above will be challenged in court of Justice.

waiting for your reply

kind regards

these 2 email crosspondence only I have got with home office which I share on this forum

eureg
Newly Registered

Post by eureg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 am

hi,

I intend to apply for10 years ILR.

i have all my passports, police registration and home office letters in hte past 10 years.

are them enough as supporting evidence? or i have to send utility bills,GP letter, council tax bills, HMRC papers and so on?

thaanks

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 am

eureg wrote:hi,

I intend to apply for10 years ILR.

i have all my passports, police registration and home office letters in hte past 10 years.

are them enough as supporting evidence? or i have to send utility bills,GP letter, council tax bills, HMRC papers and so on?

thaanks
that is enough don't forget proof of english and travel history. You only need the extra documents like gp letter council bills if you don't have your passport.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 am

hi please help

i want to use my cash savings
COuld you kindly answer my questions
Q1 in section 7 where do i mention this as there s no direct box for savings?
Q2 in calculating adequate maintenance should i take the (A)closing balance( B) average bank statement for past three months (C) or minimum of last three months .As they are all different for me

For english requirent i have my original degree from pakistan , uk naric equilancy and a print out from points calculator awarding 10 points. is that enough or do i need a letter form university as well

Mustakim81
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim81 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:19 am

dear friends

by the grace of almighty allah i finally received my ILR today. the anxious and agonising wait is over.

my time line

applied on 15th may 2013
bio done on 3rd aug 2013

called HO few times but didnt hear anything. finally the caseworker called me on 12th march saying they have lost my bio metric details.
she asked me to give my bio again as soon as possible and said once she will get my biometric she will process my application sooner.

so biometric given 2nd time on 18 march

the received the approval letter on 24th mmarch.

anyone who is waiting pplease be patient. insallah you willl all get good news soon.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 am

GOd Helps wrote:hi please help
i am dependent pre 9 july and applying for FLRM before 6 april
i want to use my cash savings
COuld you kindly answer my questions
Q1 in section 7 where do i mention this as there s no direct box for savings?
Q2 in calculating adequate maintenance should i take the (A)closing balance( B) average bank statement for past three months (C) or minimum of last three months .As they are all different for me

For english requirent i have my original degree from pakistan , uk naric equilancy and a print out from points calculator awarding 10 points. is that enough or do i need a letter form university as well

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 am

Just checked the tracking number for the prepaid envelop I enclosed and seems they have delivered it. let's see what's inside when I get back from work.

timeline:
APP SENT : 03/12/13
BIO DONE: 04/01/14

thanks

owenhehe
Newly Registered

Post by owenhehe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:52 am

Dear all,

Good news from me. This morning I received approval letter from home office. Now the wait is finally over. I applied on 26th November. So it is about 4 month waiting in total. Can someone please update skydrive for me?

My case has a slight complication: I have lost my passport before, so I don't have all the entry stamps on my new passport. I didn't provide evidences for the dates (of entry and exit). But HO seems to be able to find out what I have said is true. I am student for 8 year and tier 2 for 2 year.

One more question, I haven't received my BRP yet. I know from other post that there is DX number I can call, does anyone know what is that number? Hope it will be delivered today.

Good luck to everyone here.

Edit: I googled DX number, called them, was told a BRP is on the way for delivery and will be with me today. :,)
Last edited by owenhehe on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am

Dear seniors & Gurus,

If someone has applied for ILR(LR) and not received any response yet and want to apply for partner before 6th April, when filling FLR(M) How to fill question 3.15 " If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? [Date required]". My concern is if I leave it blank HO may consider it an invalid application.

Your response and contributed will be much appreciated.

Best regards

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 am

Dear all,

Apologies for another Topic

Just wondering after the HO offered reconsideration, did they ask you to post you current BRP or Passport or Police Reg Cert before they informing the outcome?

In my case HO only asked solicitor to post my BRP card and Police cert after we sent pre action letter and received a reconsideration reply.

Does Home office normally ask BRP only rather than the passport and other support documents?

Time line:

Set (LR) applied: July 28 2013
Refusal received: Nov 2013
Pre Action letter sent on: Dec 19 2013
Acknowledge of PAP: 23 Jan 2014
Reconsideration offered by Home office: 05 Feb 2014
Original BRP card and Police reg Cert required by Home office: 7 Mar 2014 all sent on 13th March and arrived Livepool SET department on the 17th March.

not yet received outcome informing letter so far apart from the request of original BRP and Police Reg Cert.

Many many thanks and prayers for myself and who are also waiting for decision

InfoR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by InfoR » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 am

Good morning all,

Great News from my solicitor just now. They have received my documents and approval letter today. The wait is finally over for me. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting patiently.

Timeline
Applied 19/12/14
Acknowledgement 23/12/14
Biometric Invite 14/1/14
Biometric enrolled 20/1/14
Approval and Doc 20/3/14 (dated)
BRP Waiting

Documents sent
4 x Passport covering 10 years
1 x Life in the UK certificate
1 x Driving license (copies of two counter parts as I had 3 points (spent/expired) on license and I declared it)
1 x GCSE certificates
2 x College certificates
2 x Degree certificates for BSc and MSc

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 am

Congratulation. Enjoy the freedom

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 am

Congrats Man and enjoy the relax time.

No more extensions .. Pray for us too..

Regards

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 am

CONGRATS EVERY ONE WHO GOT THE ILR TODAY

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 am

Good Morning Guys,

It is a GOOD morning today. Alumdulilah I have received my Approval letter. I was worried because the last student extension which was in 2012 i received my application as invalid but I submitted back in next 6 days. My time line is as Follows

application sent : 24th November 2013
Acknowledgement Received : 10th December 2013
Biometric letter recieved : 6th January 2014
Biometric Enrolled : 11th JAnuary 2014
Approval letter dated : 22nd March 2014
Approval letter received : 25th March 2014
Biometric still Waiting

Ohhh my God I have waited for so long to write all that :lol: . Any way I m happy. All the brothers and sisters who are still waiting please be patient good things comes with it own time.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

Md anser wrote:Good Morning Guys,

It is a GOOD morning today. Alumdulilah I have received my Approval letter. I was worried because the last student extension which was in 2012 i received my application as invalid but I submitted back in next 6 days. My time line is as Follows

Biometric still Waiting

Ohhh my God I have waited for so long to write all that :lol: . Any way I m happy. All the brothers and sisters who are still waiting please be patient good things comes with it own time.
congrats

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 am

Md anser wrote:Good Morning Guys,

Biometric still Waiting

Mashalla Brother Congrats Thats great News and Enjoy now.
All your hard work paid off now.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Varying application into 10 years long residence application

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am

Hi All,
I am currently waiting on my Tier 1(Entreprenure) visa applcation, my business partner got his visa 10 days ago but till now I didn't receive anything, now from Friday I am eligible to apply for my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence.
My question is can I vary application as my team member application has been accepted.
If I can vary my application into ILR then does any one has the covering letter template so I can include my details accordingly.
I don't remember the dates that I travelled. How to overcome that?
Also it is the same application form or different one If one is varying application.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks and good luck to all

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

Mustakim81 wrote:dear friends

by the grace of almighty allah i finally received my ILR today. the anxious and agonising wait is over.

my time line

applied on 15th may 2013
bio done on 3rd aug 2013

called HO few times but didnt hear anything. finally the caseworker called me on 12th march saying they have lost my bio metric details.
she asked me to give my bio again as soon as possible and said once she will get my biometric she will process my application sooner.

so biometric given 2nd time on 18 march

the received the approval letter on 24th mmarch.

anyone who is waiting pplease be patient. insallah you willl all get good news soon.

cong my friend,

a little good news for you is you can apply for naturalization from 15 august 2014.

anyone whos application process for ilr is more than 3 three month and its not his/her fault while submitting document can claim all his time after 3 months in 1 year ilr waiting time.

regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi,

Many Congratulations to all successful applicants. Enjoy your freedom and please remember us in your prayers

Thanks